Android Based Devices Reviews

4K Firestick Around £50.00 although there are many sales through out the year when you can get them with as much as 50% off

specs
  • 1.7GHz quad-core processor
  • 8GB storage
  • Supports Dolby Atmos
The Amazon firesticks are a populaur and cost effective way of watching IPTV and movie apps.

Pros
  • Smooth performance
  • Excellent Audio/Video quality
  • Support for the latest formats and streaming standards
  • Improved Alexa Remote
  • Simple to setup
  • Much better than the cheap Chinese android boxes Or even a better alternative to enigma 2 boxes.
Cons
  • Search in third-party apps needs to get better
  • No google playstore obviously
  • You wil;l have to use the mouse toggle app in some apps which is not very nice.
Overall it is worth considering a firestick if you buy one in a Black Friday sale or something with a substantial discount. Otherwise it may be worth paying a extra £20 for the Buzz Firestick or a mid range Formuler box. I would also advise getting a enthernet adapter so you can create a wired connection.

Last edited:
4K Firestick Around £50.00 although there are many sales through out the year when you can get them with as much as 50% off

specs
  • 1.7GHz quad-core processor
  • 8GB storage
  • Supports Dolby Atmos
The Amazon firesticks are a populaur and cost effective way of watching IPTV and movie apps.

Pros
  • Smooth performance
  • Excellent Audio/Video quality
  • Support for the latest formats and streaming standards
  • Improved Alexa Remote
  • Simple to setup
  • Much better than the cheap Chinese android boxes Or even a better alternative to enigma 2 boxes.
Cons
  • No proper YouTube application
  • Search in third-party apps needs to get better
  • No google playstore obviously
  • You wil;l have to use the mouse toggle app in some apps which is not very nice.
Overall it is worth considering a firestick if you buy one in a Black Friday sale or something with a substantial discount. Otherwise it may be worth paying a extra £20 for the Buzz Firestick or a mid range Formuler box. I would also advise getting a enthernet adapter so you can create a wired connection.
Just one correction. They did fix the youtube (once google amazon became friends again) so there is a proper working youtube app which allows casting from your phone. It has come in pretty handy.

This thread is solely for members to post a review for a device they have or have had and their personal views on it's use.
It should be based on the following as basic information.
Do not post loads of specs as members can obtain these if needed but instead, should be a summary of the following.
Price range in 3 groups of less than £50............£51 to £80................and £81 plus
Ease of use including the remote.
Basic storage included and ability to increase it.
Speed of working/channel changing etc.
Version of Android it supports.
Does it support the basic apps especially downloader to install other iptv apps as some versions don't.
What was it's good points and bad points.
Are you still using it and would you buy it again.
Suggest one other device and an opinion that you would compare it to.
You can add/offer other information but don't waffle and keep it clear and concise.
DO NOT DO MULTIPLE REVIEWS ON THE SAME DEVICES or comments such as "i agree as i have that device! !
Multiple reviews will be allowed if you have different opinions/experiences to add.
DO NOT STATE WEBSITES WHERE TO PURCHASE THE ITEM YOU HAVE REVIEWED.
If we find this is worthwhile then we may run the same for Enigma boxes.
I have an android Z8 pro box. i think it was a little pricey @ $130 USD, but I think it is pretty damn good. So much so I bought another for my bedroom and yet another for my daughter’s bedroom. The only problem is that it is an android system and all my devices are IOS, ie. iphone, iPad and MAC. But I just needed to set up a google account and go to the google play store(on my iPad) and I could download whatever I wanted from there to my boxes. There is a google play store under my apps on my box however it is difficult using the remote to navigate on the website. All in all it is an awesome box

Minix U22-XJ

approx £130-£160 android 9 box

IR remote with basic scrolling functions and settings, volume control( cannot control any other devices but a good remote for an android box)
I would suggest an airmouse would make scrolling and selecting on some apps easier. In fact some apps you cannot use without an airmouse to point and click with.
easy to use box for IPTV, not good for netflix or prime video as only SD output supported. But for IPTV it is lightening quick and the display is brilliant supports HDR and Dolby Vision.

Basic storage included and ability to increase it.
32gb internal/ 4gb DDR and ability to add USB storage

I use tivimate mainly, but have tried xciptv and Smarters. Channel switching in tivimate is so fast just like a normal Sly or VM box.

Android 9 supported and with regular OTA updates.

