Recover Dead Skybox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

Skybox F5 HD

Why does my skybox f5 hd keep resarting/rebooting everytime i click something on the remote? Anybody know?

i'm a newbie HELP PLEASE :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

tried everything still couldnt get mine to recover :(

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 PM ----------

when i go through the details on how mine just reboots

Hi dumbguy,how do I run config.bat file? Thanks in advance

config.bat should be found in the same folder as your loader program. just click on it with your mouse then run the loader with the skybox turned off until the program says it is trying to synchronize, at that point power up the skybox.

I Have tried everything trust me

but this is what sorted it out for me as i didnt have the config.bat with some of the stuff i downloaded started looking for it found it used what was said above and viola all working now

thanks a lot mate

hi when I turn box on after please reset target turn box on it says set stb memory error??? any ideas many thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:18 PM ----------

hi toffeemac08 got the same prob do everythin then set stb memory error plz help thanks

Hi, i have followed instructions & it downloads & burns 100% to my skybox f5 but the skybox does not auto load & nothing on display of box either...only sign of life is light flickering from ethernet port at back of box...any ideas....HELP....MANY THANKS.

Last edited:
I have tried to do this using the eromclient.abs and all I get is wrong file error message. if I download latest firmware from skybox.cc it flashes but then when finished the box boot just loops ie L001-L100 and around again constantly. this is further than it was tho ( just stuck on load before) any ideas?? thanks in advance

HUGE THANKS TO BARRYBOOM & WOMBLEFREE F5 BACK UP & RUNNING...FOLLOWED YOU INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER & ALL IS WELL. MANY THANKS (y)

hi hiteck iv followed the instructions press next turn box on says ok then checking serial port status then com test error?plz help been tryin 4 days

Just flashed it the burn went well.. But the box is still looping any ideas please ?

Got it sorted re flashed with different FW

Last edited:
Back