Update on E2iPlayer

My problem is specifically him rubbing it in that certain things are fixed on the private version.......I completely understand his reasoning behind making it private and he is entitled to do whatever he wants with his own work.......but he clearly takes pleasure in telling people that the private version is good and we can't have it. That would make sense if it was directed specifically at those who gave him abuse but it's not.....
If people as saying something isn't working then why wouldn't he say it is in the private version, people have given him grief for no reasonable reason and wound him up then too right it's payback to let them know what they are losing out on.

Have you never used some free software which needs registering and then got emails saying 'this does that on the pro version', what's the difference?

If people as saying something isn't working then why wouldn't he say it is in the private version, people have given him grief for no reasonable reason and wound him up then too right it's payback to let them know what they are losing out on.

Have you never used some free software which needs registering and then got emails saying 'this does that on the pro version', what's the difference?

Getting the pro version would actually be an option if I wanted it so they wouldn't be purposely teasing you with something you can't have?

And this is exactly why he got pissed off and stopped doing public updates. People are never happy with what they get for free.

I cannot imagine how many hours, weeks, months and years of work samsamsam has put in to making E2iPlayer the best there is and given it away for free yet you are still here bleating that the free version you have isn't working or isn't the same as his private version.

I understand that you don't like the fact that he is letting you know something is working in the private version but the solution is don't go and read his updates. I personally have no idea what is working and isn't working as I take it at face value. What I install on the box is what is available and no amount of reading his updates is going to change that. Accept that what we have we have and don't go and seek out what is working the private version.

Last edited:
The version what he have now is still as good as it was before samsam stopped and made it private for a reason which @wooshman or @grog68 or @Willo3092 or dsyers could do same if they was getting abuse upon abuse just cause they all had a little time out like samsam did but people that complain and Moan go buy a plex server see how long it lasts (forgot that's spending money) people want everything for free now days me personally happy with what's available how many people use all the apps on e2iplayer I certainly don't @ltd1991 he's not teasing people he's basically saying you want to give abuse I will stop you getting regular updates which just think people put hours and hours of time and effort for us all just for big :emoji_middle_finger: anyone would do the same

Last edited:
Users can create pull request to update links then the plugin will update. That's why we are still getting updates via software updates rarther than updates via the plugin .

That's exactly what Ltd1991 did and got told that it's been fixed.
When asked for clarification he was told it was fixed in the private version.
Bit of a silly reply by Sam.

The guy works tirelessly for giving something for free. No disrespect to anyone but he's probably had the best plugin ever.
But like ltd1991 said (and I do agree).. sometimes his attitude stinks.

One lady on the requests nearly got banned by him for not starting her post with an "hello".
She was very polite apart from that.
Very silly.

And this is exactly why he got pissed off and stopped doing public updates. People are never happy with what they get for free.

I cannot imagine how many hours, weeks, months and years of work samsamsam has put in to making E2iPlayer the best there is and given it away for free yet you are still here bleating that the free version you have isn't working or isn't the same as his private version.

I understand that you don't like the fact that he is letting you know something is working in the private version but the solution is don't go and read his updates. I personally have no idea what is working and isn't working as I take it at face value. What I install on the box is what is available and no amount of reading his updates is going to change that. Accept that what we have we have and don't go and seek out what is working the private version.

You've assumed a hell of a lot in that post. I'm just a casual user that was wondering why it had stopped working and if it was going to be fixed, I'm not someone who constantly reads about this stuff, I was only made aware of it in an email with him and his last email was 'this is fixed in the private version'.

You've assumed a hell of a lot in that post. I'm just a casual user that was wondering why it had stopped working and if it was going to be fixed, I'm not someone who constantly reads about this stuff, I was only made aware of it in an email with him and his last email was 'this is fixed in the private version'.
Yeah it is fixed for family and close friends but if you read through the forum it was all explained clearly why he has done what he has done come on would supply people something if they was moaning and giving abuse just because didn't have access to a box or computer whilst on holiday do a bit of research and reading there's no point emailing him a certain member of this forum has shown him all the support messages and the thanks we gave him off the forum and hasn't made a difference

Yeah it is fixed for family and close friends but if you read through the forum it was all explained clearly why he has done what he has done come on would supply people something if they was moaning and giving abuse just because didn't have access to a box or computer whilst on holiday do a bit of research and reading there's no point emailing him a certain member of this forum has shown him all the support messages and the thanks we gave him off the forum and hasn't made a difference

I would carry on providing it for the people that do appreciate it yes, especially after seeing all the support messages and thanks off this forum like you just mentioned. I wouldn't let the minority spoil it for everyone else.

It's best we leave it there, I'm getting the impression that people here wouldn't dare say a bad word against him at the chance he will change his mind again.

I would carry on providing it for the people that do appreciate it yes, especially after seeing all the support messages and thanks off this forum like you just mentioned. I wouldn't let the minority spoil it for everyone else.

It's best we leave it there, I'm getting the impression that people here wouldn't dare say a bad word against him at the chance he will change his mind again.
We appriciate the good things given to us that's why we don't say a bad word and yeah pretty much all of us hopes he changes his mind but whilst still updating tv series ect still all good even if he decided to stop the app completely still would have enjoyed whilst it lasted

We appriciate the good things given to us that's why we don't say a bad word and yeah pretty much all of us hopes he changes his mind but whilst still updating tv series ect still all good even if he decided to stop the app completely still would have enjoyed whilst it lasted

I appreciate it, I even told him when I spoke to him and worded it all as politely as possible

You say that as if I dont appreciate what hes already done. What I dont appreciate is him being rude to people who have been nothing but appreciative and polite to him. That's the last I'm saying on it. Appreciate what he has done but hes handled it all horribly.

What I dont appreciate is him being rude to people who have been nothing but appreciative and polite to him. That's the last I'm saying on it. Appreciate what he has done but hes handled it all horribly.
What might have happened is everyone wants to be his mate now and give him praise and thanks, the downside to this is that it is too little too late. I doubt the thanks and praise he got prior to making it private is anywhere near what he is getting now.

What might have happened is everyone wants to be his mate now and give him praise and thanks, the downside to this is that it is too little too late. I doubt the thanks and praise he got prior to making it private is anywhere near what he is getting now.

That's true I'll agree with you there, I know personally I just bought the box and the plug in was already on it and always used to update easily so I never had a reason to look into it more until recently

That's true I'll agree with you there, I know personally I just bought the box and the plug in was already on it and always used to update easily so I never had a reason to look into it more until recently
Just make the best of it as it is then, as there are still lots working on it, hopefully it stays that way for a while yet as the only real other alternative to it is TS Media, which works ok but its just not quite as good as E2i player.

If doing a software update then backup your box first as it sometimes causes issues, if you just want to update e2iplayer then you can Menu -> Setup -> Software Management -> Advanced -> IPK Manager -> enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer
On my box H52TC ATV it is Menu -> Setup -> Software Management -> Advanced -> packet Manager -> enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer

Is there anyone on here that would be willing to work on it and fix it? I'd try myself for the watchwrestlinguno but wouldn't have a clue what I was doing, I've noticed that SSS has said other people are free to work on it.

There is a couple of people looking into it not saying names but they are supposed to be working on it as samsam said they can

Back