Can download anything that you would install on am android device

Good points:
• great quality picture
• fast box can handle anything I've thrown at it onc 4k 60fps, I watch IPTV on Fhd 60fps no issues!
• as any android box it's versatile

Bad points
• pricing- expensive and for this price Ive heard the Nvidia shield pro is better option due to upscaling.
• HDMI issues occasionally drops out or there is a purple tint but is fixed by reinserting hdmi cable (rare occurrence but worth the mention)

I am still using it but I also have a firestick 4k on the other room. Compared to the firestick which is approx £30-£50. I would say firestick is better VFM. However the Minix can display some IPTV channels in Fhd 50 FPS and those same channels are only fhd 25fps on firestick. Some channels on firestick do display in 50/60 FPS so don't know why that happens.

In nutshell Minix is a great box of your an android enthusiast, it can handle everything! But for the price I would suggest you get a firestick 4k if all your looking to do is streaming.

Last edited:
Buzz 4k firestick.

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago for the price although bazz paints a good review overall you would be better off with a firestick.

If you already have a buzz box and like the app it could be the box for you.

And if you like the feel of a full tv control again this box could be for you.

But overall I would say the firestick Is probably more versatile and there is no real noticeable difference in performance.

Just purchased a
ANDROID TV BOX MECOOL KM6 DELUXE EDITION Specification
CPU: Amlogic S905X4 Quad core ARM Cortex-A55
GPU: Mail-G31 MP2
RAM: 4GB
ROM: 64GB
Wifi: 2.4G/5G 2T2R 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax
BT: 5.0
Ethernet: RJ45 10/100/1000 M

Great little box, specs are above as don't want to waffle on about them but in a nutshell, it has the latest Mali chip.
The box is wifi 6 so my speeds are excellent
Performance wise, as it has 4 gb ram and 64gb storage.
it runs 4k 60fps with ease.
The box is official andriod TV so no stock android running so the homepage looks exactly the same as you would see on a nvidia shield, the reason for my purchase was to basically just see how it ran for the price and i have to say it runs very very well, it will play whatever you throw at it, only negative is it doesn't have a dedicated netflix app but this can be sideloaded to the box, but for most on here I'm guessing that is not a problem.
Youtube/disney +/amazon prime all run in the highest quality.
Runs kodi and plex absolutely fine with no buffering, I even played a 90 gb film and it played it perfectly (on wireless connection also)
The remote is a Bluetooth remote which is very responsive, it has a dedicated amazon/youtube button which will take you to the app.
I purchased from mecool website and the price is around 110 dollars but I paid for express shipping which was 40 dollars so all in I paid just over 110 pound and to be honest, for the price it's spectacular, all apps available on play store.

MECOOL KM6 Deluxe Features at a Glance​

• Runs Android 10.0 on Amlogic S905X4, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.
  • The Google Cast allows you to enjoy entertainment on big TV screen through a wide array of devices like a tablet, smartphone or laptop. It’s just tap and go.
  • Voice command capabilities which means you can just talk into the remote instead of punching down instructions. Simply press the voice control key to activate the voice command feature.
  • Equipped with an impressive 4GB of RAM which means high-speed performance.
  • Enjoy an H.265 supportive, Mali-G31 MP2 decoding graphics processor, which provides user with professional image processing.
  • Supports new AV1 video format.
  • Includes dual-band 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi 2T2R 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax can also support WiFi 6
  • Equipped with Gigabit LAN Interface for unfettered internet surfing.
  • HDR support, you’ll be able to enjoy high-quality and super clear 4K images with the option to add subtitles to any type of video content that you’re watching.
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • Small in size which makes it easy to place anywhere in your house.
Final thoughts

For 100 pound this box is awesome, i was really surprised with the specs and as it has the latest chip, it handles like Maradona, i own a nvidia shield and its the best box hands down IMO but for the price this is very well made.

I will link the website if anyone would like to have a browse. It's the $109.99 one.

