Are we stuck with VPN use forever?

I use it on Xtream Editor using the built in XE vpn and works perfectly .Installed on various boxes Zgemma, Vu+ Duo 2, Vu+ Ultimo using open atv 7.2.Python 3.

With having BT as an ISP, I've been using Nord whenever I use IPTV, otherwise buffering is pretty rough. I'm assuming all IPTV providers don't care if a customer uses a VPN or not??

With having BT as an ISP, I've been using Nord whenever I use IPTV, otherwise buffering is pretty rough. I'm assuming all IPTV providers don't care if a customer uses a VPN or not??
Some care if using a vpn or not but then there’s people on bt who hardly ever get any buffering at all.
Whilst using your vpn do you still get buffering??

Some care if using a vpn or not but then there’s people on bt who hardly ever get any buffering at all.
Whilst using your vpn do you still get buffering??
Using the VPN I get virtually zero buffering - even during the peak football times when watching a match. Without it then I'll get pausing every 10-15 seconds. Saying that, it also seems to depend on what country node I use. The Netherlands with Nord always sees great performance.

Using the VPN I get virtually zero buffering - even during the peak football times when watching a match. Without it then I'll get pausing every 10-15 seconds. Saying that, it also seems to depend on what country node I use. The Netherlands with Nord always sees great performance.
I always use Amsterdam

I always use Amsterdam
Yes has become my default. Need to turn if off at times because Prime Video doesn't like it, but mainly it just sits with autoconnect set-up and VPN always on. My speeds to the house aren't great (28 Mbps and with two teenage sons in the house playing Xbox) - so I tend to avoid anything 4k anyway.

Yes has become my default. Need to turn if off at times because Prime Video doesn't like it, but mainly it just sits with autoconnect set-up and VPN always on. My speeds to the house aren't great (28 Mbps and with two teenage sons in the house playing Xbox) - so I tend to avoid anything 4k anyway.
I got all Amazon and stuff with my iptv and 300mb internet so don't really have many problems.only use vpn when live football on

Is the reason some don't like you using a VPN that they can't easily track whether login details are being shared or is it another reason?
I dunno, tbh if a seller didn't allow vpn use I'd find another service as I run all my illegal streaming through vpn.

With nord you can set up split tunneling so only iptv goes through the vpn and your prime doesn't btw.

I dunno, tbh if a seller didn't allow vpn use I'd find another service as I run all my illegal streaming through vpn.

With nord you can set up split tunneling so only iptv goes through the vpn and your prime doesn't btw.
Agreed re VPN being required for illegal streaming.

Didn't know about the split tunnelling! Many thanks for that - away now to play with the settings :-)

I’m a network engineer/security Engineer by trade,

My 2p worth, these ISPs are able to see what destination IP addresses and what ports (meaning there will be ports specifically related to streaming video) are being access to stream. Therefore when a VPN is on they can only see the destination IP of the firewall in the country you’ve connected too and the ports associated with VPN traffic (such as UDP 4500), therefore the ISPs unable to see the most commonly accessed IPs for what they assume will be illegal streams.

They won’t block or throttle the IPs associated with VPN providers, as VPNs provide a much wider use purpose, for example streaming YouTube or something else, also it will be illegal to do so and the VPN companies could sue...

In my opinion using a VPN is most cases is unnecessary for the end user unless you are experiencing problems, but consider this to protect your particular service from ISPs block and throttling etc a VPN is a really good idea, as it basically hides that service within an encrypted tunnel.

Imagine if all apps related to IPTV made you first connect to a VPN before you connected your streams would be invisible to the ISPs

Lastly consider the app your using also ask your supplier about their apps, as some apps actually send traffic using encrypted methods to protect the traffic such as SSL etc..

Hopefully insightful to those less informed

Thanks.

Wow...
My 5 pound Techking initiation is already paying dividends! I had no idea about split tunneling,no more wife nagging that Prime
does not work (while running vpn).
Thanks

Back