Scrambled channels (read here first before posting)

Hi iam New at this moved my v8sbox to do work in house put it back on now all channels are scrambled can you please help me thank you

I MISSED A BIG UPDATE

ON SKY/ BT/ TALK TALK , YOU SOMETIMES HAVE TO GO INTO THE ROUTER AND MAKE A CUSTOM SERVICE FOR OPENING A PORT THAT WAS ON YOUR LINE

How do I do this , I was with sky and had no problem , just switched to bt and channels are scrambled , no idea what to do

Hi there, I hope some one can be of help to me please? 4 of my friends have skybox v8s and their gifts are with different servers but from yesterday and this morning all their Sky channels have gone, showing scrambled but the FTA are still working. Has anyone got any ideas what this could be please?

contact their providers
They have but all their providers are saying that there is no problem their ends.its just funny how 4 different providers have gone down the same way don't you think?

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 PM ----------

contact their providers
They have but all their providers are saying that there is no problem their ends.its just funny how 4 different providers have gone down the same way don't you think?

are they all in the same area, is there internet down? for 4 providers all to go at the same time is a bit odd

Bumping this thread because I think there is a huge amount of people nationwide who are experiencing the same or very similar issues.

I signed up just so I could source some advice from my more brainier technical brethrin. I hold a career in networking and 3rd line support for an infrastructure of over 2000 computers & I tell you what, there has been nothing I have ever come across (apart from logon scripts) which is so; A.) so simple that the complex astounds me & B.) impossible to diagnose.

Usually with things like these I don't ever bother with. But this is my mothers and she was so excited to get all the channels and her soaps and timeless classical titles that I just can't bare to here her becoming more frustrated with it.

DHCP > On
Youtube > Working
LAN/WiFi Network > Both okay & established near enough identical network addresses.

I am having a really (self-admittance) REALLY bad time figuring out what the problem is. I have downloaded all the relevant .zip files to dump onto the V8 but the box simply says that it cannot locate the correct .abs/.cfg files. I've tried leaving only one folder of .cfg files on my USB disk, I've also tried loading more than 7 differently named folders on the USB disk in the hopes it would automatically locate and apply. I WAS WRONG! NOTHING! The only thing the box manages to identify on the USB disk (I've used multiple. Old, brand new, mid-aged grey haired) and it only ever seems to source the CCam and TP_LIST configuration files and nothing is changed. The mother (bless her) even forked out for an independent satellite technician to install a new motor as the old one was not working. Still no good. BUT, I must add before I carry on, that when the box was originally installed and the 'gift' was applied (CCAM, TP_LIST files) the box was working for what she claimed to be 5/6 weeks. Start of October to the end was fine but was experiencing channel issues and signal problems at the start of November 15.

I know it can't be the box as all replies and updates here point out at either dodgy LANs, dodgy remotes, the box itself being placed into DMZ? (never heard of that before) and applying some port forwarding processes. I wasn't able to find any information on the port forwarding side of things but I am going to go ahead and say that I still have problems with the channel list and satellite installations even when the ethernet cable isn't plugged in & I am installing channels directly from the satellite (I should still be able to get freeview shouldn't I?, something I have yet to research and will probably leave it to one of you experts)

Like I said, I can supply any screenshots or any network/device information if anyone is asking for it out of curiosity. I wouldn't be so involved in rectifying this issue but as it's for the mother I can't just stand by and do nothing given the fact she knows my technical engineering background. Some F-----G that has come into! Eh?!

Anyway, I know this thread is almost 3 years old now and still receives mild attention sometimes but if something can actually let me know if I am not seeing something just passed my nose, or there is actually some invasive formatting needed to be done here? Any updates? Port forwarding process/walkthrough?

I cannot think of anything else to cover. But if there is and anyone would like to ask or want me to supply with information, please let me know. Imagine if this was your mother!! Honestly though, thanks to all the people who have gave answers in the hopes of helping the other folk' on 'ere but unfortunately, I think my avenue of issues hasn't been listed or recognized yet :(

P.S - The satellite lists SHOULD BE Sky UK 28/Astra 1C, correct? I have tried both at the same time and each individually. They both give me the same channels (I get about 150 Channel 4's and about 50 Film4's) which is cool if your a fan of bohemian repeats.

Thanks all, take it easy

Tom

TechAnnoysMe
Loads of info in your post but a lack of what the real problem is ?
If you have a landline and access to the box as well then I am quite happy to ring you (I'm in Spain) this evening or at a suitable time(nearly always available) to go through all the procedures to check and get it up and running again.
Let me know via a PM please if you want to do this.

hi, i'm new to this site so i apologise if i'm asking for an answer to a common problem, i have a f5s and had no problems for several years, that is until now ! ive been travelling for 6 weeks and when ive returned home and turned on all electricals i find my box only has FTA channels, it says its offline, is there a simple answer to this that it has been in some sort of sleep mode, if so could you please tell me how to rectify this thanks in advance

Try rebooting the router and make sure the line detail has a green tick against it.
Check if the weather app works to ensure internet is working on the box.
Your supplier may have disabled line due to non use so worth asking the question.

hi, i'm new to this site so i apologise if i'm asking for an answer to a common problem, i have a f5s and had no problems for several years, that is until now ! ive been travelling for 6 weeks and when ive returned home and turned on all electricals i find my box only has FTA channels, it says its offline, is there a simple answer to this that it has been in some sort of sleep mode, if so could you please tell me how to rectify this thanks in advance

Do as benijofar says but if you do need a new line then request here (make sure you get a free test first) : http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-pay-server-request-only-february-2016-a.html

Did you get the problem sorted or do you require further assistance ?

No my problem is still not solved, mu supplier assures me all is good and that the problem is with my box or router, the green light is not on at the back of the modem where ive plugged my ethernet cable in and the weather/you tube is not working, ive updated software and channel list and bought a new ethernet cable so unless my supplier is telling me porkies, im still going round in circles !

If there is no green/yellow light flashing at port at rear of box then internet is not connected.
Ensure the Ethernet setting is on active in network settings.
Try the cable in a different port at rear of modem.
It will not work until that problem is resolved.

Then it sounds like the Ethernet port on the box has failed.
Can you try the lead on a computer to verify that's all ok ?
If you have a wifi dongle, you could try that and change settings to suit.
If it works then that confirms the port is kaput but the wifi connection on the f5s was never very good.
Might be an idea to start thinking about a new box if all else fails.

will try this in the morning, the box is my old one that i have given to my daughter, if all fails ill have to treat her to a new one !

Thanks everybody for your help, after a week of trying everything i have learnt about these boxes in the past 3 years and all the advise received from you, my problem is sorted and as i suspected it was the server even though i had been assured it was fine their end !!!

Back