Thanks (y)

MECOOL KM6

Just purchased a
ANDROID TV BOX MECOOL KM6 DELUXE EDITION Specification
CPU: Amlogic S905X4 Quad core ARM Cortex-A55
GPU: Mail-G31 MP2
RAM: 4GB
ROM: 64GB
Wifi: 2.4G/5G 2T2R 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax
BT: 5.0
Ethernet: RJ45 10/100/1000 M

Great little box, specs are above as don't want to waffle on about them but in a nutshell, it has the latest Mali chip.
The box is wifi 6 so my speeds are excellent
Performance wise, as it has 4 gb ram and 64gb storage.
it runs 4k 60fps with ease.
The box is official andriod TV so no stock android running so the homepage looks exactly the same as you would see on a nvidia shield, the reason for my purchase was to basically just see how it ran for the price and i have to say it runs very very well, it will play whatever you throw at it, only negative is it doesn't have a dedicated netflix app but this can be sideloaded to the box, but for most on here I'm guessing that is not a problem.
Youtube/disney +/amazon prime all run in the highest quality.
Runs kodi and plex absolutely fine with no buffering, I even played a 90 gb film and it played it perfectly (on wireless connection also)
The remote is a Bluetooth remote which is very responsive, it has a dedicated amazon/youtube button which will take you to the app.
I purchased from mecool website and the price is around 110 dollars but I paid for express shipping which was 40 dollars so all in I paid just over 110 pound and to be honest, for the price it's spectacular, all apps available on play store.

MECOOL KM6 Deluxe Features at a Glance​

• Runs Android 10.0 on Amlogic S905X4, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.
  • The Google Cast allows you to enjoy entertainment on big TV screen through a wide array of devices like a tablet, smartphone or laptop. It’s just tap and go.
  • Voice command capabilities which means you can just talk into the remote instead of punching down instructions. Simply press the voice control key to activate the voice command feature.
  • Equipped with an impressive 4GB of RAM which means high-speed performance.
  • Enjoy an H.265 supportive, Mali-G31 MP2 decoding graphics processor, which provides user with professional image processing.
  • Supports new AV1 video format.
  • Includes dual-band 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi 2T2R 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax can also support WiFi 6
  • Equipped with Gigabit LAN Interface for unfettered internet surfing.
  • HDR support, you’ll be able to enjoy high-quality and super clear 4K images with the option to add subtitles to any type of video content that you’re watching.
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • Small in size which makes it easy to place anywhere in your house.
Final thoughts

For 100 pound this box is awesome, i was really surprised with the specs and as it has the latest chip, it handles like Maradona, i own a nvidia shield and its the best box hands down IMO but for the price this is very well made.

I will link the website if anyone would like to have a browse. It's the $109.99 one.

Thanks (y)

MECOOL KM6
Not bad for £80 bud specs look really decent on it and the h.265 is a bonus.
Just been looking at there is 2 others aswell but obviously not same specs keep me updated bud as maybe a good investment

Looks simular size to those cheap Chinese imports lol or size of my Buzz box which is small but if it does what you want then it's a bargain buy bud
Yeah I didn't think it would be that size mate, it was worth a punt for the price but I'm glad I got it, I'll do an update in a months time once it's had some wear and see how it holds up, but all the reviews I looked at really rated it but I suppose I'll only really know once I hammer it with apps and usage

I have a tivo stream stick 4k. Picked it up on Amazon.com for *£35 in a sale. (*Including shipping from US to Ireland)

Loved it so much I bought 3 more after 👍

This stick is a fab piece of kit. Basically it's same stats and home screen as shield but for 1/5 of price. I bought it for the spare rooms but it's actually been my main device for the past 2 months in the sitting room. I love the remote, some don't though.

To get it up and running you need a tivo account. Took me all of 2 mins to set up. I think I used the empire state building address and phone number 👍

Yeah I’ve got a fair few amiko a6 for mates and family
I've just bought one...
Checked it's all set-up, connects to the internet, url correct. It says, login failed, when using the MyTV App.
Is there a different App anyone can suggest?
Regards.

I've just bought one...
Checked it's all set-up, connects to the internet, url correct. It says, login failed, when using the MyTV App.
Regards.
Are you trying with username and password or max

I've just bought one...
Regards.
Either the URL is wrong or you added username and password while not required fir Mac based address as it should end with "/c" in general. Or your provider locked your country falsely or your internet provider may be blocking and VPN may be needed.
You can also try with app as the amiko has Aptoide TV and you can download the "downloader" usually found in Firesticks and ask your provider to give you his own app if available

Reactions: PCM
Either the URL is wrong or you added username and password while not required fir Mac based address as it should end with "/c" in general. Or your provider locked your country falsely or your internet provider may be blocking and VPN may be needed.
You can also try with app as the amiko has Aptoide TV and you can download the "downloader" usually found in Firesticks and ask your provider to give you his own app if available
True but wouldn’t use a 3rd party app on amiko

Reactions: PCM
Well he has bought a new box have you told your provider as the mac address won't be the same.

Back