This is doing my head in!!

Jodav I have turned the modem/router off at the socket switch, flicked through channels still freezing using both remotes, no problem if I manually do it on the kv box, I'll do what you said previously a update scan or full rescan, surely someone must have had this problem before.......we could do with getting others involved here, I'll let you know how it goes, got to go to work, thanks mate

Jodav/Lac, just to further explain when I try to change channels or volume using remote up & down or volume or any other button they is no immediate response, does not change channels or volume immediately, it just stays on existing channel, then several seconds 5 to 10 later it will change, what I have noticed so far is when the lights start to flash on the modem then you can change channel using the remote, but if the lights are solid and not flashing it won't change channel it just freezes in other words although I am pushing the button to change channel nothing is happening, the batteries are new "duracell" and been tested also tried with a spare fully working remote control and still same outcome, turned off both modem and box 30 seconds no joy, I will try what you suggested Jodav and get back to you tomorrow ...............Lac BOX IS A 780 not sure what you mean "using a cell phone, point it at the I/R on remote, press any button I/R should light up" can you explain tried 4 phones and 2 remotes & new batteries none of us can work that out.

hi, this might help.... How to Test TV Remote Control with cell phone camera - YouTube

If you have two remotes and have the same problem with both I would guess the problem is either with the infra red receiver on the box or the board that it is attached to. U might want to take the top off and check for loose connections or bad solder joints tho I'm not sure how its laid out under there.

As you can change channels normally using the buttons on the box id say that's ur best bet.

Hurrrey!! SOLVED thanks again to all for your input, bought so called brand new batteries for Wilkinson's " duracell" and guess what they were dude, Eileen did what you suggested on the link, turned out to be the batteries even though they showed good/full power on the battery tester, once again take my hat off to you all what a great site, BEST ON THE NET, thanks again lads & Eileen

Healm...Duracells from wilkinsons are about as genuine as a sv subscription..(sorry mods that was a low blow but still laughable) but our eileen put you straight with remote/camera phone check..good girl..(I taught her well..!!)... but i have to thank lac for that old chestnut of remote/camera phone thingy but glad you got sorted..

A780 Clinching/Scrambled, Hi Lads & lady's they also offer accurate info, good on yeh girls, live in Leeds for my sins, just lately loads of clinching, "picture changing size" & then scrambled sometimes for hours, I have no filters on cables, had to do a complete scan, as it would not do a SW Chorus update, scanned the forum but no real solution, just as a matter of interest anyone tried using an area outside they place of residence for example "live in Leeds use Manchester area to download channels" just a thought any sensible ideas let us know

A few channels are playing up folks possibly server issues but I am sure Mr and Mrs kV are on the case. !! But its still free so go with the flow folks and DONT re scan or reboot everything...just change channel..! Haha. It will sort itself out.

Ar well if the VIP's are having same issues and they can't sort it, I guess we are stuck with it, but while I'm on...here's another query, these modems do they come in different strengths/output and if so would that help with clinching etc

doubt it,but read on other forum someone found at the brown box an attenuator and removed it and things improved,no idea if true or not.

Well I have been watching my kV from midday and not a single scram no video and checked my vermin box outside and no attenuator present... Old school cable and wireless for you..!! Channels have been fine all week as informed by all owners of a Ted special..!!

REMOTE NOT WORKING, Hi Lads, I said a coupe of weeks ago about the remotes not working kv780 box, when I changed the batteries at that time it worked, thing is it's doing it again before I go on, new duracell batteries installed again tested on battery charger to make sure they are good and tried with both genuine remotes that came with boxes, turned box off, unplugged left for 5 minutes still no joy I can change channel manually, had to do a complete rescan, after factory reset, could not do update doesn't update just dose nothing, when I put remote against the box they both work but couple of inches away from box and not a sausage/nothing anyway ...after full rescan both remotes work, anybody else experience this, next time I'll test the other box see if that working ok

open your box and make sure the remote eye is facing the front panel...
it may have moved....check for any other remotes buttons pressed,any wireless devices in room also.
might also check all ribbons are secure inside box when unplugged.

Healm did you do the camera phone/led check with your new batteries in remote control..? Ted PS is your remote the "evolution" type..black one as that's the one I always get and have never had a problem with them..!

Last edited:
Hi Lads, as I say it's working at the moment but I expect it to go again, I have done the led phone trick everything ok, remotes are evolution, next time I'll open the box pardon the punt, and check the infra red led etc., however if it was that, I would have thought it would do it all the time, I'll be back when it starts again with further info and what I've tried, I'll keep checking here maybe someone else has experienced it, thanks again

We shall wait to hear from you Healm..lol..PS best batteries to get are Duracell from Argos... And they are cheap..sorry admin but its only for "educational" advertising..(if there is such a thing..haha)

Back