Satellite Advice for 2nd hand Zgemma H7s purchased

Pixelation is a signal issue.
Either your aerial is out of alignment or cable damaged, failing that you have chosen the wrong area/region.
Did your tv have signal issues like the above before you got the H7?
Thanks
What’s pixelation ?
Don’t think my aerial is out of alignment but on the check @bmitie said the area is coming up pass spur hill nearly going through it to Mull but that option isn’t in the area /regionIMG_7607.png

Go to your saorview tuner but go setup settings tuners then signal finder then
toggle , use arrow key on right to select tuner c, arrow down to c21 and change it to 24 and wait if u get a signal press green to scan, do same for other channel .
And have u splitters on the aerial cable

The only thing I notice is the db down bottom corner keeps moving all the time. I even tried on the Kerry MULLAGHANISH like the coverage checker says IMG_7610.jpegIMG_7609.jpegIMG_7608.jpeg

I have got other FTA that cork now but not all on spur hill. Others still don’t work. I’ll have to come back to it tomorrow. Only something small I hope but annoying none the least. Thanks all

Go to your saorview tuner but go setup settings tuners then signal finder then
toggle , use arrow key on right to select tuner c, arrow down to c21 and change it to 24 and wait if u get a signal press green to scan, do same for other channel .
And have u splitters on the aerial cable
No splitters in this room this is direct from satellite and aerial. Splitter in the other room alright

I’ll try favs and skins next time but I must say a big thanks for all the help and patience with me. Hopefully I can return help to someone some day here

I’ll try favs and skins next time but I must say a big thanks for all the help and patience with me. Hopefully I can return help to someone some day here
You are concerned about skins and appearance, this is irrelevant, you can sort that once you have the channels and it will take 3 minutes. You have a problem with the splitter/aerial connection to the H7.
You may need a new splitter and/or a new cable from it, TO the H7.
Are the freesat channels working?
Did you get the Angus freeview channels working?

You are concerned about skins and appearance, this is irrelevant, you can sort that once you have the channels and it will take 3 minutes. You have a problem with the splitter/aerial connection to the H7.
You may need a new splitter and/or a new cable from it, TO the H7.
Are the freesat channels working?
Did you get the Angus freeview channels working?
Everything seems to be working now. Once I changed the channel no. To 24 and went with Kerry MULLAGHANISH in signal finder it seemed to work 🤞
Disabled Angus free view as I can’t use that.

Everything seems to be working now. Once I changed the channel no. To 24 and went with Kerry MULLAGHANISH in signal finder it seemed to work 🤞
Disabled Angus free view as I can’t use that.
Right, well forget the Cork transmitter, it seems you need the Kerry one, see if you can find out the signal strength from there in the menu. You still need to find out what condition the connectors are in from splitter to H7, this is more important than anything else at this point and can you get freesat?
Take photos of each end of the cable that spans H7/splitter, corroded/sloppy connections will make the tv unwatchable

Yes as mast on my amiko box is spur hill cork as well and working prefect in the other room. On image 5.4 it was good on that to with spur hill.

How can I check picture mode.

The saorview epg looks good. Just the bad signal now.

only thing I see on saorview is the db in the bottom corner of pic 3 is jumping all over the place.
View attachment 99004View attachment 99005

View attachment 99006
Your showing around 22-25db signal, that is a strong signal. It possible it is intermittent, caused by a poor corrector.

Snip the cable off, re do it with a new end plug if possible.

Right, well forget the Cork transmitter, it seems you need the Kerry one, see if you can find out the signal strength from there in the menu. You still need to find out what condition the connectors are in from splitter to H7, this is more important than anything else at this point and can you get freesat?
Take photos of each end of the cable that spans H7/splitter, corroded/sloppy connections will make the tv unwatchable
Yes can get freesat. Just rechecked this morning everything is going good still. Connections are good. I believe it was a signal issue only with saorview as I had wrong transmitter and channel setting in signal finder. 1st 2 pics my amiko box and working prefect. 3rd and 4th pic my zgemma and all good this morning 5th pic shows db better settling image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Your showing around 22-25db signal, that is a strong signal. It possible it is intermittent, caused by a poor corrector.

Snip the cable off, re do it with a new end plug if possible.
I think the changing channel in signal finder fixed this as it had been dropping to 0 and 12&15 prior. At least I’m hoping it has but was all good this morning before I went to work.

Back