ZGEMMA H2 - OPEN ATV 5.1 Set up for Cable

Jedit1

Hi Everyone.

My backup image from my H2 (its DVB-C and DVB-S tuner). I personally spent many hours configuring & testing many images all mainly for Satellite, so had a go from scratch to set up for DVB-C (Tuner-B).
Thank you to everyone who helped & contributed from this forum, much appreciated!!!

The Image as been up dated to the latest revision as of 9th March 2016. It uses the Red HD skin for VM.
The EPG & Bouquets have been set up for VM, remember you need to update your area code in the tuner config & epg.
I've installed only basic plug-ins e.g. on-demand. Will add to this/update when I find extra working well plugins.

Please advise if you have any great plugin recommendations.

link: click here download

hi buddy, i've installed your image but can't work out where to install my line. I have entered my net ID in two places and get FTA channels.

The line given me starts with cws.

thanks.

hi buddy, i've installed your image but can't work out where to install my line. I have entered my net ID in two places and get FTA channels.

The line given me starts with cws.

thanks.

If you have to ftp your line to the box, the user path is normally, usr/keys/newcamd.list/right click/edit/ paste your line in here/on your remote goto softcams and restart mgcam/job done

HI, I have created a newcamd.list file as it wasn't there and added the line given. saved file and its uploaded.

blue button -- > soft cam -- >soft cam panel shows the 2nd picture attached. I can't see where to enable the mgcam. thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 159
I uses CCcam as you can see in your 1st image.
using ftp program, open up CCcam.cfg from /usr/keys, if its not there create it using notepad, paste in your line and upload to folder /usr/keys
Restart box should be fine.

You could install mgcamd but i found the other simpler.

hi, i've done the above steps to add the line into the CCcam.cfg

I've restarted the box and still no premium channels. softcam says 'no eco info' when the line is highlighted. thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 02:29 PM ----------

sorry I mean 'no ECM info'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 14.12.36.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 14.12.36.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 153
Ok so to run your line you need to put mgcamd 1.38 on.
menu | plugins | Green button (Download Plugin) | softcams |mgcamd 1.38 . ok to install
exit then Red button to remove plugin Scroll down to softcam then select cccam2.3.0 ok to remove
Download the cam files from this link CAMS unzip and edit newcamd.list replace the ********* part with your line details and save.
upload both files to the /usr/keys folder.
Restart box.
Blue button | softcam |softcam Panel.
highlight "Select Cam 1 the left right button and set to mgcamd 1.38 press green button to start.

Channel should clear.

Last edited:
Hey i installed this build and then ftp to box and put my Ccam.cfg into /usr/keys folder. Restarted box and pressed blue button. selected softcam then softcam panel. It says no ECM info.

This is my first time of setting up a cable line, do u not get any channels at all (bbc,itv ect) until u have set a line up correctly? Like with a sat line u get all the freesat channels. Thanks

Yes you do. Once your line is in do a auto scan. From the service menu. but be sure your area code is correct. i'n tuner b configuration.

Quick update: Hope you all had a good Easter!
First off, I'm still learning how these boxes work so please drop in any comments to help any members out there.
I set this image up to use CCcam (2.3.0) and after reading a few threads have discovered that you can run C and N lines with CCcam. So here goes, open CCcam.cfg

If you have a N line that starts CWS= you need to change the front end to be N:
e.g.

N: bla bla bla 01 02 03 04 05........14

if its a C line its
C: bla bla bla

If you have two lines one N and one C line, then the N lines are listed first followed by C lines. so that both lines are active.

If you manage to solve your issue can you give us a Like please!

Thank you very much for your image, it works a treat, and allowed me to be up and running in about 10 mins.

Quick question, and dont know if you have done it, If I enable the tuner A, and put in a sky feed, and do a satalite scan, would the sky channels through the sky tuner be on a seperate feed?

Cheers

Yes it will, that's exactly what I've done so I can watch 1 record another. You only have free to Air channel unless you grab another line.

hi I am getting a zgemma h2 box this week, is this build ready to go with the vm cable connection because I don't wont to use the sky dish at the moment.
any advise is welcome thanks

Hi
i have installed your image its great i am struggling installing mgcam and line when i am trying to install mgcam 1.83 but keeps giving me error i have managed to install 1.3 mgcam i think
then i went to user keys right click edit pasted my line which begins with cws=vm etc 0123 etc does not work any idea please let me know

Was set up to use CCcam & I'm aware it will recognise N line (CWS=), I've not tested it thugh.
See this thread Setup for Cable. I think its the same image & the chaps do explain how & where to put things.

Back