Amiko Mini HD Combo

I have had no problems with my test but from today I have had major problems channels not clearing or glitches every couple of minutes I check my settings have a excellent signal.

I check my server is green even restart the server but no better.

anybody having the same problems or might give me any help ?

also emailed feed to be told it will stabilise it just takes time ?

Last edited:
The one I used is for cable i have had it on ethernet lan was perfect then tried it on homeplug adaptor it was perfect just when I swapped from the test the problems started its all running on the same splitter etc only changed is the feed from test to 6 month.

I was recommended to use AMIKO MiniHD Combo Galaxy 1.2.48 firmware

Hi all.
Just a little help
I am trying to set up Amiko mini on cable.
I have found the codes to put in the box.
But am a bit confused, below are :

Location Co Net Id Freq Sym Rate

Manchester 1 NTL ex C&W 41040 666.750 6.887
Manchester 2 NTL ex C&W 41060 666.750 6.952

How to convert the above and put in the box figures below i find a problem as there are 2 freq positions that can be altered.

tp index : 1/70
frequency : 306.0
symbol rate : 6900
modulation : qam64
nit search : on
lcn frequency scan : 000.0

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
maybe lan was having problems as it does happen with other things,maybe reboot box and router to see if anything changes.

Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of help. I've recently purchased a 'Amiko mini combo' I've installed it using a virgin media cable using a F to Ariel connection I've installed all latest firmware/software done a cable can and found hundreds of channels yet only 3 of them seem to work(no even the basic bbc channels work!) most say no signal and some scrambled. Is there something I'm missing out on doing???

Any help will be greatly appreciated i've spent hours looking thru forum after forum to no avail.

You are probably using the wrong net id (frequency on these boxes)

You can get the correct one from an official VM box see post number 11 in this thread.

Have you bought a line to clear the $ channels ?

i've ued the frequency given on my old virgin media box, but not bought a 'line' the only thing ive bought is just the box itself. How would i go about getting one of these lines?

Ive found on virmin you wont clear many even bbc1 e.t.c unless you are connected to server.

Ive found on virmin you wont clear many even bbc1 e.t.c unless you are connected to server.

I get 30 FTA channels in my area.

I get the main 5 (plus the AD versions), plus BBC1 scot/N.I./wales, BBC 3/4/Alba/parliament/news, CBBC (+HD), Cbeebies (+HD), S4C, Ch4 +1.

What i should of said was bbc1 HD,itvHD e.t.c.Which are fta on sly but seem not on vermin.As with cable its about HD with the loss of them on sly.Not really checked others.My bad.

What i should of said was bbc1 HD,itvHD e.t.c.Which are fta on sly but seem not on vermin.As with cable its about HD with the loss of them on sly.Not really checked others.My bad.

Yep.

I wonder why CBBC & Cbeebies have FTA HD versions on VM, but not any of the other HD channels that are normally FTA on other platforms?

you would have to request a cable line in the relevant thread for vm uk.

ok i've managed to get a test line. my net client config is now green yet all my channels are still scrambled?
All i've don is enter the details he gave my in the net client config nothing else, is there another step i'm missing or something?
Appreciate all the help you guys are giving me

help please I have just got this box and I am having problems getting the cable to work. My net id off my tivo box is 40969, QAM256 when I'm doing a scan its finding nothing, also signal level is 0% and quality is 6%, . Can anyone please help me. I have flashed with latest lavatronics firmware and the sat is fine.

Back