Xbox one and Skybox F5s hookup

has anyone found a fix for the screen going blank when you press the menu for skybox?? i know the quick fix of dash board, quit tv and restart but thats annoying as hell when you are trying to figure something out and using the menu alot

has anyone found a fix for the screen going blank when you press the menu for skybox?? i know the quick fix of dash board, quit tv and restart but thats annoying as hell when you are trying to figure something out and using the menu alot

thats the only way i have found buddy i am afraid :(

Not sure if you guys are part of the beta testing program, however they have just released the 1405 beta build and it seems to have solved the problem with the menu !!!! :)

Not sure if you guys are part of the beta testing program, however they have just released the 1405 beta build and it seems to have solved the problem with the menu !!!! :)

Installing the 1405 system update now, cheers for the heads-up. BTW if anyone wants an invite to the Beta program, PM me with your Gamertag and I'll invite you.

Nah it seems sorted now, no black screen on menu any more. Seems like they removed the annoying refresh detection too, it no longer freezes on the channel guide either when the picture freezes in the background.

Still Radio Channels listed in the OneGuide though, hope they sort that out eventually. Tons of people complaining about it on the forums.

Hey thanks for all your help with what you have put in the thread. I have managed to get my f5 box to play through the xb1 and I can change channels with the Xbox. I did this by like you say setting the box to US but I can't get a matching guide because it's asking for zip code and satellite provider ? Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

My advice is to wait a couple of weeks, the UK OneGuide is being launched at the start of June and you'll be able to download the Sky EPG for OneGuide and control your F5 from there.

Mine is working perfectly. Haven't set xbox as US and am getting the UK guide perfectly too. Try setting xbox as UK and use open box as stated above. Mine is definitely working so you should have no bother. I'm using the F5 too :)

Mine is working perfectly. Haven't set xbox as US and am getting the UK guide perfectly too. Try setting xbox as UK and use open box as stated above. Mine is definitely working so you should have no bother. I'm using the F5 too :)

Thanks cheesybeans knowing microsoft it will be june 2015 by the time they pull their finger out. Deftone where did you input open box because it doesn't recognise it with mine?

Thanks cheesybeans knowing microsoft it will be june 2015 by the time they pull their finger out. Deftone where did you input open box because it doesn't recognise it with mine?

go to settings on xbox one, TV and One Guide, and then devices. Under cable or satellite box model pick open box (remote code S3109)

it it will then attempt to turn box on/off. If it works, you are set! Mine works perfectly so I don't see why you should have any issues.

go to settings on xbox one, TV and One Guide, and then devices. Under cable or satellite box model pick open box (remote code S3109)

it it will then attempt to turn box on/off. If it works, you are set! Mine works perfectly so I don't see why you should have any issues.

With the Xbox set to uk it doesn't give me the option to select a cable/sky box. Only can set tv model and a audio source ??

wont let me download sattv5 channel list...

well i have done it!!! i have my Xbox One controlling my F5S and correctly from the OneGuide.

Should i post a how to up in this thread or start a new one... more to the point... is anyone even bothered? LOL

cheers Sp00ky! I don't think you would need to post a "how to" as when you search "xbox one skybox f5s" this is the thread that shows up. Well done on getting it sorted, I have sky channel numbers already but doesn't the xbox one guide show radio channels too? Any way around this?

we should note that aj's channel list (search google for it) is set for sky channel numbers and for this to work you will need it installed on f5s. But asides from that just set box as open box on xbone and guide to BSkyB UK

I was using AJ's but i couldnt see the 101 number or anything so i switched to Sattv5's list and it works fine. just looking now into if we can remove the radio channels as they are a ball ache lol!

Thanks also to Bazzam for pointing out the openbox option. I had planned on sitting here 1 day this week just going through every option from A to Z... and O is a long way up that list hahahah

would it be poss if someone could email me latest update?? kind regards

well i have done it!!! i have my Xbox One controlling my F5S and correctly from the OneGuide.

Should i post a how to up in this thread or start a new one... more to the point... is anyone even bothered? LOL

cheers Sp00ky! I don't think you would need to post a "how to" as when you search "xbox one skybox f5s" this is the thread that shows up. Well done on getting it sorted, I have sky channel numbers already but doesn't the xbox one guide show radio channels too? Any way around this?

we should note that aj's channel list (search google for it) is set for sky channel numbers and for this to work you will need it installed on f5s. But asides from that just set box as open box on xbone and guide to BSkyB UK

I was using AJ's but i couldnt see the 101 number or anything so i switched to Sattv5's list and it works fine. just looking now into if we can remove the radio channels as they are a ball ache lol!

Thanks also to Bazzam for pointing out the openbox option. I had planned on sitting here 1 day this week just going through every option from A to Z... and O is a long way up that list hahahah

would it be poss if someone could email me latest update?? kind regards

Which update? The sattv5 channel list? Should be easy enough to find. Google is your friend.

I cant seem to get my skybox f5s working in the uk, the on guide works and everything but as soon as i click a channel with my controller (press x) the guide disappears and nothing happens.
I havent got my kinect plugged in (was a kinectless xbox) any ideas?

If you don't have the Kinect, you won't be able to use the Xbox to change channels, as like Ball00 said, the IR blaster (which sends the signal to your Skybox) is located in the Kinect.

3.jpg

If you look at the back of your Xbox One (see picture) there's a small port next to the Ethernet port with "IR Out" on it. You can connect an IR transmitter to that if you want to use Oneguide without the Kinect (Google "IR Transmitter cable").

thanks guys so if i get a kinect i just plug that in and no other cable from the xbox to the skybox is needed only the hdmi cable?

Back