The Latest And Easiest Wii Softmod Yet - letterbomb included (Jan 2012)

Hi, Is there or will there be an update to the instructions in the st post. The instructions are very helpful but there are instances were some steps are missing, which would explain the process a bit better. I've been managing more so through trial and error and referring her pages to work out what the actual steps are.

In any case, thanks for instructions and hope to get a modded wii up and running by the end of the day.

Cheers

If you have some problem, post the details, I didn't know something is missing, if you tell me what it is, I will update the first post mate(y)

New to the forum and a N00b with Wii Hacking. I have looked and only See v4.2 in my wii. I do know that I made a mistake when buying the unit and got a newer unit (Without GameCube Ports?). Will this work for me also? I am not complety stupid have modded an xbox and PS3. Thanks to all in advance!

The softmod described in the first post will work with all Wii's, give it a bash, if you need any help, just holler(y)

You have to softmod your Wii before you can play Gamecube backups, so while it is not specifically for that, it is a starting point. if you follow this tutorial, then add neogamma to your wii, you should be on.

While I think of it, your Wii must have the older type of drive to be backup compatible.. the black Wii, the red Wii are not capable of playing backup discs. if, however your wii is more than a couple of years old, you should be okay.

Hello,

My Name is Alex and I am from Holland.

I am trying to go to the page for Letterbomb but it doesn't exist any more??

Where can I go and what must I do??

Greetz Alex.

There is some kind of problem with the hackmii site, just keep trying they are probably just doing some updating on the site.
not that I can remember anyway, there is no other site to get it from as they are all individual Mac address specific.

I would like to do a Wii 4.3 would the guide do that compleatly I would like to play games from a USB stick would that be possible with that guide thanks

yes roy it is for all Wii's, but for 4.3, you will have to wait for the letterbomb site to come back up after repair

Sorry, the site is back up and running, so .-.-.-.-.-.->YES it is

@ roysrolls

What base cios are you using? as someone posted earlier it would probably be a good idea to get your self set up with a Hard Drive install one of the USB loaders, you are then able to choose the IOS or Cios to play games that dont start straight off

E.g
249 base 56
250 base 57
222 etc etc

@ roysrolls

What base cios are you using? as someone posted earlier it would probably be a good idea to get your self set up with a Hard Drive install one of the USB loaders, you are then able to choose the IOS or Cios to play games that dont start straight off

E.g
249 base 56
250 base 57
222 etc etc

He would like to do a Wii with 4.3, it isn't done yet

thanks guys thats fine so when I have a go at this 4.3 Wii could I put a USB programm in the softmode to be able to play games off the USB stick ,I didnt quite understand what you guys said thanks

I tried 3 2G SD card and none of them work. I copied the contain of pack 1 into the SD root directory. I saw the "loading of SD", but it won't do anything after that. I even used one of the SD from my other mod wii, and it is the same thing. I tried to download the mod folder again, but same result.
What am I doing wrong. My wii is 4.2U, just got from craiglist.

Back