This is doing my head in!!

Hi Lads which Adapter kit do you recommend for the kryptview 780, say from maplins, can you tell us the model, thanks

Hi Ted, what it is mate is I have the hub and 780 box in the lounge, but I'm putting a box in the conservatory I have the virgin cable coming from the 2 way adaptor leading to the conservatory but not usb wiring

I thought I will need to plug one adaptor into the wall near the hub and connect usb cable from hub to adaptor, & plug other adaptor into conservatory socket

Adaptor means homplug i take it healm.. if yes then that is correct... my neighbour has similar set up ..his vermin feed is split into living room and conservatory and then two ethernets out of router and he watches 2 different channels no problem.

glitching and picture freezing

bt sport 1 and 2 and sly sports 2 even the the basic channels are affected any solutions checked and replaced cables still the same anyone else having issues

Hi Lads I'm just trying to flash the second kv780 box, flashed 1st one 2 months ago, winzip expired won't let me use the evaluation version not highlighted, wants me to use the buy now version how do I get round it

Hi cactikid done that mate downloaded WinRAR still having trouble trying to get bin file into loader, can I flash this new box by using the other one "flash to flash" one box from another fully working box if so how do I do it

You can flash the box with another box as long as you have a genuine null modem cable..Menu..Install.. data transfer..just remember to power off then on the new box before you hit start..and the download bar will start...Do both of them.. cant remember them off by heart..! Ted

download file and downloader to desktop,run downloader and when asked for file browse for the firmware and make sure its not encrypted,extract first if needed then click on file to load it into the loader ready for downloading.

Hi Lads, anyone having trouble with the remote when changing channels it' so laboured/slow "I told our lass to get up and sit by the side of the telly so she can change channel on the box when I ask, she told me to f*** off, I don't understand women" tried turning modem and box off for 30 seconds no difference, batteries in remote are new, I have 2 remotes both same issue, looked on the forum but no info, thanks

Sorry healm Ive never come across channels changing over slowly. They should be very fast. Just to let you know that I either select "OK" and select channel I want, select epg and select my channel, or select a category like sport and scroll down to channel and press OK. Either way they are all fast and so i would be interested in whatever you do to resolve the problem if you do resolve it.

The only thing I can suggest is a factory reset and rescan or try moving your box to another location from where it is as far as you can, even just a foot or so (just for problem solving purposes) to see if any glass etc is aiding the problem and that you have a clear line of sight from remote to box..

jodav :)

Because the batteries are new that don't mean they are good, were the same batteries use in each remote, using a cell phone, point it at the I/R on remote, press any button I/R should light up.

Which KV box.?

Jodav/Lac, just to further explain when I try to change channels or volume using remote up & down or volume or any other button they is no immediate response, does not change channels or volume immediately, it just stays on existing channel, then several seconds 5 to 10 later it will change, what I have noticed so far is when the lights start to flash on the modem then you can change channel using the remote, but if the lights are solid and not flashing it won't change channel it just freezes in other words although I am pushing the button to change channel nothing is happening, the batteries are new "duracell" and been tested also tried with a spare fully working remote control and still same outcome, turned off both modem and box 30 seconds no joy, I will try what you suggested Jodav and get back to you tomorrow ...............Lac BOX IS A 780 not sure what you mean "using a cell phone, point it at the I/R on remote, press any button I/R should light up" can you explain tried 4 phones and 2 remotes & new batteries none of us can work that out.

Last edited:
One other thing after reading your last post healm, again just for problem solving purposes (is the router somehow interfering). See what happens when you power off your modem\router ie do the channels then switch over fast.

jodav :)

Back