Aldi To Terminate Contracts Of Unvaccinated Staff

A very bold move by them, and I am sure that the other big supermarkets/stores will also be watching very carefully to see how this 'pans' out, and may follow suite.
I'd say all organisations will go down this route in the next 12 months or so.
I think they know what's coming, sooner or later employees will start filing lawsuits against their employers for allowing unvaccinated people to work there.
Government has already started with NHS but it will probably be all government workers sooner rather than later

No surprise really this was inevitable.

The unvaccinated may feel discriminated with such moves and completely get how they will feel but this and covid passports was always gona happen.

I'd say all organisations will go down this route in the next 12 months or so.
I think they know what's coming, sooner or later employees will start filing lawsuits against their employers for allowing unvaccinated people to work there.
Government has already started with NHS but it will probably be all government workers sooner rather than later
I suppose when you put it into the 'same bag' as Lawsuites against companies and organisations it does make sense that they will decide to go down this route (to me anyway). And I know that not everyone will agree, and that is their perogative.

It is just a shame that what everything people have gone through that last couple of years that some now face this dilema of petentially loosing their jobs.

Russian roulette time. Tick Tock Bang we have a winner or is it a loser?
Not sure what this means but I think most if not all workplaces will adopt the same strategy.
I suppose when you put it into the 'same bag' as Lawsuites against companies and organisations it does make sense that they will decide to go down this route (to me anyway). And I know that not everyone will agree, and that is their perogative.

It is just a shame that what everything people have gone through that last couple of years that some now face this dilema of petentially loosing their jobs.
If they're adamant about not being vaccinated then yes they will have to find other employment.
That said, most other companies will be going down the same road but I'm sure there will be plenty of positions working from home - lots of offices will not be opening back up again, one company I know who had about sixty office workers has given up the building and saved 50k a year and everyone works from home

I wonder if all places take the same position if unvaccinated could claim same benefits as others that are not fit to work?

I wonder if all places take the same position if unvaccinated could claim same benefits as others that are not fit to work?
Ah , big difference ,
Unvaccinated are fit to work, they just chose not to,
Saying that, even now there are people that make claiming benefits a career choice.

I seriously doubt that refusing the vaccine will be classed as a reason why someone cannot work.
There's plenty of jobs where it won't be required and anyone voluntarily giving up a paid position won't be eligible for benefits

It will undoubtedly leave job vacancies for those that are vaccinated and those obviously looking for work and who are elligible for the positions that potentially become available.

But I agree @pabloescaban a lot are now working from home so potentially would not really affect ALL of those not vaccinated, unless of course their companies required them to return to the workplace. But with the savings (as you have already stated) that these companies are saving by not renting office space, lighting and heating bills etc, I can't see a lot of them rushing back to offices if they do not need to.

I dont getcthis thread tbf how can anyone who is unvaccinated loose there job. Even if you are vaccinated you can still catch it and pass on as much as the unvaccinated or has this changed now?.
I dont watch the news so im sort of behind.

I dont getcthis thread tbf how can anyone who is unvaccinated loose there job. Even if you are vaccinated you can still catch it and pass on as much as the unvaccinated or has this changed now?.
I dont watch the news so im sort of behind.
Its because if you are vaccinated you are 67% less likely to catch the virus in the first place so less chance of passing it onto others.

Its basically telling them to put their money where their mouth is.
You can bet that 90% of the refusal brigade will soon have it when they're faced with losing £500 a week. Obviously the ones who insist they will never
have it won't be swayed but these are the minority, the majority are just apathetic about it

The anti vaxers might and have more to lose if they catch it and out there parading and partying like its not there.

Back