Rip off car insurance

dee

TK Veteran
:boo:

the thieving tossers, i have no claims for 5 years plus but the fecking co op have put my premuim up by £90, iv checked all sites and still can`t get a decent quote, im 40 not fecking 17. wot a bunch of scamming c***s, RANT NOT OVER bastards.:cry::bang head:

got the insurance threw Direct Line £373.12, and the partner can build up her no clains.

The missus just got hers through, she is 33 with 5 years NCB and it's gone up this year from 250 to 345 this year :faint:. That's with Churchill.

Time to move another insurance company me thinks...

i've put my car up for sale due to the prices, they have gone up regardless of age and NCB.

its getting daft were the normal drivers are being priced of the road. petrol and diesel set to top £1:50 a litre. not good. no wonder there is so many people out there who don`t bother with insurance.

exactly dee, no wonder they drive without insurance etc

i for one dont want to drive now, its put me right off

my dads insurance jumped up by more than £1,000 and he has more no claims than probably anyone on here

found him a reasonable quote even though it was still a £200-300 increase.

oh dear this again! yup insured my 17 yr old under my name and it cost us £2500 All coz hes 17 and just passed and ive had no ins in my name for about 15 yrs since we only had the one car.
Now my son has just gone "bang" well wont be telling the ins coz otherwise it will cost me even more next yr. - see other rant thread on that lol!
As for petrol god i remember a few months ago to fill up our car used to cost £ 45-50 (1.8 avensis) cost hubby £70 last night to fill it up! thats around £20 extra in only a few months WTF??? and yes even his ins went up in dec we pay 265 with hastings direct - cheaper than swiftcover who we were with previous

did he damage the car badly Linny?

best not tell them, they will have a field day and hit you in the pocket as hard as they can.

with the petrol prices as well, i've gone off driving. rather just keep a bike. lol

sorry just comeback to this thread! @j4v3d Cost me about £360 so not to bad.

Anyways back to Ranting about car ins.
Hubby decided to change our car. So ok i gets onto the ins people. My ins was renewed just b4 xmas so we have been insured with this company for 3 months next week. i paid in full £265. Rang them to get a quote for the new car AND apparently they couldnt insure it with the underwriters its currently with because the car is to expensive - no its not even a Brand new car. So anyways they told me i would have to cancel that insurance and get a quote with them for the new car as a new customer. Fine. did that and got a quote for the new car for £355. Great!
Now the only problem is that i have got to CANCEL the policy we have at a cost of £55 WTF??? and althought i paid in FULL and have only had the ins for 3 months they will only give me back £65 So its cost me £200 basically for 3 months insurance.
OK so they offered to waiver the £55 cancellation fee If i accepted a new quote - which we did as they were cheaper than other companies.
So i get back basically around £120 of my £265 and then have to pay £385 for the new car ( added a few extras like protected NCB and legal fees for passengers and drivers)
Its a total rip off that i only got back £65 out of my £265 that i paid. I worked it out that i had paid around £22 per month ( 265 divied by 12 ) so i expected to get back the other 9 months £198 less some sort of fee! so ive lost around £133 for changing vehicles within 3 months. But the cheek of it was the bloody rudeness of the staff member who told me " i should have checked the small print before i decided to change my vehicle and SHOULD have asked them 1st" WTF since when do i ask permission from the insurance company if i can change my car!!
Its not my bloody fault that their underwriter could not insure my new ( send hand) car " cos its to expensive" Most brand new family cars these days your talking between £10 -15 thousand and they wont insure one of those. How ridiculous!!!!
IF i was rich enough to buy a car worth say £30- £50 thousand then yh far enough say you can insure it but - it aint worth/cost no where near that! Plus technically its not what we have paid as we PX'd but what the car is worth!

My car insurance is up for renewal soon dreading quote.
On the news it did state insurance has gone up by as much as 30% from last year.

i seam to be spending more and more time looking for cheaper car insurance, saved over £100 just by swaping main driver and named driver... go figure

i seam to be spending more and more time looking for cheaper car insurance, saved over £100 just by swaping main driver and named driver... go figure

yes that can make a big difference. But also depends on how much NCB either driver has. Also found out that it depends on where the car is parked both day and night time. Some companies its cheaper on the road rather than in your garage or on the drive - How they work that out i have no idea as one would have thought it was safer in a garage or on your property!

they also go off your postcode as well, my area is just the worse affected, was ranked the highest in the country, that really shocked me

there was some stories few months back from frustrated elder/younger drivers complaining about the insurance premiums. I doubt anyone's insurance has gone cheaper this year.

Still trying to shift my car, seems no one is willing to buy lol

bad times on the market i guess

we live in a better area now than we did ( well thats what we thought) but when we moved the insurance went up rather than down at the time. Seems to have just gone up every yr since!
I really think they should change the way we deal with insurance in the UK
Still trying to shift my car, seems no one is willing to buy
what you trying to sell and depends on if you have it up for to high a price or not. Everyone has to compensate for ins going up, if you want to sell your car then you have to lower the price.

we live in a better area now than we did ( well thats what we thought) but when we moved the insurance went up rather than down at the time. Seems to have just gone up every yr since!
I really think they should change the way we deal with insurance in the UK

what you trying to sell and depends on if you have it up for to high a price or not. Everyone has to compensate for ins going up, if you want to sell your car then you have to lower the price.

i've put mine up for £1495ono obviously will take less, had a lot of interest and people coming to see it. Some are just timewasters! :censored:

oh im sure you get a lot of time wasters when you try n sell a car what car you got for sale. Makes me laugh when they come n kick the tyres - why?? lol! what does that prove??

oh im sure you get a lot of time wasters when you try n sell a car what car you got for sale. Makes me laugh when they come n kick the tyres - why?? lol! what does that prove??

or rev the car when its cold, dont they know you shouldnt be revving up a car that is cold? I got the MOT certificate and one of them said give me the keys so i can take to another garage in another town and get it checked out, i was like did i do the MOT for the fun of it.

Vauxhall Corsa Club 2002 green colour 3 door.

the bonnet has a little dent in which has been repaired not even bad at all and they moan over that, hello it is a second hand car LOL

Back