V8 Golden-----onwards from the V8 PRO

I now have four V8 Golden's out with my family and I have received nothing but positive feedback from them all. The box is well constructed and has been well designed, all the functions work well and the processor is a treat, you can flit through the menu's with consummate ease and rarely freezes. I have had a problem's with Biss codes and the Intelsat 907 (Spain) but the manufacturer is always available and very amenable when asked, hopefully we can rectify the problem soon.

Meanwhile I have also spent many an hour on Skype with the reaper picking his brains, even though I had previously bought my boxes elsewhere. however right now - if asked what Box for the UK then its the V8 and the reaper the supplier they make a reliable and good combination..

I now have four V8 Golden's out with my family and I have received nothing but positive feedback from them all. The box is well constructed and has been well designed, all the functions work well and the processor is a treat, you can flit through the menu's with consummate ease and rarely freezes. I have had a problem's with Biss codes and the Intelsat 907 (Spain) but the manufacturer is always available and very amenable when asked, hopefully we can rectify the problem soon.

Meanwhile I have also spent many an hour on Skype with the reaper picking his brains, even though I had previously bought my boxes elsewhere. however right now - if asked what Box for the UK then its the V8 and the reaper the supplier they make a reliable and good combination..
Nice posting,Only one good thing if they could get the channel list like the V8 openbox would be a big plus

Just wondering if anyone has a better channel editor than the one currently in use (DB Editor 2.20.2.0) ... It isn't very user friendly - it would be much better if there were columns on the screen with all the channels then you could drag and drop into the order you want it at... also in favourites, you cannot change channel order. Maybe i'm asking for too much - I find the V8 Golden is an exceptional box for the price tag but certain things let it down.

Also I was wondering, if after doing all this work, I needed to rescan for any reason, will I have to re-do the channel list all over again?

Hiya mate tried replying several times to your message just seen this and thought I could get in touch to see how you are getting on all good I hope and have one of these if any left cheers mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they'd do a multi sat channel list for these boxes... scanning multiple satellites then trying to sort through thousands of channels with that poor excuse of a channel editor is rather annoying :(

A challenge is one thing but spending more time on this setup, especially the amount of days it will take to sort these channel lists out is asking for divorce :grin:

Just got cable running on my V8 Golden last week resendre, and i've found the EPG on cable is a bit of a hit and miss. I found the sat EPG worked better on cable for me and on the style 2 EPG on cable, the future recording works perfectly just by highlighting a programme or movie and pressing the record button. Much better than that timer setting rubbish. Let me know if you get it working better. I'm sticking to sat channels at the moment as the EPG works much better on them.

Reaper do you know if there will be a firmware update for the golden and pro to include web tv so they can be used for iptv

Reaper do you know if there will be a firmware update for the golden and pro to include web tv so they can be used for iptv

Back