Syncler

I’ll still stick with Stremio for the family because they don’t care about 4K HDR content and the like. But for me, I’ll be using this. I had a dabble in this app before and have Trakt lists etc already so I’m ready to go really!
You van get pretty evrey movie in 4k on streamio obviously not free.

Not used syncler In a while if you use premium links you will always get the best quality.

You will need the Syncler installer installed and there is toggle for beta.
It should be the 53mb file.
Also go into settings and scroll to the bottom and make sure it’s 2.0.10
Install Syncler using installer
Thanks I’m going to have a look in abit, hopefully I can figure it out. When I did a search last night it didn’t work it said I had no package provider provider, so I added that Jackedup like you suggest earlier in the thread but I still didn’t work lll have another look in abit and see if I can get it working.

Thanks I’m going to have a look in abit, hopefully I can figure it out. When I did a search last night it didn’t work it said I had no package provider provider, so I added that Jackedup like you suggest earlier in the thread but I still didn’t work lll have another look in abit and see if I can get it working.
Do you have an RD account and have you logged in to it in settings account management on Syncler?
Also the beta version doesn’t use Express packages.
It uses Vendor manifest so you may have the wrong version.
You need to go into settings and scroll to the bottom and check which version you have.
2.0.0.10 is Beta.
1.3.7.1 is Stable

Last edited:
Yes purchased and linked real-debrid but no results just complained about having no provider package, I’ll sort the version out and see what’s going on from there thanks, might call on your help once again at some point cheers.

Yes purchased and linked real-debrid but no results just complained about having no provider package, I’ll sort the version out and see what’s going on from there thanks, might call on your help once again at some point cheers.
Did you download the installer and did it have beta mode on the user interface?
Express packages are for the stable version

Last edited:
It’s all installed and setup now. Works brilliantly, in comparison to stremio I can now agree Syncler is miles better, and to be honest it appears that Syncler can handle the larger 4k files including some of the REMUX files, stremio couldn’t for me.

I have jacked up installed, RB and trakt. I noticed the large REMUX 4K struggle when using my Nord VPN, but when off it fine.

It’s all installed and setup now. Works brilliantly, in comparison to stremio I can now agree Syncler is miles better, and to be honest it appears that Syncler can handle the larger 4k files including some of the REMUX files, stremio couldn’t for me.

I have jacked up installed, RB and trakt. I noticed the large REMUX 4K struggle when using my Nord VPN, but when off it fine.
Glad you got it all sorted.
Tbh honest I haven’t used a vpn with it in all the years I have used it.
It’s your personal choice at the end of the day, though.

Last edited:
Glad you got it all sorted.
Tbh honest I haven’t used a vpn with in all the years I have used it.
It’s your personal choice at the end of the day, though.
I have the VPN terminated on router then route certain devices down the VPN tunnel, so I might just have to figure something else out for that, but otherwise no complaints.

I have the VPN terminated on router then route certain devices down the VPN tunnel, so I might just have to figure something else out for that, but otherwise no complaints.
Did you create your own vendor black list or did you just use mine with all the anime removed?

Last edited:
I had time on my hands yesterday and decided to try out Syncler + on my Formuler box. It is a bit of a faff to setup, especially when you don't really know what you are doing. I used your tinyurl link @Aristotle - so big thank you for this. Here's my initial thoughts....
Pros
  • A LOT more search results with many options for quality, very impressive
  • It's rare to find things not on Stremio, but I can find them through Syncler
  • Interface is cleaner on Android TV than Stremio
  • A lot of configuration options for searches and how the app displays
Cons
  • Bit of a faff to setup and configure for a start
  • Using the Beta I've noticed some bugs. I added a series to watch list, but now can't remove it. Got about 9 thumbnails of same series on "Up Next"
  • No app for laptop/desktop. I love the fact I can use Stremio on my laptop and Formuler box
  • Not great documentation or online guides to help figure things out.
I've paid for a year subscription of Syncler, so I'll keep using it and see how I get on. I'm going to setup a few family members on Stremio with RD account. I think the interface and usability are very good, nothing too complicated once it's up and running. Like @Aristotle I'm a bit of a stickler for quality and I do love the higher bitrate and audio options through Syncler.

One thing I can't figure out is the difference between the stable and beta versions. I realise you can run them side by side. When I installed the stable option, I couldn't find a way to add the JackedUp Provider. Do you know how often the stable version gets updated? Should you be able to add providers to stable version, if so, how?

