Android Box

tsmiggy

Hi. I have had a few Android Boxes, used for IPTV, and i appreciate they are not a expensive item to buy. But they do not seem the most reliable. So if i want a more reliable unit, without spending hundreds of pounds, what do i look for.

Hi. I have had a few Android Boxes, used for IPTV, and i appreciate they are not a expensive item to buy. But they do not seem the most reliable. So if i want a more reliable unit, without spending hundreds of pounds, what do i look for.
I have HK1 Box Android 9 TV Box 2021 - 4Gb RAM + 64Gb ROM Amlogic S905X3 WiFi/Bluetooth I had one of these Android boxes for the last 3 months not a bad box or go with a 4K fire stick

Nothing at all wrong with cheap android boxes, most are well capable of running iptv. If you're wanting to upgrade, 4k Fire Stick is probably the next step up, if you want to spend a bit more look at formuler devices, amiko, or Nvidia Shield. All depends on your budget.

Nothing at all wrong with cheap android boxes, most are well capable of running iptv. If you're wanting to upgrade, 4k Fire Stick is probably the next step up, if you want to spend a bit more look at formuler devices, amiko, or Nvidia Shield. All depends on your budget.
Shield is out of question as the op said don't want to spend hundreds.
The updates to Amiko boxes has improved if wanting record feature could also look at the buzz Vidstick aswell.

quote from op (So if i want a more reliable unit, without spending hundreds of pounds, what do i look for.)

Covered so many times but depends on your budget most of all what you willing to shell out.

Firesticks, formuler boxes, buzz devices, cube these are all good devices for running IPTV

Shield is the main device for IPTV etc and the most expensive. If you budget extends that far you could look into this.

Best app I have found for iptv is mytvonline2 ( Formuler). But not necessarily the best box regards price.

Shield is out of question as the op said don't want to spend hundreds.
The updates to Amiko boxes has improved if wanting record feature could also look at the buzz Vidstick aswell.

quote from op (So if i want a more reliable unit, without spending hundreds of pounds, what do i look for.)

Strictly speaking a shield doesn't cost hundreds, it costs one hundred and something.

Amiko a6 is very good value for money the built in MyTV is very capable not up the with MyTvonline 2 but its good. Around £60 the A6

Yeah the lack of ram does not seems to hinder it though.

The formuler Alpha and Neo also have just 1 gig of ram.

If you go for the Amiko A6N Max that has 2 gig of ram.
My good lady uses a Neo in her office.. never had an issue. Remote is pretty basic but £70.00 running mytvonline2, was a bargain..

Old box now but a formuler z7+ still one of my favourite boxes of all time. You can pick them up fairly cheap now. They are extremely reliable.

Ugoos am6 plus wipes the floor with most boxes but you really can't beat a 4K firestick for size / performance. The FireTV 2 box is a good fast box for its age as well and is arm64 compared to all the other boxes that only have armv7 (32bit basically).

As the other boys have said depends how deep your hand will dig into your pocket

Old box now but a formuler z7+ still one of my favourite boxes of all time. You can pick them up fairly cheap now. They are extremely reliable.
If ur selling one mike, drop me a message. After a formuler box with mol2 for the bedroom, just something that can run me my channels.

Back