Skybox f3 set up guide tutorial

Any links (via pm please) I will create a new thread to share with members like I suggested the other day.
Cheers
Wheelo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i just got one of these bad boys it seems that i need to download a ccams file or something anyone able to point me in the right direction??? thanks in advance

does the new firmware give access to network settings

---------- Post Merged at 10:23 PM ----------

can you pm me a link please thanks

Hi, could someone help me? I have an F3 box that is saying scrambled, however the sea lion is working on another f3 box. Tried resetting, flashing and then adding the sea lion again, still scrambled!
Would it be the network work card mac address and would testing a wirless dongle be any use?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, could someone help me? I have an F3 box that is saying scrambled, however the sea lion is working on another f3 box. Tried resetting, flashing and then adding the sea lion again, still scrambled!
Would it be the network work card mac address and would testing a wirless dongle be any use?
Thanks in advance.

Does the You Tube app load up the clip titles (even though it may not play them)?

Is DHCP set to ON?

Does the line have a tick next to it & show as ONLINE?

Thanks in advance.

Does the You Tube app load up the clip titles (even though it may not play them)?

Is DHCP set to ON?

Does the line have a tick next to it & show as ONLINE?

Hi, yeah the DHCP is on and I can see them titles in the YouTube app but it constantly says loading. I am using Mgcamd and there is no green tick beside it though.
I have tested the line on another f3 and all is working, same config as ive mentioned above. Not sure where to go from here, waiting now to test a wireless dongle to rule out the NIC.
Any ideas?

Hi, yeah the DHCP is on and I can see them titles in the YouTube app but it constantly says loading. I am using Mgcamd and there is no green tick beside it though.
I have tested the line on another f3 and all is working, same config as ive mentioned above. Not sure where to go from here, waiting now to test a wireless dongle to rule out the NIC.
Any ideas?

Unlike CCcam, MGcam doesn't tell you when it's online unfortunately.

However, if you can at least get the titles of You Tube clips to appear, then it's connecting to the internet. My F3 doesn't play them either.

If DHCP is working correctly, them I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's not working on you box, but works OK on another.

Did you put it in MGcam in the other box as well (as N lines can go in CCcam as well). Did you remove or disable any previous lines that may have been on the box?

Hi, not sure how to put the N line into CCcam?
If I go in under network and do the 6666 craic, when I choose c line it dosent see the txt file on the thumb drive.

Hi, not sure how to put the N line into CCcam?
If I go in under network and do the 6666 craic, when I choose c line it dosent see the txt file on the thumb drive.

Have a look at the text file I have attached.

If your current line starts with CWS = , then change it to N:

Attachments

• How to enter cline.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hi, Thank you very much for your set up guide tutorial. However, my problem is that i have acquired F5 SkyBox from a friend who has immigrated abroad. Can only view 'Free To-Air' channels. Looking to find out how to subscribe to Sky Sport, film channels, discovery etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, many thanks for the informative tutorial!
I have bought a couple of f3s boxes from dcreceivers also.
Looking forward to playing with them now.

Cheers,

Chainsaw

Hi, I have acquired a skybox F5 from a friend. This only gives me a Free View Channels. Would it require a Top-up. I have read all the threads and they mentions CCcam.config file to input. How do i obtain this. Any advice.

I've found a list of cccam servers which are 'free'. They all check out as being on-line when I check them using testious, but despite that they show up as being active in the cccam management screen and have a green tick next to them the message in the box which flashes between the message 'On Line' and 'Login' none of the channels work. How do I add free cccam servers? Skybox f5s. Thanks.

Back