Rip off car insurance

Robbing F**KING BAS***DS!!!!!!!!.35yrs,never had crash or claim been driving 18yrs, 12years ncb, bmw 320diesel 03 plate £1250!!!HOW?I live in liverpool and after a bit of research i believe we our postcode is the second highest postcode in uk for insurance next to manchester.My theory is if my cheapest quote is £1250 what can i do but pay?.SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM!!!!!!!!!!.|Thanks for listening x x x x x

Robbing F**KING BAS***DS!!!!!!!!.35yrs,never had crash or claim been driving 18yrs, 12years ncb, bmw 320diesel 03 plate £1250!!!HOW?I live in liverpool and after a bit of research i believe we our postcode is the second highest postcode in uk for insurance next to manchester.My theory is if my cheapest quote is £1250 what can i do but pay?.SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM!!!!!!!!!!.|Thanks for listening x x x x x

welcome to the north west lol

we are ALL suffering pal

Register the car at another address and do the insurance from there. Lol

My car is parked in the car park at Buckingham palace.

Register the car at another address and do the insurance from there. Lol

My car is parked in the car park at Buckingham palace.

good luck with that, once you get caught then your prices will be going even higher and spending some time behind a metal cell door.

i just got a quote for mine in birmingham. in wastold my renewal was gonna be 900 so i thought i can get this cheaper. i looked and looked the co op quoted 1299 everyone else went over 3500. i was f***** amazed. i am one of thoise people that save cats out of trees and consider that to be a professional driving position. my wife has been driving for 2 years and these people wanna take take take. no wonder people dont insure. i dont blame them. by the way how do you find out which postcode charges what?

Last edited:
i just got a quote for mine in birmingham. in wastold my renewal was gonna be 900 so i thought i can get this cheaper. i looked and looked the co op quoted 1299 everyone else went over 3500. i was f***** amazed. i am one of thoise people that save cats out of trees and consider that to be a professional driving position. my wife has been driving for 2 years and these people wanna take take take. no wonder people dont insure. i dont blame them. by the way how do you find out which postcode charges what?

google your postcode just put in postcode insurance premiums or something. will tell you. Birmingham is classed as one of the worst areas to get car/house insurances done.

Postcode i think depends on the inusrance company. We moved to a better more expensive area and i expected my insuracne to go down - quite the opposite! it went up! ok house was bigger so expect home ins to go up but same car But parked on a driveway rather than down the road away from the house and it cost us MORE! so have no idea how this postcode lottery works with insurance companies. Im sure they make it up as they go along!!
Now due to " the cost of living" and the fact that more and more people dont seem to bother with insurance it seems to be going up more and more these days. I use my car to take my disabled son to and from his placement, which he does not get paid for. By bus it would cost me 4 buses a day a bus there and back for both of us @£2 per journey = £12 per day x £48 per week. So car is probably much cheaper. Transortation wether it be car bus train etc all expensive

couldnt agree more!!! got mine down to 300 quid last year got hit by another driver and I'M punished....renewal quote...£1862.00....err no thanks!!!!!

couldnt agree more!!! got mine down to 300 quid last year got hit by another driver and I'M punished....renewal quote...£1862.00....err no thanks!!!!!
If it was not your fault why have you been quoted so high - its disgusting - did you loose any NCB - you shouldnt have done if it was proved it was their fault. Have you looked at other Insurance companies to see if you can get it down.

For me and the misses fully comp on my bmw i paid £540 last year if i wanted to pay monthly installments it worked out to be £753 ?? this years renewal was down by a tenner at £530 with 2 years no claims checked price comparison sites and all quotes around £600+ mark so stuck with same insurer I now always put money aside for the dreaded insurance renewal date and pay it all in one go ..

Yes i put mine on the CC and pay them back rather than pay buy DD coz they do charge you a lot more. Its far easier to pay back my CC with as much as i have spare each month - usually get it paid up pretty quick as i jsut take it out of my savings

I've just had to claim about £780 off Admiral who I was with last year cos they took money out without my knowledge. Didn't have DD or SO setup for them to take any amount so I had to call them today to get refund. Also contacted bank to see how they were able to get the cash in the first place.
Went with LV this year who were about £300 odd cheaper! Think i've stayed with same insurance once in the past 10 years or so as it pays to shop around.

