Add folder to usb

Brucey89

Trying to back up my image to usb. Keeos saying usb must contain backup folder. Have opened new folder on usb named back up but not working. Any ideas?

If it was my I would ftp in from iPad and in my app it say make a blank file

Or if your on your own computer, make a txt file. Type the name in and leave of the extension (.txt)

As Silver says you need to save the backupstick file onto the USB that is in your box. So you will need to FTP that first before you backup your image.

If you have saved your usb as hdd then you dont need any text file to backup.

Click on downloads at the top of the page, then click on Dsayers Zgemma H2H OpenATV 6 Series V2.2 and scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a guide how to ftp and add your line. You are not adding a line you are simply wanting to save the backupstick txt file in media/USB and you can then proceed to backup your image.

You should learn how to ftp its simple once you get the hang of it.

Have
Click on downloads at the top of the page, then click on Dsayers Zgemma H2H OpenATV 6 Series V2.2 and scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a guide how to ftp and add your line. You are not adding a line you are simply wanting to save the backupstick txt file in media/USB and you can then proceed to backup your image.

You should learn how to ftp its simple once you get the hang of it.
Downloaded ftp and connected to box. When i try to create and add to directory nothing happens. Does usb have to be in laptop or box for this

Still says add backupstick file.

Have checked hdd folder on box an its there. So tried backup to hdd and it seems to be doing something

You dont need a backupstick text file if your usb is saved as hdd (see post #9) . Your backup will be running now. Once its complete back ftp to the box and scroll to media/hdd and then copy the backup image on to your pc. that is you sorted.

You dont need a backupstick text file if your usb is saved as hdd (see post #9) . Your backup will be running now. Once its complete back ftp to the box and scroll to media/hdd and then copy the backup image on to your pc. that is you sorted.
Thanks for your help. One last thing how do i copy to pc now

Depends what ftp software you are using.

Your box details are normally displayed in the ftp right pane and your pc left pane. Drop and drag the backup folder in media/hdd to wherever you want to save it to on your pc.

I use winscp and you can also click on backup folder (right pane) and choose "download" (right pane) which you see displayed and this opens up the folders on your pc. You then choose which directory/folder where you would normally save files and just press ok, then ok again and the file will transfer.

Back