Anyone been watching IPTV Sport without a VPN? - well your ISP will know all about it now....

The January link you've posted is from 2017 which is probably irrelevant in today's climate
That is when warning letters were being sent out so it is relevant.

Whenever sports resume be it late this year, blocks will be back in place for live sports.
The Premier League's blocking injunction has only been applied up to now on streaming servers and not end users as far as I know.

A big push has been made by the rights holders i.e Sly/BT in recent years to target pubs who illegally show sports via dodgy boxes to entice customers. These prosecutions are easy pickings, profitable and are always highly publicised in local papers.

Streaming servers have been located outside UK court orders IE Dublin and the IOM so cannot be blocked by DDoS.

The only blocks that can be made is to end users IMO. :unsure:

Yes (y)
IPTV suppliers just need to allow VPNs in future - most don't. The whole point of this thread is to make members aware that end users could be targets in future.

I have read some providers have VPNs on their end meaning that the end user isnt likely to get blocked.

How true that is compared to end user having VPN on their end im not sure.

Different IP providers police the Premier leagues court order differently. TTalk for instance earn their money by providing broadband and phone services so they will will give minimum attention to policing it. @stuss for instance spends a lot of money with his IP anyway so they will not want to lose his custom.

The court order what was put in place was for end users isp to block them hence vpn would work if its end user isp but if it was providers been ddos attacked then no vpn would work

The isp's have to make it look like they're policing it for the premier league but are not really interested in doing so, they gain nothing from it and stand to lose customers and revenue.
PL will be wanting figures and results regularly from them and they have to provide it, no doubt some of it will be fake but the odd one or two here and there will be real, clients booted off after repeated warnings.
Basically they are keeping it to a bare minimum as they couldn't GAF

It's an idiotic idea. The prem league got this injunction then had to force isp's to implement it (after a long time) as they completely ignored it for ages . Strong-arm tactics like this never work in the long run, but prem league have no other way of working it, apart from the pubs being clamped down as mentioned earlier. Normal household users are a waste of time pursuing but they like to spread scare tactics as some people may fall for it.

I know of one guy he is petrified of illegally streaming and downloading because he thinks they will come after him.

No matter how much I tell him chances of that happening is slim he doesn't budge from his point of view.

So yes scare tactics certainly works on some.

90% of legislation works the same way, not enforced but there to scare people into complying.
If someone wants to do something whether legal or not, they often just do it, often for years or decades at a time and never get dusted for it.
A few months ago I seen a crackhead stealing steaks in Aldi, I told one of the staff and by the time I got to checkout they were making him empty his pockets, he had about £200 worth of fillet steaks and rump etc.
It was only when I was getting in the car I thought I should have let him get away with it then robbed him blind in the carpark, a punch in the throat would have seen him off , he was pale grey and 5 stone

Different IP providers police the Premier leagues court order differently. TTalk for instance earn their money by providing broadband and phone services so they will will give minimum attention to policing it. @stuss for instance spends a lot of money with his IP anyway so they will not want to lose his custom.
I take preventive measures most of it is common sence related..
True I give nothing away, in a open forum. But always willing to help others. Most of what I learned was of a site I used called "Soulseek" back in 2000 and members off sites, such as Techkings.
My only expense is the Mrs..

Last edited:
BeeT broadcast Prem league games now in full HD @ 50 FPS which is what I can get from my IPTV provider. I would think that a broadband spike of 20+ MPS would be created while watching one. That would be noticeable, time traceable and recorded. :whistle:

There always gona struggle to do you for live streaming as anyone in household could click an internet link to watch live games...completely different from downloading

When SLY asked me to monitor and note times speed and tell them the times it was like me monitoring them monitoring me. They could drop my broadband down during live play but I couldn't explain what I was doing at that time without giving the game away.

With anything you do you have to be careful.

Breaking the law in some way or another has been done by all of us and will continue to be the case.

If I remember rightly some one did post some time back about getting a letter from their isp stating what they had downloaded and what site was used was a new release movie they downloaded lol

According to Torrent Freak So-called “copyright trolls” use ‘mafia-like‘ practices, and well over 150,000 Internet subscribers are believed to have been targeted many from the UK. In recent years, millions of file-sharers all over the world have been pressed to pay hefty settlement fees, or face their day in court.
Accused Pirate Walks Free After Bank Statements Show he Was Not at Home * TorrentFreak

Would Elon Musk SpaceX programme be cheaper more efficient Broadband,?

Back