USB Cam Importer Missing

you are getting confused

ATV is 6.1, wooshbuild is 7.2 but wooshbuild 7.2 is built on ATV 6.1

BUT ATV release software updates daily, and if you're unlucky a software update can cause the box to boot loop, this is the same whatever you put on.

Best bet, either flash with WB 7 and leave as is 'if it aint broke don't fix', OR keep the ATV you have flashed and build your setup from scratch.

Remember, flashing your box wipes everything on the box (not your usb) of any you had on the box previously

Dam thanks @grog68 just realised that haha I thought I was on the latest build which I am. @Spiderwal Have you tried pressing 'Menu' on the remote and then selecting plugins and then wb config? Cam importer will be in there.

I’m all sorted now guys, I reflashed both boxes with wb7 so I have everything back that I was expecting to see, and won’t be doing the ATV update again

You can try doing software updates while you are flashing boxes, worst that will happen is the box won't boot after the restart and you have to flash the box again. This is actually quite rare though, but up to you.

Just did the "Nightly" updates there, and they are fine.
@Spiderwal , you will probably see a warning when you go to update, (blue/Software Manger/Software Update/ OK) as there will, most likely be loads, but as @wooshman said is is generally (99%) safe to update as long as the traffic light (feed status) is on green.

This thread started with the problem of usb cam importer not appearing in wooshbuild infinity and somehow got on about wbconfig. I have just installed infinity on my zgemm a h2s and I agree that wbconfig is there but I can't find the usb cam importer either pre installed or among the uninstalled. The reason I want the plugin is because I couldn't get the line working with a ftp to the box.

This thread started with the problem of usb cam importer not appearing in wooshbuild infinity and somehow got on about wbconfig. I have just installed infinity on my zgemm a h2s and I agree that wbconfig is there but I can't find the usb cam importer either pre installed or among the uninstalled. The reason I want the plugin is because I couldn't get the line working with a ftp to the box.

If you got the box preloaded, there's a possibility the person you bought it from has password protected it, i've seen this before.
You can't FTP into it without a password, usb cam importer isn't available and dreamexplorer won't work neither, in short, they've made it so only they can add a line to the box, it's holding you to ransom and the only way forward is to flash a new build to the box.
If indeed you have put infinity over a new install of openatv6.2, you shouldn't have these problems but i'm not sure you have infinity installed otherwise there would be numerous ways of adding the line. What happens when you try to use filezilla?

The box wasn't preloaded. I installed Openatv 6.2 and infinity myself but was a bit unsure about how to install the the CCcam file I got from eBay (don't laugh). The line starts N: so I wasn't sure which group to FTP to and should I edit the N: to CWS =. By the way there is no newcamd.list file. Can you help with an idiot's guide? If I can be sure the line is wrong rather than my installation I can get back to the supplier.

if it begins with N it goes into CCcam.cfg, not newcamd.list, using wooshbuild, both these files should be in usr/keys folder
then you restart the CCcam 2.3.0 softcam in softcam panel

USB Cam Importer is found in WB Config, second option down.
Hi tried importing Cam this way but still doesnt work, and when i look for softcam menu to restart cam the menu isnt there. Ive tried installing softcam ipk from resource but it does install package. any suggestions please or a point in the right way would be helpful. Cheers

Can you use FTP to transfer the files until the problem is resolved?
I tried this by copying files from the keys folder from my "working" h2s to the h5 im trying to sort out but this didnt work. plus there was still no softcam menu to Restart Cam

I tried this by copying files from the keys folder from my "working" h2s to the h5 im trying to sort out but this didnt work. plus there was still no softcam menu to Restart Cam
If you go to recourses you can download the softcam ipk and install via USB open atv are messing with things

Can anyone help me put line back on my zgemma after reflash? Got FileZilla and can use USB but clueless really and so struggling. Also got teamviewer

what have you flashed to the box?
does your line begin with C: N: or CWS = don't post lines here! - just the prefix

is it for cable or sat or both?

Back