Recording issue on E4

Thought it was a fresh install from the zgemma site, I'm not into them backup builds. Would rather use a fresh and have it how I want it I'm going to see if I can fix it on the weekend using a fresh vix build

Liam, how do you fancy trying all the openvix builds to see where the error starts from? I read that 4.1.003 is ok, so somewhere after that the error came in, finding that build and what was updated could give a clue to why this happens to some boxes and not all?

zip.gif
openvix-4.1.016.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.38 MB03 July 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.015.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.38 MB29 June 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.014.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.38 MB27 June 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.013.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.37 MB21 June 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.012.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.36 MB15 June 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.011.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.36 MB11 June 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.010.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.25 MB30 May 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.009.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.20 MB12 May 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.008.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.19 MB07 May 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.004.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.10 MB24 April 2016
zip.gif
openvix-4.1.003.release-zgemma-h.2s_usb.zip
55.04 MB24 April 2016

Process of elimination, once the build that screws tuner b up is found a check of the changelog for that build should show what has changed to cause the error?

Last edited:
I am having the same issues recording on e4. Set a series link and each night it says it's there but no recording when I play it. I set it tonight for e4 + 1 and seems ok so far.

I might have a go at the weekend mate. It would take over half an hour for each build though

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ----------

But to be fair I don't think know vix will do anything about it because it don't officially support zgemma

I might have a go at the weekend mate. It would take over half an hour for each build though

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ----------

But to be fair I don't think know vix will do anything about it because it don't officially support zgemma

True about the vix support. Well i'm in work and just tested my box here, its on wooshbuild 4.001 and tuner b fails on the first channel 4 transponder but not the second, wierd or what?

I installed openatv latest night build earlier without any extra's and still had no signal for E4. I just can't understand how two boxes with same build can be different, one works fine while the other doesn't.

I installed openatv latest night build earlier without any extra's and still had no signal for E4. I just can't understand how two boxes with same build can be different, one works fine while the other doesn't.

Hmmm, wonder if theres been a hardware change on some boxes?

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 AM ----------

Grog try atv 5.1 and i'm thinking it will work fine?

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 AM ----------

I'm looking forward to seeing woosh do a build for the xtrend 8500... was looking at those the other day then seen mention that a wooshbuild will be coming for them... talk about twisting my arm lol

Good morning

OK, I have uploaded a backup from a brand new H2S box direct from Zgemma.co.uk.

OpenATV 5.3
Drivers dated: 2016-01-21
Installed: 2016-04-13
Last Updated: 2016-04-12

The only things I have done is removed the foreign satellites and channels then added AB E2. I set my region and ran a scan. This was to check that a simple system like this will work for testing. It does. DO NOT run any updates on this backup as the purpose is to test an older OpenATV 5.3 version.

As I don't suffer from the problem some of you do, please feel free to download the backup and flash your boxes to test the E4 issue using this older backup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbsborwx8n7kfib/Straight_from_new_H2S_box.zip?dl=1

PLEASE NOTE: When flashing from USB you will need to press the front power button when you see "FLSH" on the LCD front screen.
I know you know what you are doing, but this is to help try and solve an issue, not to teach people how to flash a box when the backup isn't set to force flash.

Good morning

OK, I have uploaded a backup from a brand new H2S box direct from Zgemma.co.uk.

OpenATV 5.3
Drivers dated: 2016-01-21
Installed: 2016-04-13
Last Updated: 2016-04-12

The only things I have done is removed the foreign satellites and channels then added AB E2. I set my region and ran a scan. This was to check that a simple system like this will work for testing. It does. DO NOT run any updates on this backup as the purpose is to test an older OpenATV 5.3 version.

As I don't suffer from the problem some of you do, please feel free to download the backup and flash your boxes to test the E4 issue using this older backup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbsborwx8n7kfib/Straight_from_new_H2S_box.zip?dl=1

PLEASE NOTE: When flashing from USB you will need to press the front power button when you see "FLSH" on the LCD front screen.
I know you know what you are doing, but this is to help try and solve an issue, not to teach people how to flash a box when the backup isn't set to force flash.

yah I have signal of 97% on tuner b for E4 and if I scan it finds all the C4 related channels, problem fixed :)

Confirmed, tuner b works fine on both transponders 10714 and 10729 and picks up channels on a scan :)

let me flash it back again, i put 3.03 back on again after testing back shortly

---------- Post Merged at 01:53 PM ----------

Running updates shows 227 total but it wants to flash a new image online from the august list before updating

I flashed the 20160806 image and did no updates. Checked tuner b on both transponders, no signal and no channels on a scan so looks like a driver issue somewhere between those 2 images?

---------- Post Merged at 02:20 PM ----------

Thanks for your help though bud, much appreciated... back to 3.03 i go lol

wish I had read this before starting the flashing to 20160806 LOL

Has anyone looked in the drivers list to see if there is one available for tuner b?

wish I had read this before starting the flashing to 20160806 LOL

Has anyone looked in the drivers list to see if there is one available for tuner b?

I shouldn't laugh lol

If its a driver issue for tuner b then would it be possible to flash the latest atv5.3 and add updates then manually overwrite tuners b's drivers from an older working atv5.3 like the one woosh posted above that worked, that could be the best workaround maybe??

If you can find someone who can find out which file etc etc yes in theory.

Grog doesn't like my theories, he has come across them before :-)

Daz, if you load open webif for you box in web browser and check gui version, what date is it showing?

Ignore that, my two boxes had different gui version so thought there could be the issue but not sure it is now as updated so both same and still hasn't solved problem on box with dodgy tuner b

Last edited:
I'm in work at the mo... but searching the internet for clues as to where the drivers are for tuner b so i can extract them from the working image above to insert into wooshbuild 4.001 and test those pesky transponders. Only thing I have come across so far is lib/modules/4.0.1/extra from a post about a tuner fix, keep on looking tho, i have all night.

I'm in work at the mo... but searching the internet for clues as to where the drivers are for tuner b so i can extract them from the working image above to insert into wooshbuild 4.001 and test those pesky transponders. Only thing I have come across so far is lib/modules/4.0.1/extra from a post about a tuner fix, keep on looking tho, i have all night.
I found some drivers from that very folder online dated May, I copied them to my 'badbox' restarted box and nothing changed. tonight a took a full backup of my 'good box' and flashed it on my 'bad box' so basically both boxes where exactly the same but still the bad box had no signal on tuner b for the E4 channels yet the 'good box' has a good signal on both tuners,

Back