setting up cloud ibox 2 plus tips and hints

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Hi guys. Just got my 2 + and have read for an hour before starting. Ive looked at tutorials and checked download section.
So id really appreciate a hand. Am I right in thinking :

Flash box with vix specifically patched for 2 +

Stick on a channel list (again where?)

Stick on my N (can I just use my CCcam.cfg)

What next?

I just wanted to ask all in 1 go as ive heard easy to brick and files/methods different from ibox 2 standard. Any and all help will be really appreciated buds. Thanks

ok flashed with 2013 safe image (THIS IS IMPORTANT. DO NOT USE 2014 IMAGES!)
did channel scan
updated epg and think its done to update 4am daily

rebooted (did a stupid thing. had vix files on usb in the box cause a warning came up to insert memory but took drive out before it was turned back on. TOO LATE!!)
and had to start all over again!! lol lol

damn this takes a while................

ok...5 hours in.....and still nowhere close to watching tv i bet ya! have developed a worrrying twitch..... lol
and whats this parsing events all about for epg? bout an hour long!!

i know i have to be doing this wrong

Last edited:
1. stick on a clone safe image
2. do your basic setup/ forget the channel scan say you will di it later manuly
3. goto autoboquets hit advanced settings fill in the sections and save. do a scan let it do its thing this will automaticly create your channel list. then set it to do a update evreyday
4. download filezilla to your pc
5. once downloade find the ip of your satbox.
6. type this into filezilla and the username is root
7. if you are going to put your n-line in Cccam.cfg open var/etc on filezilla and replace the one Ccam.config file that is there
8. download Cccam2.13 and place this in the tmp folder using filezilla
9. hit menu/vix/manage local extentions and just install Cccam2.13
10 hit men/vix/softcam/ci and start Cccam 2.13 and the tick enable on start up and save.

when you have done that let me know you should be watching tv anyway

Last edited:
Mike. Thank you. But unfortunately I got lost from 7. I can find folder usin DCC but there's no ccc file in var> etc

ok pm me your line and i will create one for you it will be easier. than explaining how to do it. or if you have a Cccam.cfg file sent to you via your line supplier just put that there.

here is how you do it
1 open notepad
2. copy and paste your line into notepad
3. in the filename call it "Cccam.cfg" without qoutes
4. save
now this file you have just created put in var/etc using your ftp programme. and follow the rest of the steps.

Last edited:
Trying to drag and drop there. I'll see if there's an add file option

And thanks mike

---------- Post Merged at 02:14 PM ----------

Ok. Ive put cccam in /etc

---------- Post Merged at 02:17 PM ----------

Why 2.13? Box specific version?

---------- Post Merged at 02:20 PM ----------

Ok put 2.13 into /var/volatile/tmp
restarting gui

Last edited:
it is just a known stable version and it is var/tmp then just follow the rest of my tut.

ok. got ccc working and watching all channels. now for epg
Loading data for 10 mins. spinning vix
then 5 mins just spinning vix with hard drive working away then intermitant vix
all good so far

Last edited:
ok
1 format usb to fat 32 using pc no bigger than 8 gig
2 hit on your sat box menu/setup/vix/mount manager you should now see your usb. now hit the green button create mount and change the path to media usb then save your box will reeboot.
3. now menu/setup/system/epg settings and change the save location to media/usb and save
4. menu/setup/system/epg/crossepg/config and set the update to once a day and what ever time you want to do the update. then save
5.menu/setup/system/epg/cross epg/open t.v providers pick 28.2 scan and save. let it do its thing
that should be it then just hit the epg button to see if it has worked. sometimes you may have to rebbot your box.
if you want to install picons to make your guide look cool do this
1. goto your ftp programe hit media/usb in their create a folder called "picon" without qoutes
2. google to download rats picon updater install this the same way as Cccam 2.13 it will rebbot normally
3 fo into your plugins menu hit rats picon updater and it will install all your picons. you may have to reboot after it is finshed then just hit the epg button to see the difference

now plugins
i get message
Some plugins are not available: SystemPlugins/VFDControl (global name 'getBoxType' is not defined)

im using fat32 500gb WD initialised on box. all seems ok though

told to use ondemand, tsmedia and dreamexplorer

Last edited:
you would not want picons as your hardrive will spin evreytime you cahange channel.
the only plugins i use are
1. on demand bbciplayer, itv player not syre if still supported by vix

