V8 Golden-----onwards from the V8 PRO

Download the db editor from the support site, follow the instructions to make your own list.
It's all in the editor tutorial.
Reaper.

The box doesn't recognise a formatted 32GB card. Any ideas or is the size too big. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

All and I mean all boxes irrespective of make seem to prefer certain types aqnd sizes when it comes to usb keys----I keep different types and sizes to use and a kingston 8gb seems to work most times.
Reaper.

Lovely little box, easy set up am using it for cable. Downside is EPGs out of sync, takes time to catch up with the program. You'll need to sort the channel list yourself, which is not a biggie. Overall super box and worth investing in one.

Hi keep getting message encrypted program only on few channels every few minutes. Running VM line on V8 golden receiver. Thanks in advance

All other channels seem OK its only a few like boxnation and few more.

There is EPG and a channel list but its nothing like you'd find on sly boxes, lots of film titles don't have spaces between the words perhaps 20% which is cosmetic but does look awful. Anyway who am I to criticise I've just managed to create a channel list but when I scan the sats it ignores the 11495 V 44100. My list is there for all to see it has the Beep and ITV but it just won't link up. I've entered three biss codes x 2 some with spaces some without - but that doesn't help either. I don't mind persevering its all education but i'm beginning to believe the 44100 symbol
rate is too high for the box

Any suggestions other than buy a better box

Last edited:
V8 Channel list.

There is EPG and a channel list but its nothing like you'd find on sly boxes, lots of film titles don't have spaces between the words perhaps 20% which is cosmetic but does look awful. Anyway who am I to criticise I've just managed to create a channel list for the V8 to include the sly 28 and intelsat 907 but when I scan the sats it ignores the 11495 V 44100. My list is there for all to see it has the Beep and ITV but it just won't link up. I've entered three biss codes x 2 some with spaces some without - but that doesn't help either. I don't mind persevering its all education but i'm beginning to believe the 44100 symbol
rate is too high for the box

Any suggestions other than buy a better box

Hi Trev

Where is you V8 channel list? and what tutorial did you use to put it all together.

I used a modified version of DBEditor, I can't upload it yet cause I'm a rookie on this site - after 5 posts then maybe. I found it on the freesat.cn site after entering DBEditor and found a .rar file. In Properties its version 2.20.2.0 so I have just searched on google and its there DB Editor version 2.20.2.0

Best of luck

---------- Post Merged at 01:19 PM ----------

On Google it says V7 but your given a chance later on for V8

Indeed mosibeth did take me couple of hours to sort them in order.

The reaper would have to confirm but i think im right in saying that you can dump that channel list to usb like the V8 open boxes and use the file on other V8 golden boxes,If so maybe you could upload your list for others to use ;)

Back