Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

basejumper

TK Veteran
A relative was due to go on a 25th Wedding anniversary cruise but has decided to cancel and lose his deposit.
A friend was going to go to Cheltenham this week but cancelled.
Friends of mine work on oil and gas platforms and are looking for work in the UK now.
A friend has cancelled his annual Summer trip to Center Parcs.

I got trips to France booked for late March and September
Not sure the ferry company will be operational as they've emailed a few times about cabins and ventilation on board etc, apparently the system uses recycled air and they have to swap it over to fresh air so no idea whether this will be done or not

I'm guessing this is no longer scaremongering? Countries across Europe playing football behind closed doors and we still continue to let the crowds spread. A wise tekker said it was coming and now we have to deal with it. The stats today just show how quickly it will grow and it will only get worse.

I'm guessing this is no longer scaremongering? Countries across Europe playing football behind closed doors and we still continue to let the crowds spread. A wise tekker said it was coming and now we have to deal with it. The stats today just show how quickly it will grow and it will only get worse.

Makes absolute sense with the footy tho, cramming that amount of people into a stadium seems a bit silly.

Yeh I feel as I said in another thread we’ll have thousands over here soon enough but it depends on how we handle it. A lot is reliant on people not being stupid.

I wouldn't say scaremongering really - just people being cautious and sensible. People who work away from home have a hard decision to make. People who have booked holidays can just cancel.

The holiday issue takes care of itself, I work in the jet a1 delivery to airports and believe you me the volumes are plummeting. You can be as cautious as you wish but we have a major problem on our hands which is spreading at a rate of knots. This is now serious and its only my opinion, but until a vaccine is found this is big sh#t

Its starting to hit now in Dublin as restaurants are not as busy with less than 1/2 people coming in and staff told no work,schools and creches might have to close.Great idea cancel the Patricks day parade and pack the pubs.Temple bar was packed with Italians and i can see the crap happening and getting much larger.
When do i feel sick as feel crap most of the time now.Every day brings us closer to the end is near.

Just had 2 work days cancelled.

Get in
It might seem a novelty at first but when half the country can't work through illness, or looking after kids as schools are closed or workplace being decontaminated it will probably get a bit monotonous, especially when the pennies start getting a bit tight.
This thing is going to be huge.
Human history will be split into two parts, the period 'before coronavirus' and the time since

Next few weeks will be daunting to say the least if cases start piling up.

Of course it will have a major affect on peoples lives especially financially.

Wouldnt surprise me if some are building underground bunkers.

Friend supposed to go Italy in may as been cancelled I’m away in October with the family for two weeks just praying we can make it!

Anyone seen the news? the government has just went into meltdown, Nadine Dorries has Corona, how many more are shitting themselves?

Back