vpn recomendation.

dave25

Hi im after a recomendation for a good vpn for streaming. i currently use torgaurd and they seen to be having a few problems with good servers at the moment.
Auy good reliable ones out there please ?(y)(y)(y)

Theres liberty shield as mentioned there's spider vpn can get them both on a router pre configured there's ip vanish hide my ass ghost vpn nord vpn express vpn think there's one called shark have a little search online some have trials digibit is starting to monitor data so I would avoid me and @makido have done a thread on vpn routers mines liberty shield and makido is spider vpn router mate

PIA VPN
(Private Internet Access)

Never had issues with them, good speeds and loads of server locations to pick from. They will “not” log your connection unlike other VPNs. Some crap cheap VPNs will spill your details if they get a request from the gods above. PIA have been proven not to disclose your activity to those people, “even in most serious requests”.
One account will give you 10 connection. So if you buy from them they you can share another 9 connections. Very easy to use, allows P2P has OpenVPN for enigma2 config files and runs perfect on all other devices. Kill switch will protect you from drop outs also. Bit expensive.... but like most things, pay pea-nuts you get monkeys.
PIA worth every penny!

I don't know why so many people are wanting VPN for streaming... A good server will be able to bypass any blocks quickly enough, and VPN only leads to issues with people abusing the server...

I don't know why so many people are wanting VPN for streaming... A good server will be able to bypass any blocks quickly enough, and VPN only leads to issues with people abusing the server...
Alot of people feel more secure behind vpn was same with kodi plus people's isp can block them which providers can protect servers but not customers from their isp that's how I look at it lol

Alot of people feel more secure behind vpn was same with kodi plus people's isp can block them which providers can protect servers but not customers from their isp that's how I look at it lol

Well, since providers can only block access during EPL/CL coverage (which any good service will be able to bypass), then there is no need for a VPN. Services block VPNs to protect their services from people using a VPN that is detrimental to the service... :wink:

I dont need a VPN for streaming to get around block as its never been blocked.
(but i use it anyway)
VPNs are what most people need to use now for the basic right of “privacy”.
Since the snoopers charter bill passed in law there is no other option now but to prevent your ISP from seeing what your doing, as your ISP is required by law to keep your connection logs for 12 months. The internet is not what it was with the ongoing attempt to prevent you from visiting sharing sites and streaming. This is so you can keep the big business going at an expensive of your hard earned cash.
As said..... VPN should be used for all your online activity. Not just IP*V.
A no logging VPN also. For example what is the point of using a VPN on a torrent site then a request could be sent to that VPN supplier to disclose the original leacher on that torrent.

PIA VPN
(Private Internet Access)

Never had issues with them, good speeds and loads of server locations to pick from. They will “not” log your connection unlike other VPNs. Some crap cheap VPNs will spill your details if they get a request from the gods above. PIA have been proven not to disclose your activity to those people, “even in most serious requests”.
One account will give you 10 connection. So if you buy from them they you can share another 9 connections. Very easy to use, allows P2P has OpenVPN for enigma2 config files and runs perfect on all other devices. Kill switch will protect you from drop outs also. Bit expensive.... but like most things, pay pea-nuts you get monkeys.
PIA worth every penny!

I’ll second this. Used P.I.A for quite a number of years now. Never had an issue.

I use digibit on a formuler z7+. Minimal loss of speed, £2 a month and can be used on multiple devices at different locations.

I try not to think too deeply about vpn use, if my provider is having trouble bypassing the blocks from his end I flick the vpn on and continue viewing as normal. That's all I need it to do, and all I need to concern myself with.

Look into pfsense to setup a router. Every device in the house can connect through and there is little drop in connection speed.

I use digibit on a formuler z7+. Minimal loss of speed, £2 a month and can be used on multiple devices at different locations.

I try not to think too deeply about vpn use, if my provider is having trouble bypassing the blocks from his end I flick the vpn on and continue viewing as normal. That's all I need it to do, and all I need to concern myself with.

I too have a formuler z7+ box, was having issues with the boxing this morning - would this have helped?

Back