£100 best box for IPTV

I also have just sold my shield and got a z8 one of the best boxers I have tried and I can honestly say better than my shield
Will you lot behave , your making ne order a Z8 , btw , what difference apart from the flexibility of programmable remote is there between Z8 and Z8 pro version ?

Yeah deffo till other half moans as just got used to one device lol
Thats where I'm at , our viewing habits have changed completely , I no longer have an house arial plugged into the main TV , she watches everything on an apple tv box , via the main apps , "iplayer,ITVplayer,my4 and the ch5 app", the apps let her watch live or "from start" , i on the other hand only watch sport via iptv. IN fact I have asked a few times even on here if anyone does sport only but never found that option. However , now that we are losing our hearing with age ( am 67 ), we must have subtitles . Iplayer on apple tv doesnt supprt subtitles , but android and fire tv it does, so apple tv box is going on ebay and I have ordered a couple more firesticks. For what she watches a firestick will suffice , there will be earache until she gets used to seeing all the apps and stuff on the home screen that she doesn't use. Now all these posters recommending the Z8 have got me thinking :LOL:

the one my provider has justs looks awful, lightening fast sounds great but if the UI looks like the ones I have seen , I couldn't use it.
You watch the channels not the UI, does it really matter what it looks like as long as you can watch TV.
If it's the missus saying I want it to look like sky, get her back in the kitchen !!

Its as above similar to a car you pick your viewing box based on your habits. I watch live sport a few discoveries that me done. I don't have patience watch the full 90 minutes never-ending a boxset !!!.
I don't game, not a youtuber so a firestick is enough for me and for 30 sheets ? Can't go wrong

Have to agree with posts above the interface does make apps look nice but it's the channels you watch that counts I don't like smarters layout ect but Aslong as I get to watch 3pm on a Saturday on my phone with no earache then it's all good but as that saying goes you don't look at the mantle piece whilst poking the fire lol

Thats where I'm at , our viewing habits have changed completely , I no longer have an house arial plugged into the main TV , she watches everything on an apple tv box , via the main apps , "iplayer,ITVplayer,my4 and the ch5 app", the apps let her watch live or "from start" , i on the other hand only watch sport via iptv. IN fact I have asked a few times even on here if anyone does sport only but never found that option. However , now that we are losing our hearing with age ( am 67 ), we must have subtitles . Iplayer on apple tv doesnt supprt subtitles , but android and fire tv it does, so apple tv box is going on ebay and I have ordered a couple more firesticks. For what she watches a firestick will suffice , there will be earache until she gets used to seeing all the apps and stuff on the home screen that she doesn't use. Now all these posters recommending the Z8 have got me thinking :LOL:
I have never had a formuler android box, but i do have a Buzztv box and you can hide unwanted channels with it very easily just like e2 boxes.

I also have just sold my shield and got a z8 one of the best boxers I have tried and I can honestly say better than my shield
What makes it better joe? I have a shield, you think its worth the change? If so what in your opinion makes it better bud? I'll have a a look on utube at it now mate just thought I would ask as you've owned a shield (y)

What makes it better joe? I have a shield, you think its worth the change? If so what in your opinion makes it better bud? I'll have a a look on utube at it now mate just thought I would ask as you've owned a shield (y)
Z8 probably edges it for just IPTV. However, if you use your box for more than that Shield beats it anyday of the week. Netflix/Youtube 4K, Android/Geforce Gaming etc

I just feel shield is it overkill just for iptv if you're using it for gaming well then it's ok but the Z8 is built for iptv I just think it runs a lot smoother

Have to agree with posts above the interface does make apps look nice but it's the channels you watch that counts I don't like smarters layout ect but Aslong as I get to watch 3pm on a Saturday on my phone with no earache then it's all good but as that saying goes you don't look at the mantle piece whilst poking the fire lol
Exactly but , its not just me thats poking the fire :LOL:

The one thing I love about firesticks is

Fire TV app
Godsend copy/paste and text. I tried the Shield version it was all over the place then it goes off its head.
Must admit, the Shield upscaling is something else.
Saying that, since lockdown my eyes have gone to dogsh"t. Without specs it could be in 240 or 8k and I wouldn't know the sodding difference

Fire TV app
Godsend copy/paste and text. I tried the Shield version it was all over the place then it goes off its head.
Saying that, since lockdown my eyes have gone to dogsh"t. Without specs it could be in 240 or 8k and I wouldn't know the sodding difference
trying to google what that app does , never used it.

Fire TV app
Cant find anything about it googling , I assume it does same job as es file explorer ?

Back