I've just had to claim about £780 off Admiral who I was with last year cos they took money out without my knowledge. Didn't have DD or SO setup for them to take any amount so I had to call them today to get refund. Also contacted bank to see how they were able to get the cash in the first place.
Went with LV this year who were about £300 odd cheaper! Think i've stayed with same insurance once in the past 10 years or so as it pays to shop around.
MMM be interesting to find out how they managed to take your money if you had nothing set up! I was thinking of going with them as we have 2 cars ( if they were cheaper) but if they work like that then i wont. Let us know what your bank had to say about how they managed to get funds without a DD or SO

MMM be interesting to find out how they managed to take your money if you had nothing set up! I was thinking of going with them as we have 2 cars ( if they were cheaper) but if they work like that then i wont. Let us know what your bank had to say about how they managed to get funds without a DD or SO

Will keep you updated about that.
Curious myself. Admiral did say it would take 3 to 10 days to get refund but just said to them that my bank balance is near zero now because of this so they arranged a "chaps payment" (is that right?) and i've just check my account and have it back in luckily enough. Just in time for the weekend lol

dont know what Chaps is but BACS i know. Glad you got it back
googled
CHAPS originally stood for Clearing House Automated Payment System
BACS Bankers Automated Clearing System
basically the same thing but think chaps is more instant than bacs asthat can take -3/4 days

Im with admiral.
But there multi car policy is a complete load of crap works out more than taking out seperate policies got quote but said no no no noo after half hour on there 0845 india number :(
Misses is now on sheilas wheels with her vw polo around £300 would not be seen dead in lol so just her on that policy, and both insured on my bmw ( Now i can get pissed she can drive :woohoo: ) @ £530 but admiral quoted over a grand for both so not such a great deal as they make out in ads.

Leemoo they probably had your debit card details from last time you insured with them and if you dont let them know your changing to some other insurance company they will automaticaly take money again

Last edited:
A little off topic here but what the hell.

Doobs, you mentioned the 0845 number there, I know can cost quite a bit on the phone bill.

In future before ringing those numbers give this site a go for any number.

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

the 01 02 03 numbers here are allot cheaper, I don't know if that is the case where you are?.

This site has saved me a fortune over time, just click on this link.

sayno.png

Enter the given number you are required to ring and it will give you cheaper alternatives.

Bookmark it if it's helpful buddy.

To get back on topic,

Last year we paid 22 quid a month for the missuses car, we now pay 38 quid a month with the same insurance company.

They were the cheapest after going through all the known comparison sites.

Comparison sites are not up to much and then all you get is Spam emails from them!
H the say no ive often found that they do not have "proper" numbers for sites or if they do they do not answer or your in the wrong department call back on 0870 etc
I tend to just google sites. The comparison sites well they give you quotes and when you get to the cheapest company its surprising how quick the quote you got changes and goes up!
Im sure its on here somewhere but when we changed our car back in around march the co we were with refused to insure us as on their books the car was to expensive ( C180), but as my year was around half done they would only give me 4 months worth back and i had to pay a penalty. Most ins if you change/upgrade your car they just tell you the extra and insure you - so this yr hubbys ins was rather expensive. We went to another ins co and it cost him £600 - thats hardly expensive but why previous co would not accept it is untrue, they said a 10 plate was to new, yet if we had bought the same car we had but a 10/11 plate it would probably have cost more to buy than the C180 we bought. our current car has lower emmisions etc etc yet they refused to insure a newer more efficient car! the avensis was very high emmisions and cost over £100 more in tax than the newer car.
I really wished i knew how they worked out the prices for insurance and how the bands worked!
Was watching an old Top gear and they were talking about 18 yr old and ins - now have no idea where they got thier infor fomr but a BMS was like grp 30 and some other car was grp8 and they told 18 yr old to get that - well in my book grp 8 is still high. My sons car is a grp 3 and its a 1.2 corsa sxi - that was expensive enough grp 8 car is far to high for a new driver.

whether you go direct or comparison sites it doesnt make much difference you end up paying more. Rather stick to the public transport, but like insurance prices its going to come to a point where people wont be able to afford them

Back