A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Also your best off using an Ethernet connection rather than Wi-FI, even if your box is next to the router, still use a cable

Hi All I'm a total Newbie to this but am not a technical Noob and have read quite a lot of stuff from the various links in the forum and felt it to be the right time to post my question, so here goes:
I'm currently looking at this as a viable option Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver

My reasons for looking at this particular box are that I have both a Sly and Virmin Media live feed, so was thinking that I could use the single S Tuner as a backup if there were problems with the cable side of things and vice versa, or is this overkill?
The 2 C tuners will let me record one and watch another channel in HD if available, which if I'm right, I won't get with satellite?
Am I right in thinking that I need to request an N-line with a combination of both S and C, or will I have to get one of each which will mean that I would need to swap between cards as there's only one card slot on the box? (This is an area where I'm not really certain about).
Also, I've read through the Technomate threads and others and it appears that using Openvix is the best and most supported option since it auto-updates, is this right?
Lastly, I'm also aware that bees has made an awesome step by step guide for setting up Openvix on the E2 combo boxes..............So can anyone give me any feedback to my questions and how this box runs or if there are any other things that I need to be aware of, like ease of use, response, picture quality, etc. Any feedback is very much appreciated guys n gals, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello, I am looking for a set top box with the sky menus & with the ability to install kodi onto it, would anyone be able to point me in the right directions of such a box or boxes with the ability to install kodi?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am looking for a set top box with the sky menus & with the ability to install kodi onto it, would anyone be able to point me in the right directions of such a box or boxes with the ability to install kodi?

Thanks in advance.

Lot of boxes have Kodi direct I find it be very poor gave up on it
You need to look at top end boxes i.e. VU for full Kodi at a cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello everyone, ive been in a techno coma for a few years.......my current box is a skybox f5s but Im fancying a Zgemma 2.hs - is there really a big difference between them? the epg on the f5s does my head in no end!!!

Many thanks

Automatic channel updates, and EPG , iptv , can watch it on your phone, watch 1 channel record another to name a few

Hi Tich, I hope you don't mind me jumping onto this thread to ask you what IYHO would be your choice of box between the Zgemma H2h/2Hs and the Technomate TM Nano 3Tuner 1 Satellite and 2 Cable please, as I've been looking at the Technomate but there doesnt seem to be a great deal of threads/people posting about these compared to the Zgemma? I'm new to this so is the Zgemma easier to set up/use?
I've got a live feed from both Sat and Cable Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:
Your best bet would be to go with the Technomate if you have cable as it has the twin cable tuners and you can have HD

Also if you get it flashed with Vix. Bees has a good guide on setting up

Thanks for the reply and advice Tich it's much appreciated. From the posts and research I've read/done, I was thinking that the Technomate was gonna be a better option for those reasons but with all the popularity of the Zgemma boxes, it seemed as though there might have been something I'd overlooked that would make it a better choice. It's great to be able to post on here and have some very helpful people like yourself point us Newbies in the right direction ;)

Hi All

Newbie here but done a bit of reading/research.

Id like to know which you would recommend needs to satisfy the following:

2 tuners for recording
WIFI as the box/router not positioned to cable
Quick
SKY EPG (Happy to set this up myself)

Looking at the VU+ duo2 but is it really worth paying £300+ for this box?

Thanks in advance

Hi All

Newbie here but done a bit of reading/research.

Id like to know which you would recommend needs to satisfy the following:

2 tuners for recording
WIFI as the box/router not positioned to cable
Quick
SKY EPG (Happy to set this up myself)

Looking at the VU+ duo2 but is it really worth paying £300+ for this box?

Thanks in advance

Zgemma hs2 is a very good box for the price
Get a wifi extender
Look a wooshbuild you want go far wrong
The vu box is a great box but at a cost

Just got a Zgemma H2s box. Still trying to get it up and running. Been on it two days already. Should be able to get it sorted with the info on here

There are plenty of backups on the site which will get you going. All with instructions. Rather than using Wi fi. Look at homeplugs Which work better

Back