all VM channels gone off?

i have a 2 sky dishes, one is wired with the sky q (2 cables) but i returned the box back? how can i make the most of this dish? what box do i need to get channels?

secondly i have an older sky dish set upstairs, how can i get freesat/freeview via this? i have a zgemma hs7

At least if it does go, we have been warned and we expect it this time, for sports fans then its already gone, if you watch the movie channels , you can still use the E2istream plus Android aps for movies and tv shows as well as other options, still plenty on Eurosats, 1w has c-more movies, series, sports, nordic version of sky, more or less, 19e has the german sky sports in HD, Sky movies HD, Sky Atlantic HD and Sky one HD, many more, but you have to wonder are they gonna stay around for long, hopefully they are, then of course its iptv, still great for movies and series and sport if you dont mind it being a bit behind live play, still plenty of choice for everyone, one things for sure, I wont be taking out a sky or VM sub out any time soon, not at their over inflated prices.
to get 19e channels, do you have to move your dish? i just have standard sky dishes (sky q) and a normal sky dish

Sky q lnb is no good for e2 boxes, you should change to an ordinary lnb, then try moving one of your dishes slightly to try and get 19e

i have a 2 sky dishes, one is wired with the sky q (2 cables) but i returned the box back? how can i make the most of this dish? what box do i need to get channels?

secondly i have an older sky dish set upstairs, how can i get freesat/freeview via this? i have a zgemma hs7
Just get a long enough ladder to reach your sly q dish unscrew the lnb from sly port and put them into the spare ports on your dish as you have 2 lnb ports for sly q and 4 ports for sly+hd/freesat

@grog68 have tried DVB-T frequency finder in ABM.
I had trouble you do a full scan when setting up terrestrial tuner it gets channels but when you go to ABM and and select your local transmitter it does not bring in all the channels. if you run DVB-T frequency finder in ABM it scans and saves you off a seperate xml file .

In fact it was dsayers2014 who posted some info Here by @Abu Baniaz

Last edited:
Just get a long enough ladder to reach your sly q dish unscrew the lnb from sly port and put them into the spare ports on your dish as you have 2 lnb ports for sly q and 4 ports for sly+hd/freesat

oh awesome so i can use the same lnb and just put into the spare ports...next to it. awesome

I've just been playing with my h52tc upstairs, did have freesat and cable but vm disabled the cable feed a few months ago and I didn't do anything about it. Now connect ariel and it has freeview, freesat and sky FTA (slightly different) channnels and made sure the wifes soaps are now recorded off freeview as life wont be work living if I missed on when cable goes off.

The one bug bare with freeview is the regional stuff, news etc. We are in the east midlands but the transmitter used is for Yorkshire and Lincs. East midlands regional can be received on it but ABM sticks the Yorkshire channels in the bouquets. We don't watch much up there and I think most of the local news is carp, but it's even worse if it's carp from somewhere nowhere near you. Have to play with it to get local channels in bouquets.

You can have this "worked around" if you want. ABM reads what is on the tables.

See what is done for WinterHill.
oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

@Abu Baniaz , just wish we could get bouquets to load EPG in freeview without the need to sellect a channel even tried EPG Refresh no joy even if it is setup for auto with a few channels selected. I still needed to select portal then EPG Refresh, it does populate quicker with epg refresh than selecting a channel.
It's just a bit annoying when going along bouquets then you get to freeview and they are empty.
Is it basically to do with epg importer not having rytec freeview in it ?

this is my sky q dish, so is the lnb on the actual dish and i need to unscrew this and put in the remaining two slots?

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpg
    IMG_3240.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 46
Rytec team do not hold the references for UK terrestrial. All the different areas/masts have the same service reference anyway, so it would not work for localised broadcasts which are few and far between.

EPG refresh is a channel zapper with no definite times. Just set a daily recording for 2 minutes into a dumping folder that you can clear out once month or so. You will always have Terretsrial EPG unless the epg system finds a character it does not like and dumps the data becauase it is "corrupt".

Can a moderator move threads not to do with Virgin to their own thread if they deem it appropriate.

@grog68 have tried DVB-T frequency finder in ABM.
I had trouble you do a full scan when setting up terrestrial tuner it gets channels but when you go to ABM and and select your local transmitter it does not bring in all the channels. if you run DVB-T frequency finder in ABM it scans and saves you off a seperate xml file .

In fact it was dsayers2014 who posted some info Here by @Abu Baniaz
That sorted it, now have local bbc and itv channels for the region I live in and not the region next to us.

Iv tried everything just changed to so emu and for a second thought that fixed it as sky one he came on for a few seconds and went back off so I'm stumped and very stressed out lol Back to staring at black screens

If sky one came on, regardless of how long for, the line, softcam and box is working as they should.
Either the splitter or maybe the hdmi cable needs looking at.
Open your oscam.server file and put these lines in the reader at the bottom and close it

emmcache = 1,3,2,0
blockemm-unknown = 1
dropbadcws = 1
disablecrccws = 1

Back