Scrambled channels (read here first before posting)

Thanks everybody for your help, after a week of trying everything i have learnt about these boxes in the past 3 years and all the advise received from you, my problem is sorted and as i suspected it was the server even though i had been assured it was fine their end !!!

Glad to hear you now have it working but I am curious as to how it was resolved ?
Your last post stated that the light was not flashing for internet connection ?
Until that was resolved then the line in the box was irrelevant.
Nothing your line supplier could have done to make your internet work so something else must have changed ?

The green light still isn't on (on the back of the modem) but the only other thing I did was remove the other Ethernet cable which I think was for her sky plus box !

Is the light flashing at Ethernet connection on rear of skybox ?
That is where it indicates if the connection is being made ?
Previous comments infer that it wasn't and there was no working internet connection(no weather app etc)
It may be the other cable caused it but just interested for future reference.

Yes the light is and was flashing at the rear of the skybox but you tube/weather wasn't working, it has only started working when I put new code in and not just when I removed other cable, I ticked both lines and it was only the new one that worked

I have a V8S (my first) that I purchased from fleabay last October and it worked wonderful until last Tuesday at 7pm when all the important channels became locked. I updated channel list (AJSat) and firmware to see if that would work and they are still locked. The 'line' shows as 'offline'. I changed the DNS settings. I changed the Ethernet cable. I removed the Ethernet cable (and setting) and tried wi-fi. I have reset the router and restarted the box. Still, 'offline'. Having exhausted what I know, I went back to fleabay and bought and brand new box with the 'gift' installed and ready to go. Should just have to plug and play. No. Still no joy. The seller has gone above and beyond with his help and even offered to take the box back. At the end of the day, my hubby just wants his telly back. So, I have two OpenBox V8S, 3 gift subscriptions, and no telly (sports stations -- we do have council telly). Well I can only apologise that I'm not a satellite techy, but not knowing what else to do. If anyone has any suggestions for me it would be appreciated. I've spent some time looking through posts and have tried. Again, it would be very much appreciated!

I have a V8S (my first) that I purchased from fleabay last October and it worked wonderful until last Tuesday at 7pm when all the important channels became locked. I updated channel list (AJSat) and firmware to see if that would work and they are still locked. The 'line' shows as 'offline'. I changed the DNS settings. I changed the Ethernet cable. I removed the Ethernet cable (and setting) and tried wi-fi. I have reset the router and restarted the box. Still, 'offline'. Having exhausted what I know, I went back to fleabay and bought and brand new box with the 'gift' installed and ready to go. Should just have to plug and play. No. Still no joy. The seller has gone above and beyond with his help and even offered to take the box back. At the end of the day, my hubby just wants his telly back. So, I have two OpenBox V8S, 3 gift subscriptions, and no telly (sports stations -- we do have council telly). Well I can only apologise that I'm not a satellite techy, but not knowing what else to do. If anyone has any suggestions for me it would be appreciated. I've spent some time looking through posts and have tried. Again, it would be very much appreciated!

I think the problem is buying the box with the gift installed from ebay very big NO NO, always buy the gift separate as you cant claim that back from ebay as its a 'gift'

I think the problem is buying the box with the gift installed from ebay very big NO NO, always buy the gift separate as you cant claim that back from ebay as its a 'gift'

Thats it. Buy your line from here and read a how to guide. Bit fiddly first time round but once done it's not so bad

I hope im not breaking any rules as I have literally tried everything

I have taken out a new line after a recommendation on here, the sports work fine, one of the movie channels works, the rest are all scrambled.
I got another test line of someone else and it is exactly the same so its not the line.
I have installed the latest channel list
I have searched the satellites for channels (and also tried this without installing the channel list)
I have updated the firmware to the latest version
I have turned the box off repeatedly
reset the router
I have run out of ideas, can anyone help me....PLEASE

its an openbox v8s

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just like the members above i have also tried everything to get it back running as normal (all channels worked well for two months then stopped overnight). Cccam displays offline, can anybody tell me whether this is a gift problem and how if/how I can fix it please? Much appreciated.

Hey everyone,

Just like the members above i have also tried everything to get it back running as normal (all channels worked well for two months then stopped overnight). Cccam displays offline, can anybody tell me whether this is a gift problem and how if/how I can fix it please? Much appreciated.

it appears that your connection may have gone, you'll need to buy a new line for it. If you have a look in the general sat section "anyone recommend a good pay server 2016 May only" you'll get all the help you need

I am having problems with a v8s box all programmes except free ones scrambled cline is connected have updated firmware and programme list tried both cwaite and ajsat to no avail. Have tried at my bro house where his is working anyone got any ideas

I hope im not breaking any rules as I have literally tried everything

I have taken out a new line after a recommendation on here, the sports work fine, one of the movie channels works, the rest are all scrambled.
I got another test line of someone else and it is exactly the same so its not the line.
I have installed the latest channel list
I have searched the satellites for channels (and also tried this without installing the channel list)
I have updated the firmware to the latest version
I have turned the box off repeatedly
reset the router
I have run out of ideas, can anyone help me....PLEASE

its an openbox v8s

Did you get this sorted mine is doing exactly the same mate tried everything

Have two Sky f3 boxes. One of them is working fine while the other was working fine until yesterday. Had it switched off for around 6 hours and when returned it was Scrambled. Internet connection is fine as the other box is working. Read original post that it may be in sleep connection after been idle but seems strange. All channels updated etc. Re-booted the box and re added the lines all the usual stuff. I know the operations of the box fairly well. Contacted ther server but no response yet so hopefully its an issue his end of maybe rebooting the connection as the other box is working fine and on the server website it displays its live viewings etc. Anyone have this issue before?

Hi,

I have an Openbox V5s that works great most of the time. Occasionally all the pay channels stop working, this is normally fixed by resetting my Openbox and/or BT broadband router, but occasionally this doesn't work straight away and I can be down for a day or so.

My provider doesn't have a phone number that I can find and never respond to the service tickets I send them. But I have had issues in the past and eventually the service comes on, but usually only after I try the reset. So I'm never 100% sure if it was my issue or theirs.

I am down again as of last night, and when I check all 4 of my Clines are showing as login/offline. Is there anyway this could be an issue on my side, or is it their servers being down?

I really hope that this isn't a really stupid question, as I don't want to be "that guy" but I want to be able to watch the football later today if possible without having to get a new subscription.

Thanks in advance.

Back