Recover Dead Skybox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

hi all iv got a f5 stuck on reboot have tried null cable and loads of different firmware but still no good is there any other programs i can try or any way i can connect to box via internetcheers

Thanks for this will give it go, the skybox f5 just has a red light on the front...will attempt to flash now

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 AM ----------

Dear All

I'm using a RS232 NULL MODEM CABLE (Female to female) plugged into a very old laptop. Gone through each com ports and what ever i try i get "Synchronising STBs .....Please reset target.

Tried various ways of resetting the box i.e power on after i click next and vice versa

Thanks

hi I have same problem as upgrade file mismatch
This is an alternative firmware upgrade for the skybox F5, if like me, running official firmware you get file mismatch error. You may find that this is the correct firmware for you box.

Thanks to HiTech

---------- Post Merged at 03:14 PM ----------

thanks mate I have updated my firmware but is this the latest firmware or can I download from skybox.cc or any other site mate sill my youtube not working.. any help will be appriciated

Any chance of getting that clone mismatch file again? It has been deleted from the site where it was uploaded.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
banana.

Hi there i have a f5 skybox thats stuck on loop. im using a RS232 NULL MODEM CABLE (Female to female) and all i get is Synchronising STBs .....Please reset target . this my first post to get the privileges so thanks again.

Hi
I have just set up my skybox F5s and loaded ajs channel list and a cccam all perfect. then to try and be safe i did a full backup of the image. rebooted after this and it looped 100% load then reloop. it did this a few times then suddenly booted up again but with no channels. i panicked (obviously) then realised the signal cable had disconnected, put that back and all is well. the trouble is i am now worried about turning it off again in case it loops. is it likely the signal cable disconnection would of caused the bootloop?
Thanks

Hi, got in touch with supplier and it turned out to be a firmware issue, downloadeded latest firmware and flashed box via USB. All good

Hi All
Could anyone point me in the right direction of a confirmed working USB to Female rs232 null cable as I do not have access to a Computer with a rs232 connection

Thanks.

Hi All
Could anyone point me in the right direction of a confirmed working USB to Female rs232 null cable as I do not have access to a Computer with a rs232 connection

Thanks.

I tried and tried with a usb. Tried it once in an old xp pc of my mum's and it worked first time. Dont bother with a laptop will only frustrate u.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info andy, will purchase a standard rs232 cable and try to get hold of someone with a tower pc

has anyone found these boxes to be a little glitchy? I know they are cheap and what can i expect but i was helping someone add a channel list to the box and it seemed to rebbot before the list loaded and eventually it bricked it.

Back