Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

hkphooey

TK Veteran
Just thought would put this out there, my experience before having to use a VPN, ( by the way I have tried lots) now using supposedly the best Nord, everything was pretty much mint channels FHD, HD weekends weekdays streams were great, don't get me wrong odd hiccup but very rarely was it buffering.
Now since the need for VPN's I have had nothing but issues though I'm still on around 30MB with it on the buffering is horrendous mainly weekdays during BT footy matches??? im starting to believe the use of VPNs is being throttled I'm not sure how but I'm sure SLY are somehow now throttling speeds during VPN connection at peak times.
This all seems to be a throwback to the old days of torrents and fair usage policy !!!
Does anyone have any thoughts? I've been toying with trying BT the price difference is a lot on my ever-increasing outgoings so was wanting to know if this is a similar issue with them? seeking help from suppliers we get the "clear cahe" on app etc and restart the router turn it off for ten minutes etc, doesn't really help as i do this fairly regularly, i also use my own router always have for over 10 years since being with Sly , always have binned their routers.
Just interested in people's views i know its not the supplier's end as their groups would be full of people complaining which they are not.

Personally I havnt had to use a vpn for iptv not at a weekend or through week don't see point if providers know what they are doing(lol)
Everyone will get the odd buffer stutter on selected channels usually a restart of stream fixes it or general maintenance which as you put you do regular. And also a move of streams to balance servers can also cause a buffer or freeze.
I've been with sly years I've only just decided to leave them today to go to now broadband.

I dont think VPNs are being throttled, speeds can be affected amongst other things which affects buffering etc with IPTV.

Its always best to try different locations closest to see if anything improves. Locations which are considered the best are Netherlands, Ireland, Isle of man (if this is included in the VPN)

But again this may be different for each individual in terms of the results.

It's not all about speed, bandwidth and ping are also an issue.
The other variable with using a VPN is a possible bottleneck on whatever VPN server you are connected to.

The other variable with using a VPN is a possible bottleneck on whatever VPN server you are connected to.
Really good point mate not many vpn servers tell you how full it is

Really good point mate not many vpn servers tell you how full it is
Cheers guys all interesting points, ive been using iptv for a long time now and most of this i have tried i usually can get around things no issue but this has really got me stumped.
Im forever trying the location changes lol when this occurs, Nord UK never ever works, mainly Netherlands Germany, and France, again Ireland not doing it for me.
During the day all is good, this is the thing im home working so watching it then, this BT sport thing seems to be the cause but why i dont know, i also thought try using a lesser known VPN which i have Vulture, Digibit and Monster all were worse then Nord.
CL game nights and BT PL games are when the s**t hits the fan which is really odd.
oh well ill keep going there might be something that clicks one day

Did think maybe was the app i use the superb tivimate but get the same issue on the suppliers apps and others also.

I thoguht this too i had a one-point 3 active VPN's and use to try each one when it started, now just have the 2 Nord and digibit but same results whichever i use, digibit has gone downhill a lot imo use to be great but not now.

Personally I havnt had to use a vpn for iptv not at a weekend or through week don't see point if providers know what they are doing(lol)
Everyone will get the odd buffer stutter on selected channels usually a restart of stream fixes it or general maintenance which as you put you do regular. And also a move of streams to balance servers can also cause a buffer or freeze.
I've been with sly years I've only just decided to leave them today to go to now broadband.
Wow they look good mate, and same price im paying sky wonder what theya re like???

When using a VPN your speeds can drop quite a bit. Minimum is normally 10% however, on the weekends it can be upto 50%.

I tried nord it took my speeds down from 215 meg to 30 meg

I have also found the speeds drop more òn my buzz stick compared to sheild

So there are many factors involved I have found PIA or Cyber Ghost are good VPNs for people on VM,BT and talktalk.

Wow they look good mate, and same price im paying sky wonder what theya re like???
Its sky's sister company mate but bt won't do the work required for us to have better fibre so left my contract free of charge and signed up to them today

Its sky's sister company mate but bt won't do the work required for us to have better fibre so left my contract free of charge and signed up to them today
You may get city fibre do the work or Vodafone.

In my area we can get BT or VM full fibre however, down the road it is a choice between Vodafone and VM. And near my sister it is city fibre or VM

All of this is within a 5 mile radius

You may get city fibre do the work or Vodafone.

In my area we can get BT or VM full fibre however, down the road it is a choice between Vodafone and VM. And near my sister it is city fibre or VM

All of this is within a 5 mile radius
We havnt got full fibre roll out yet mate about another 18-24 months before we get it basically the copper underground is knackered and with full fibre roll out they won't pay to put new in to rip it out and do same again

When using a VPN your speeds can drop quite a bit. Minimum is normally 10% however, on the weekends it can be upto 50%.

I tried nord it took my speeds down from 215 meg to 30 meg

I have also found the speeds drop more òn my buzz stick compared to sheild

So there are many factors involved I have found PIA or Cyber Ghost are good VPNs for people on VM,BT and talktalk.
im on sky tried about 8 vpns now from approx 70mb down to 20/30 on nord might try cyber ghost, not sure if it will be any different

as Now tv bb is sky i take it i will get same issues

I stopped using vpn as had to change channels a few times during games, since dropping vpn it’s been as good as can be . Don’t rule anything out , might be worth getting a few trials as a test.

yes
Its there sister company mate has your provider actually said you need a vpn
sadly if you have sky it has to be VPN ive been with them for over 5 years they are really good other then this issue this is the problem i have had trials and no one has the UK heavy channels selection like them from what i have tried so far and ten to be resellers , i gave up after trying about 10 trials they were horrendous lol

I thinks ISP's are tracking end user traffic and disrupting their streaming at football match times. Regardless of using a vpn, I think they already know who the illegal streamers are and target them.

Mine's been fine lately but has some issues before that were the same times as you using different devices, different iptv subs, different vpn servers and different vpn providers, then when I switched to EE 4g WiFi hotspot instead of using my Sky broadband, the problems stopped.

yes

sadly if you have sky it has to be VPN ive been with them for over 5 years they are really good other then this issue this is the problem i have had trials and no one has the UK heavy channels selection like them from what i have tried so far and ten to be resellers , i gave up after trying about 10 trials they were horrendous lol
Ahh providers blocking sky isp when it's vm that applied for new court order to follow end users traffic lol I must be lucky as no isp blocked by my provider

Yes easily said then done, the amount of resellers I have gone through and others worse, I agree I am sure disruption is being caused as can't be a coincidence of the times it's happening for me.
Heavy UK FHD and HD is what I have and it takes some beating, its that good maybe have to put up with this disruption but its getting on my tits now.

Yes easily said then done, the amount of resellers I have gone through and others worse, I agree I am sure disruption is being caused as can't be a coincidence of the times it's happening for me.
Heavy UK FHD and HD is what I have and it takes some beating, its that good maybe have to put up with this disruption but its getting on my tits now.
Nothing wrong with some resellers mate who are in direct contact with the owners so when problems arise they can sort asap some won't even be resellers some will be sub sellers who sell for a reseller so takes longer for problems to be sorted

Back