Anyone looking foward to trhe ashes

Like someone said earlier ,one of the worst England batting lineups in recent years ! so what fuckwit wins the toss and decides to bat ???

Like someone said earlier ,one of the worst England batting lineups in recent years ! so what fuckwit wins the toss and decides to bat ???
I think it was more just to get a first innings score on the board and having in the back of their minds if the test goes to day 4 or 5 and pitch starts changing a bit and helping the spinners then they would have a slight advantage.

Last time a England captain won the toss on this ground and decided to bowl was Nasser Hussain. Aussies finished the day 364-2 and Nas got reminded of it everyday of his life since lol. Root was never going to bowl. But should we be all out for 100 or less it will go down in history lol

Last time a England captain won the toss on this ground and decided to bowl was Nasser Hussain. Aussies finished the day 364-2 and Nas got reminded of it everyday of his life since lol. Root was never going to bowl. But should we be all out for 100 or less it will go down in history lol

I rather they right now feel the ball, get used to the pitch and conditions and let the ball get old.

Even being 100-150 at close of play I will be happy with even someone like stokes is still there.

Yes I remember that, but Nasser Hussain was inmo was a shit captain and to start this match leaving Anderson and Broad out was /is a massive mistake, if they were picked would have still put them in and I get channelkings point about trying to get a score on the boards then bring spinners into play but we've only got one in Jack whatsisface

Yes I remember that, but Nasser Hussain was inmo was a shit captain and to start this match leaving Anderson and Broad out was /is a massive mistake, if they were picked would have still put them in and I get channelkings point about trying to get a score on the boards then bring spinners into play but we've only got one in Jack whatsisface

Get it mate and get where your coming from.

Can understand why some would have wanted England to bowl first as the conditions are great for the seamers than normal at the Gabba.

But statistics, history etc all play a part so dont blame Root for choosing to bat first.

Get it mate and get where your coming from.

Can understand why some would have wanted England to bowl first as the conditions are great for the seamers than normal at the Gabba.

But statistics, history etc all play a part so dont blame Root for choosing to bat first.
Love Root to death (even though he's yorkshire) so don't totally blame him I think fuckwits above him put ideas in his napper (head)

Love Root to death (even though he's yorkshire) so don't totally blame him I think fuckwits above him put ideas in his napper (head)

Yorkshire CC dont even want to go there but has left a sour test in my mouth all that that happened there.

In regards to Anderson and Broad I agree if both were fully fit then forget their age they should have been in that team. Period.

Get as much use as you can from these two masters as its almost certain it will be their last Ashes series, well it will be for Anderson.

Think you might be right, lol I'd take a ton all out now.

Bias aside its absolutely top quality bowling from the Aussies.

Bowling attack we have isnt even as good as the Aussies. Even more massive losses Anderson and Broad are.

Robinson will be majorly tested in an Ashes series, Woods injury concerns bother me as he wont have long spells. Too much burden will be on Woakes and even Stokes who rarely has bowled much over last 18 months or so.

Bias aside its absolutely top quality bowling from the Aussies.

Bowling attack we have isnt even as good as the Aussies. Even more massive losses Anderson and Broad are.

Robinson will be majorly tested in an Ashes series, Woods injury concerns bother me as he wont have long spells. Too much burden will be on Woakes and even Stokes who rarely has bowled much over last 18 months or so.
Totally agree, so begs the question "who makes these decisions" and its not Root, ( Lions led by donkeys )

Totally agree, so begs the question "who makes these decisions" and its not Root, ( Lions led by donkeys )

Selectors at the top have been a joke for a long time. Look at the state of our domestic first class game. We arent producing quality cricketers to come through to the main team anymore.

I cant even put my finger on who we could bring in at the top or in the middle order of the team if it came to changes let alone bowlers other than Anderson and Broad. Says it all tbh.

Not related to the Ashes as such but saw the last few hours of the bangladesh /pakistan test match and WOW what a bloody and magnificent performance from Pakistan and a memorable one at that in a rain affected test to win it on the last day is a great great achievement.

Aussies will be a much sterner test in 3 months time but they are moving in the right direction it seems in tests after a long time.

Prediction for today. Aus get a lead of 250ish. England bowled out before the end of the day and Aussies win by a innings. Won't go into the fourth day.

Back