@thebesh It is a good once it’s setup but I have done it so many times over the years I find it a doddle.
There are bugs in beta version so it’s not the finished article.
If you have a trakt account it’s better to use it that way.
This how I use the features of Trakt in Syncler.
You will need to login to your Trakt account in Syncler accounts
So when you find content you want to watch don’t click Add to watching as this will appear in Up Next.
Click on Manage title then click on add to watchlist and if you want, you can also add it to collection.
So now when you start watching content from your watchlist or collection.
This will appear in up next and will stay there until you have completed the movie or finished watching all the seasons in a TV show.
Also, when a new season or episode is aired, it will reappear in Up Next.
If you want to clear all the icons from your Up Next list go to settings apps data management scroll down and click on clear watching list.
This will not affect what you’ve added to your trakt watchlist or collection.
The stable version has not been updated for nearly a year and I think it will be replaced with this beta version eventually.
The beta version is quicker at scraping and it has some added features and also has P2P Torrenting.
It also uses a different system for adding providers using a vendor manifest URL.
To add an Express package to the Stable version only, follow this process.
Click on Settings scroll to provider packages.
Click provider packages.
Scroll to install click Express.
Input the code you are given on this link.
Package installer | Syncler
Then on the next page input
this url.
You cannot shorten this URL like you can with the Vendor URL unfortunately.
https://syncler-providers.herokuapp...nyaa2,animetosho,anidex,torlock2,nayaa,yohoho

This link blacklists all anime providers.

Try the different versions and see the difference for yourself.
I am keeping them both for now.
I mainly use the beta version.
If you need any help with any other settings, just let me know. I know them all lol

Last edited:
@thebesh
I forgot to mention about documentation guides about setting Syncler.
There are some for the stable version and there used to be some great videos on YouTube about setting up and all the different settings and what they did but they are no longer there now.

I can't thank you enough for all your help with this @Aristotle emoji_clap

The setting to clear the "Up Next" list worked a treat. I'm going to get an account for Trakt for my own collections. Got the stable version running alongside the beta. As you and others have mentioned, the beta is better. I suspect the YouTube tutorial videos have gone down as the link between this app and pirated content is strong. I guess this is why Syncler can only be purchased directly with Crypto. I don't blame them one bit.

Stremio + Syncler with Real-Debrid has been a game changer for me. I was always downloading torrents and stored a huge library on my home server. Like you, I want the best quality and was downloading 80GB movies. I'm now looking to ditch my server for another mini PC (Beelink EQ12) and run my docker container services on it. Without the need for mass storage, I don't need a big case (that hides behind my TV)

Slightly off topic - I know you have an LG OLED and so do I. When I look at the top hit for Fallout Ep1 I can see it's H265, Dolby Vision and Dolby Plus. When I play it the clarity of the picture is incredible, however there is something not quite right with motion, i,e when someone moves or starts talking. It feels like it's been ever so slightly sped up. I'm not sure how or why? HDR looks good and has no motion issues, but just isn't quite as sharp as Dolby Vision. Any ideas why? Does it appear the same for you?

@thebesh
I’m glad I could help and you are most welcome 🙏
Yes I have been using Trakt for years now and it’s even with Kodi back in day.

Yes you are probably right about the videos and the reasons why they were taken down.
There was one video on YouTube. It was about 40 minutes long and the guy explained every setting within Syncler.
It was really good.
You can buy Syncler from third-party sellers, but they add a fee on top.

Yes, I used to store movies back in the day and my brother used to rip them and sell them. He had suitcases full of DVDs lol.
It was full time job as that’s all he did lol.

Yes I have just tried the episode and link you mentioned (see first pic)and seems it has been ripped with DV.HDR10plus which LG support DV so it would be played in that format.
But it also has AI enhanced which I’ve never seen before and does not play correctly for me either with the same issues that you stated.
The image looks like a computer game at times.
This may have something to do with it not playing correctly.
I tried a link further down (see second pic)and it played in Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos 5.1 perfectly.

IMG_3454.jpegIMG_3455.jpeg

Thanks man. Really appreciate the time and effort you put into helping.

Re: Fallout episode. I wondered if I was missing something. I tried changing some TV settings, but couldn't get rid of the bad motion feel. Since you see it as well I think it's the encoding that was used. Tested the 2nd video and it's black screen with audio. Feels like missing codec? I'm not overly concerned if I'm honest. Plenty of other options (y)

@thebesh You’re welcome.
My Mrs is away at the moment on holiday with friends and I’m dog sitting so not a lot doing really.
But I would help anyway, but it might take me a bit longer to reply in normal circumstances.

You probably already know, but anything you watch in Syncler with RD links and probably the with other VOD apps using RD is that it’s all stored in your download history on your RD account and you can download direct from the RD servers way quicker than using a torrent client.
Handy to I suppose.

Back