2nd line not showing up

eoinzy

Hi,

I'm on latest openvix.

I have an N line for cable which works fine.
I'm tryin to add a second N line for satellite but it's not showing up when I go into Softcam - > Cccam info - > Servers.

I've tried rearranging them but no change. Even if the server was down, I'd expect to see it in "Cccam info" as present but with a red dot beside it. All I see is my original line with a green dot beside it.

I also tried putting the new line is mgcamd.list in /usr/keys and turning off Cccam and using mgcamd (135 & 138 separately) but no luck. I don't know how to see if it's being detected there but the channels aren't clearing so I'm assuming it's not being picked up.

Any ideas on what I can try next? The new line was sent to me as a CWS but I want to use my two lines together so converted it to an N line.

Cheers

Are you trying to put two separate files in? Because you just put both sets of details into one file, one after the other

Yep. One file. Cccam.cfg in /etc

First line I have my original cable N line.
Second line I have the new satellite N line.

I also tried flipping them so the new one is first. But the box isn't detecting it. I don't have it commented out with # or anything. I tried doing a full reboot.

Funnily enough I had an old satellite line there that didn't go away even after I removed it from the cfg file. It went eventually though, after I deleted the file and rebooted.

I've added lines before and done the exact same as I've done here but I can't figure out what's happening. Very frustrating!

Actually I just deleted it again, rebooted, and uploaded it and now it's showing up, but with a red light beside it so I think I solved one issue. Just need to get onto provider to see why it's red.

Cheers

So the provider says its working his side.

So to summarise...
I have 2 N lines, one of which is working in both Cccam.cfg and mgcamd.list (135a and 138).
The other isn't working in either.
The 2nd one is a test line. Provider says its fine.

In Cccam, u can see the info on servers. Can someone show me an extension they let's me see the status in mgcam?
Also, is there any other troubleshooting steps I need to take?

Btw, I was on OpenVIX 5.1.033 but upgraded with image manager and the issue is the same on both versions.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok you can't just change a cws line into a n line and expect it to work as some servers use different ports for these lines
Try your cws line to see if it works in MGcamd if so that is your problem

I should have said, it was always a CWS line that I was trying to put into Cccam.cfg.
The provider said it had to be in newcamd.list so I moved it there along with my working one.
As it happens, my working one still works in newcamd.list but the new sly one doesn't.

Having awful trouble here.
I've done a complete factory reset on my box, and set everything up from scratch again. I didn't restore any settings or plugins or anything.

Once again, the original cable line works great on both Cccam.cfg and newcamd.list, and the new test line doesn't work at all.

Here's my newcamd.list, with servers removed.
Is that OK? Do I need the first 2 lines?

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = cable_server 11116 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS = sat_server 22000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you put them on individually, and get them to work? that would be my test. It will show if there is a problem with on or the other on their own.

You need two lines the same,don't try and change lines to what you think will work

Can you put them on individually, and get them to work? that would be my test. It will show if there is a problem with on or the other on their own.
I tried this and its the same. The original one works, the new one doesn't.

You need two lines the same,don't try and change lines to what you think will work
But surely the new one would work on its own then?

Is it possible my mg_cfg is wrong?
TBH I think it's looking like the line is at fault here.

Ye I tried that already.

You know on OpenVIX in Softcam settings, you can go into Cccam and see the "Servers" you're connected to? It'll show green beside a connected server, and red beside a bad one.
Is there an extension where I can see the same for Mgcamd?

Back