VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD PVR + 1TB HDD £267

About to click buy at World of Satellites for this. Good buy or should i look elsewhere.

cheers for any replies fellas

ps where are the idiot guides located for this machine and other machines?

About to click buy at World of Satellites for this. Good buy or should i look elsewhere.

Very good receiver. If you have the cash go for it.

Vu+ DUO2 Support

I put the VIX image on. Loads of support if you need help getting setup.

Last edited:

Very good receiver. If you have the cash go for it.

Vu+ DUO2 Support

I put the VIX image on. Loads of support if you need help getting setup.

Cheers maff, i can probably afford a bit over £300 should i? It comes with openvix pre-installed I believe maff

Best purchase I've made in recent years you won't be disappointed [emoji1360]

Would love to try a gigablue HD ultra UE when they launch to compare though for few friends that wanna upgrade but not the whole hog [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY - Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (Flashed Free Of Charge): OpenViX (Latest) - Fitted HDD Options: 500GB HDD 2.5" ..

got this for £319 from WOS

baz I've got the skly blue skin which I think it makes it just like sky plus especially with the 1teg hard drive even rewind and pause live TV ,, but what are picons and what do they do very interest in any think that inproves the look of my box cheers mate

whats picons.......... its a very very good part of the skin but depending on what skin you use is how effective the picons is i cant comment on the skly blue skin as never used it tho

FTP into box and on root create a folder called picon then drop your pick images into this folder
i recommend the MK picon but there are loads about
MK 400×240 SNP Picons | OpenViX
d/l from the link and drop all the images into the picon folder you created on your box it really is that easy
sometimes once they have all transferred over you need to reboot the box but i find its not always needed

again depending on skin you may need to turn picon on/off within the settings for them to show where you want

a picon is a image on the info bar but can be also added to EPG screens ect

---------- Post Merged at 04:17 PM ----------

baz I've got the skly blue skin which I think it makes it just like sky plus especially with the 1teg hard drive even rewind and pause live TV ,, but what are picons and what do they do very interest in any think that inproves the look of my box cheers mate

Jib you have a duo2 dont ya?
you have to play a little careful on boxes with little flash as it can cause problems duo2 will be fine with MK Picons tho

---------- Post Merged at 04:19 PM ----------

I have no idea what that means but i am listening...any guides about?

the skin it what you can make the interface look like sly vm or like me how you want plenty of skins on the plugin downloads and picons are channel logo's as per my below post to jib

plenty of guides on here and they are very easy to do

FTP into box and on root create a folder called picon then drop your pick images into this folder
MK 400×240 SNP Picons | OpenViX. ok mate will give it ago as above you say ftp into box on root and create a folder ,, so I open filezilla connect box and then create folder on the left or the right ,, I'm guessing the left put the folder you have given the download to box , then where on the box do I find it ,, sorry mate the only thing on the whole box I do get a bit lost on is flipping files from filezilla to box ,, cheers mate

as per terry your pc is on left the receiver to the right the picon folder must be called picon and MUST be on the root (no other names) and only the images of the channels are to go in there no other folders

THIS SHOULD HELP

---------- Post Merged at 05:42 PM ----------

MK 400×240 SNP Picons | OpenViX. ok mate will give it ago as above you say ftp into box on root and create a folder ,, so I open filezilla connect box and then create folder on the left or the right ,, I'm guessing the left put the folder you have given the download to box , then where on the box do I find it ,, sorry mate the only thing on the whole box I do get a bit lost on is flipping files from filezilla to box ,, cheers mate

you find FTP into box hard please dont look at telnet then lol thats messed with my head to start with let me know how you get on also put a few screen shot up of your skin like info bar ect

Last edited:
hi mate sorry im new to this. need all the help possible please. ive been using skybox f5s all this time using Cccam - cline. and been using aj channel list which has all UK sky channels? can i do the same on the Vu+ duo 2? / Vu+ solo 4k?

sorry hope i haven't broken any rules i'm sorry. thank you for the help

Back