2. ts media stream loads of films direct to your box.
just hit the download button in plugins and they will be under the extentions menu.

a hardrive should be formatted to ext1 you can do this by hitting menu/setup/vix and there should be a option to format the hardrive. and you will have to create a new mountpoint.media/hdd

Last edited:
initialised hd at start. mounted and changed epg save etc
it formatted itself to ext 4 i think. fsck now in progress. would 4 be a problem?

no. ok it is worth creating a swap file do this by
menu/setup/vix/swap manager i would create a 256mb swap file. this stops your epg defaulting to root for the epg data. just do a restart on your box evrey week to clear it.

no. ok it is worth creating a swap file do this by
menu/setup/vix/swap manager i would create a 256mb swap file. this stops your epg defaulting to root for the epg data. just do a restart on your box evrey week to clear it.

i have set save epg to external. no good?

ok i have just the 2 small problems left
1 my box constantly just has 4 dots on front panal, and while the option to show..... used to be in setup now its just brightness etc

2 my epg is only populated on a very few stations when i look at the epg that looks a little like sly+

Last edited:
yes it should look like sly plus create the swap file and do a scan again for your epg in open tv providers then rebbot your box make sure you let evreything finish. what do you mean 4 dots on your box?. your epg is fine on external hardrive.

you would not want picons as your hardrive will spin evreytime you cahange channel.

just hit the download button in plugins and they will be under the extentions menu.

a hardrive should be formatted to ext1 you can do this by hitting menu/setup/vix and there should be a option to format the hardrive. and you will have to create a new mountpoint.media/hdd

OnDemand Player does work with Vix but I wouldn't advise installing the Xbmcaddon at all. It has completely ballsed up my installation and I need to start from scratch now (partly due to my own negligence regarding system backups).

now plugins
i get message
Some plugins are not available: SystemPlugins/VFDControl (global name 'getBoxType' is not defined)

That is the exact error that installing and then removing xbmcaddon has caused on my box. How did you produce it and have you managed to get rid of it since?

I think the '4 dots' thing is a bug in the Zeus v011 build, assuming that's what you flashed. I now have the same problem but the front panel clock was fine on v009 and earlier.

now plugins
i get message

That is the exact error that installing and then removing xbmcaddon has caused on my box. How did you produce it and have you managed to get rid of it since?

I think the '4 dots' thing is a bug in the Zeus v011 build, assuming that's what you flashed. I now have the same problem but the front panel clock was fine on v009 and earlier.

no looks like we're in same boat dude. was ok before flash too.
but i didnt do xbmc
just set epg to usb

will i be ok like that just?

---------- Post Merged at 05:34 PM ----------

OnDemand Player does work with Vix but I wouldn't advise installing the Xbmcaddon at all. It has completely ballsed up my installation and I need to start from scratch now (partly due to my own negligence regarding system backups).

any other way of gettin any on-demand services?

OnDemand Player works fine, just use that and you want your EPG to be on USB since storing it on the internal NAND (especially 7 day) can cause a lot of problems.

I'm assuming that you opted for PS2Gamer Zeus or did you choose a different image?

use one of the older images of vix there has been about 12 updates to zeus since its realse. if you use 3.07 you should be fine you will get on demand player on there then just follow my tut. the latest is not always the best. specaily in your situation with cloud boxes. and certinaly do not update image through vix on your box or you will brick it.

Last edited:
use on of the older images of vix there has been about 12 updates to zeus since its realse. if you use 3.07 you should be fime you will get on demand player on there then just follow my tut. the latest is not always the best. specaily in your situation with cloud boxes.

The only problem with that (and it is a minor one) is that if Zeus becomes the image of choice in a few months from now and you upgrade later then you will need to configure everything all over again since settings can't be transferred from the older versions to Zeus.

If you choose Zeus now then you may come across the odd bug here and there but it may also be more future proof in the long run.

Back