VPN

I say yes others say no!
I’d compare the speeds if overseas makes you lose speed stick to somewhere close! Find what’s best for you!

Always better to connect to a server as close to us as possible as minimul speed reduction the further away you connect like Brazil or USA your speeds could drop more

Hi All,
If you have an Android box do you always need a VPN? I'm thinking about buying a Buzztv xrs4000 and then getting a sub.
Do you require one for a Openatv 6.3 enigma2 box? Never had one for the Mag box.
Gone are the days when I had a NASA sized satellite dish, watched the footy on ART and the movies on Digitalb.

Last edited:
Hi All,
If you have an Android box do you always need a VPN? I'm thinking about buying a Buzztv xrs4000 and then getting a sub
Do you require one for a Openatv 6.3 enigma2 box? Never had one for the Mag box.
Gone are the days when I had a NASA sized satellite dish, watched the footy on ART and the movies on Digitalb.
You don't really need a vpn but that all depends on if you want to use one or not that would be upto you the buzz boxes are OK but the formuler z8 are better and the android box that open box has looks good aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
If you have an Android box do you always need a VPN? I'm thinking about buying a Buzztv xrs4000 and then getting a sub.

You don't need a vpn for an android box or enigma box any more than you do a mag.

If your provider gets blocked when EPL matches are on and they don't have means to bypass it at their end, then a vpn on your device will bypass the block.

Any recommendations for a vpn please

I use digibit. £2 a month, no subscription longer than a month at a time required as with other vpn's, minimal loss of internet speed when switched on, and in the event of an EPL block channels have cleared instantly when I've needed to use it.

IPvanish is good for speed you can go anywhere the other side of the channel and the speed doesn't vary much to what I normally get they also offer up to 10 devices per sub.

I have surf shark can’t get it running

Hi could do with some help with Surfshark vpn down loaded vpn changer using dsayers guide. With name servers as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 the Ip in the Ip changer box shows my external Ip before I start the service,then I start the service and it shows as running the Ip in this box doesn’t change to the vpn IP address. I downloaded Ip checker plugin and it shows my normal external IP address not the vpn one, I then when to open vpn status is stopped so I press start it goes green when I go out and back in it is red, can someone help please thanks

If you have a supplier that gets blocked for EPL having a VPN your end won't make any difference whatsoever! How can it? There would be no streams coming through to unblock.
It would be magic !!

If you have a supplier that gets blocked for EPL having a VPN your end won't make any difference whatsoever! How can it? There would be no streams coming through to unblock.
It would be magic !!
Most of time now it's not a full server block your right if it's providers end been blocked completely but then a simple dns/ip change sorts it but if it is the op isp that's blocking then vpn will work for him

I have surf shark can’t get it running

Hi could do with some help with Surfshark vpn down loaded vpn changer using dsayers guide. With name servers as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 the Ip in the Ip changer box shows my external Ip before I start the service,then I start the service and it shows as running the Ip in this box doesn’t change to the vpn IP address. I downloaded Ip checker plugin and it shows my normal external IP address not the vpn one, I then when to open vpn status is stopped so I press start it goes green when I go out and back in it is red, can someone help please thanks
Check my edited post here Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2 SurfShark works fine

It would be magic !!

Almost every EPL block I've ever experienced has been narrowed down to a few ISP's blocking the streams getting from the iptv provider to the customers using those isp's, whilst some isp's will be unaffected and will see no drop of service.

So turn on your vpn and, abracadabra, it clears.

Back