WooshBuild v4.00 ALPHA Release - OpenATV 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate I think you are right. As I said a couple of days ago somewhere, there will be a FAQs. I will get the link in there.

Q. something something skin, slyk, kiddac
A. No Idea ask Kidda C: link...

lol

Last edited:
I having been running Wooshbuild V4.0 for the last few days and it has been great.
Yesterday, I did a software update. After the update the following channels changed from 16:9 to 4:3
- TV3 & TV3+1
- Gold & Gold+1
I did another software update - no difference

Has anyone else come across this? is there a way to get all channels back to 16:9?

I did a little look around and changed the skin from Slyk 1 v4 to default and then changed it back again - Gold & Gold+1 is now back to 16:9 but not TV3....

My region is Republic of Ireland, my version of Wooshbuild v4 is clean (no mods or messing!)

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

I have used the Country / Region swap for ease to change my files and also manually changed my region within AB E2. Then ran a full NIT scan. Stuck my channel onto TV3 and it looked fine. I then checked for online updates of which there were 24. I have done those and restarted my box as per the message on screen.

The bad news for you is that all 4 channels above work fine in 16:9 so I am not really sure what to suggest other than a re-flash of v4 as you are the only one with the issue.

Sorry

Wooshman,
I think it must be something to do with the ATV update.
I will change my region as you have done and see what happens.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Woodsman,
I think it must be something to do with the ATV update

But in "theory" would then do it to everyone on the RoI region. With the tuner B issue a few weeks back, people only new there was an issue when trying to do things which used tuner B, the boxes just hung. This channel display issue you have would be noticed by more than I would think if it was caused by an update.

And Mike, I am loving my new name :-)

Maybe the particular program that was on was a 4:3 ratio and you have the display set to auto. This is very likely especially on gold which shows older programs. Just change your settings in video settings to 16:9 ti force wide-screen. One of the coloured buttons do it as a short cut. Not on my box but it might be long hold green

I also had an issue with channels swapping and some in 4:3 after running a software update.

I just ran the easy region setup again and did a NIT scan and all seems back to normal...

(Wales region)

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wooshman/Alfadaz,

I switched the region to NI and did a NIT Scan - it did not do anything. I changed it back to ROI & did a NIT scan - no change.

Kiddac, I did as you suggested & it worked. Did a software update (28 updates) and it is still filling the screen - good news.

The interesting thing (to a nerd like me) is that the icon on TV3 is showing 4:3 (even for Euro 16 coverage - should be 16:9), whereas, all the other channels are showing 16:9.....

I will wait for the final version of Wooshbuild v4 and flash it from scratch, hopefully, everything will be back to normal.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mike

Last edited:
Really can't fault this build and appreciate all the hard work gone into it. All I've got bugging me at the minute is when I go to update software it says 23 updates available, then runs through the updates select restart and is still showing 23 updates available.

Just come across a problem, but i'm not sure if it's build related.. I don't seem to be able to access my HDD via a SMB share.. i used to be able to , as we would stream the files off it to another TV... is this something that was missed ?

Having 2 feeds coming into the box is it best to leave it on Auto for tuners or should I change it to use B for recording.
If so if I only have one tuner and set it to record on B which is not connected with the box revert to recording on A
or will it record blank picture. ?

Also I noticed 3e picon is now Sky1 ? where do I change this or do I wait for update.

Thanks

I found a problem in the skin if press ok when watching a recorded program the time in the bottom left of the bar is cut off

Last edited:
I found a problem in the skin if press ok when watching a recorded program the time in the bottom left of the bar is cut off as seen in the attached photo?

Now I have removed you small photo, please post this in Kiddac's Slyk skin thread in the 2S section as it is not a WooshBuild thing. I do suggest you scale down your photo before posting again though :-)

Having 2 feeds coming into the box is it best to leave it on Auto for tuners or should I change it to use B for recording.
If so if I only have one tuner and set it to record on B which is not connected with the box revert to recording on A
or will it record blank picture. ?

Also I noticed 3e picon is now Sky1 ? where do I change this or do I wait for update.

Thanks

You can leave it as it is and the box will sort it's self out when it comes to feeds. I can't say I have noticed a 3e picon for Sky1. Was it after a software update?

---------- Post Merged at 05:57 PM ----------

Just come across a problem, but i'm not sure if it's build related.. I don't seem to be able to access my HDD via a SMB share.. i used to be able to , as we would stream the files off it to another TV... is this something that was missed ?

I can always access my box via the computer network. The H2S allow it as standard so I have never actually enabled SMB. Go into Menu -> Setup and then System I think and install it. That should do the trick.

Hi thanks for reply
So I should leave the record tuner to auto ?
Yes 3e changed frequency so I did the Auto E2 and crossEPG update then it showed up as Sky1 picon

Thanks

Hi thanks for reply
So I should leave the record tuner to auto ?
Yes 3e changed frequency so I did the Auto E2 and crossEPG update then it showed up as Sky1 picon

Thanks

I would leave them how they are, I never change mine and the missus has a fetish for pressing the record and series link buttons and never had an issue in any build :-)

Hi,

Using i think 4.03 alpha the last one anyway and have lost the volume about 3 or 4 times now, this happens when I try to turn volume up and just happened again when I tried to turn up the volume when Ireland scored their winner.

This has occurred over this last week since downloading alpha 4, and to get volume back I have to reboot the box.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you think its related to the new build?

Apart from that issue the new build is fantastic , so thanks and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back