think tuner issue

I think WB uses AutoBouquetsE2 (E2) rather than AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM), I prefer ABM as you have more settings options (think E2 is better IF you want channel numberings to be the same as Sly)

Last edited:
WB uses abm for cable as abe2 is sat only I beleive.

OP, don't worry about the signal, if there is no picture it will show no signal even if there is a signal but netid or something else is astray.

Try going Menu -> setup -> service Searching -> Tuner Configuration -> Tuner B and set the NetID in there and then press green button to save. Now select Tuner C and set netID in there and green button to save. Now press exit button once and select autoscan. It will take a while but it should scan both tuners B & C and if one or other is faulty it normally throws a fatal error.

For me just lately ABM has been throwing up a fatal error even if there is no problem with the tuners.
If I disable tuner C > scan with ABM > then re-enable tuner C it all works.

As grog68 said, until you have a picture showing on the screen, you will not get a signal level.

Have you changed anything on the box at all - any settings or anything or anyone in the house who may have?
Maybe V*rgin are doing some work in the area?
Do you have any V*rgin services (legit) like internet? ... if not, it's possible they may have unplugged you at the cab (unlikely but possible).

wasnt a fix was tuner so i got a new box as i tryed everthing gave up and ordered new box as old one just one boot and see my other post need help

Back