setting up cloud ibox 2 plus tips and hints

OnDemand Player works fine, just use that and you want your EPG to be on USB since storing it on the internal NAND (especially 7 day) can cause a lot of problems.

I'm assuming that you opted for PS2Gamer Zeus or did you choose a different image?

"Deleted"

but then did software updates (14) after that in setup

Last edited:
OnDemand Player works fine, just use that and you want your EPG to be on USB since storing it on the internal NAND (especially 7 day) can cause a lot of problems.

I'm assuming that you opted for PS2Gamer Zeus or did you choose a different image?

no i used openvix-Zeus.008-cloud-ibox-2-plus_usb

but then did software updates (14) after that in setup

I think that might actually be a PS2Gamer build actually, quite a lot of his get uploaded on that forum. To my knowledge, his images are the only ones that can updated safely from within the box menu.

ok that was lucky!!

last thing i think
timeshift is set /media/hdd/timeshift/
how can i set it to my ext hdd?

so why do some paths say /media/usb/movie/ etc etc?

im thinking path should say usb etc

and its currently not working. no pause etc

yes but the people who make the image for your box are already 4 minor updates behind. i have not bothered updating my image evreything still works when i know it is stable i may update. most of thee changes done will only beneifit the new solo 2 etc. as it has mainly concintrated on a better transcoding function. which they have not quite got wright at the moment.

ive obviously changed something i shouldnt have. wont instant record wont pause. havnt tried scheduled record. damn hollyoaks. im banned for hour lololol

path is /media/usb/timeshift

but in menu i dont see that path to select it

all i see is /media/hdd/timeshift and if i select it it says invalid file structure

Last edited:
i know what your saying however, in the situation with clone boxes it rarley works to its full potential.although for example the clone safe images catch up tomorrow the drivers are always months behind. what the clone people do is update the image which is ok however, the drivers are from much earlier images you can actually be worse off.

ive obviously changed something i shouldnt have. wont instant record wont pause. havnt tried scheduled record. damn hollyoaks. im banned for hour lololol

all i see is /media/hdd/timeshift and if i select it it says invalid file structure

First of all sort out that other half because an interest in Hollyoaks can never be a good thing.

Secondly the path can be whatever you like. You just need to make sure that it's on external storage and whatever oath time shift is pointing at is valid.

i know what your saying however, in the situation with clone boxes it rarley works to its full potential.although for example the clone safe images catch up tomorrow the drivers are always months behind. what the clone people do is update the image which is ok however, the drivers are from much earlier images you can actually be worse off.

That's a good point and to be honest I didn't actually consider that. Which build is your ibox 2+ on at the moment and how does that perform if you don't mind me asking?

First of all sort out that other half because an interest in Hollyoaks can never be a good thing.

Secondly the path can be whatever you like. You just need to make sure that it's on external storage and whatever oath time shift is pointing at is valid.

was just going to re initialise but wont let me unless i unmount
but wont let me unmount as is in use (somehow)

ok popped out into pc, reformatted, popped back in and initialised again.
now just resetting mount/epg/record/timeshift again

was mounting in vix to /media/usb
now trying mount to media/HDD

YES. that was the problem. when mounting in vix i was trying to change mount path instead it needs to be /media/HDD
if you dont see the HDD bit go left or right to change
J'ayzuz that took a while

Last edited:
it did tell you a few posts ago to use media/hdd anthing more than 8 gig. dont forget to create your swap file otherwise your box may lock up when updating epg.

it did tell you a few posts ago to use media/hdd anthing more than 8 gig. dont forget to create your swap file otherwise your box may lock up when updating epg.

i know. i mish the little things all the time. just realising this is like working with an os rather than something with a basic FW lol

im in two minds about the swapfile though

so many people seem to have a 50 50 opinion on which is worse. doing it or not doing it

not that i dont respect your views. just some of the others that have done it said more harm than good. and with MY record!! lol

Last edited:
if you dont you will more than likley lock up your sat box eventually and you will have to do a total fresh install.

Ok swap file created.

When watching a hdtv avi, downloaded and sent to movie folder on ibox using ftp and playing in plugin 'media scanner', it glitchs then freezes then bluescreens all in about 2 seconds and then plays on.
But happens every 2 mins so unwatchable.
So tried setting up vlc and cant get path right.
Could any1 post the settings if theyre using vlc please. I can find for using ip address and pc but not ibox and connected to hdd. Thanks

Last edited:
Back