Astra and VM. Just a couple of questions.

steoc

So I'm thinking of buying one of these Zgemma receivers. I have both Virgin Media and a SKY dish feed coming into my room. Basically I assume it's not plug and play and I've seen "line" mentioned a few times on the forum.

My question is do these require you to purchase a line to receive channels, does it require internet to work and if so do you need to use a VPN?

If you're not supposed to talk about this on the forum then can someone please drop me a PM as I have no idea how these work but I'm interested in purchasing one if I find out.

Thanks in advance.

Also hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year :)

My question is do these require you to purchase a line to receive channels? yes m8

does it require internet to work? yes m8

if so do you need to use a VPN? no m8

you can talk about it just dont list sellers
h2h is a old box now, spend a bit more and get something more up to date

Thanks for the replies. Just wondering whether to go with a dual tuner model since I have both feeds. I won't list any sellers lol.

I cancelled VM at 36 euro a month and that was without sports or movies which was a bit steep imo. Definitely interested in learning more about how this works. It's 8 years since I've last messed around with the old cable boxes and used to know what I was doing back then. I had "The Box Super" lol.

ah, Euros,
I see your a Jack ;)
ROI VM lines are harder to come by
if you get a box with twin cable tuners you can record one channel while watching another,
you can also get twin sat tuners, or a combination,
my box has 2 sat tuners and one cable tuner

i dont think there is anything on the sat side that you cant get on the cable side

but i dont think zgemma do a only cable box which is half new

but go for a twin cable if on budget and i mean budget go with the h3.2tc, got a bit of money h5.2tc (i would pick this) loads of money h7

i dont think there is anything on the sat side that you cant get on the cable side

but go for a twin cable if on budget and i mean budget go with the h3.2tc, got a bit of money h5.2tc (i would pick this) loads of money h7

Isn’t the only difference between the H2H and the H3.2tc the extra tuner? What would you suggest for the ultimate cable box?

ah, Euros,
I see your a Jack ;)
ROI VM lines are harder to come by
if you get a box with twin cable tuners you can record one channel while watching another,
you can also get twin sat tuners, or a combination,
my box has 2 sat tuners and one cable tuner

Yeah I only have the one sat feed in my room but it wouldn't do any harm to have the room for upgrade by having the extra tuner.

This probably sounds dumb, but is having VM internet and using a VM line on it a bad idea lol?

Thanks. I was looking at the h3.2tc just before I got this reply but I'll see how money works.

Not at all. However there’s a good chance card sharing for cable will be coming to a end at some point next year just a heads up.

yea pretty much thats why i say a budget, as its going to be as slow as the h2h and its old

ultimate cable box no answer to that really

the €50 box with do the same as the €400 box, just a but slower but still the same job

also this can end at end at any time, but could be 10 years from now, do you want to put €400 in to a box, plenty do mind lol

i have the h7 and h5.2tc, prefer the h5.2tc, tiny bit slower, not that you notice, only when rebooting the box

but there is plenty of other boxes out there

yea pretty much thats why i say a budget, as its going to be as slow as the h2h and its old

ultimate cable box no answer to that really

the €50 box with do the same as the €400 box, just a but slower but still the same job

also this can end at end at any time, but could be 10 years from now, do you want to put €400 in to a box, plenty do mind lol

i have the h7 and h5.2tc, prefer the h5.2tc, tiny bit slower, not that you notice, only when rebooting the box

but there is plenty of other boxes out there

With the h7 being 4K with a cable line do you get any 4K channels? Just wondering. How much faster is the H7 than the H2H I’ve had a H2H for a while maybe due a upgrade.

there is no channels in the uk anyway
dont know where you are, there maybe in your country

the h2h is near 4/5 years old (?) i would say

i had a h2s and i used ti mess about with skins and when restarting the gui it would take 32seconds to to do that
the h7 is about 10 seconds max

but when using the box you dont see it much

there is no channels in the uk anyway
dont know where you are, there maybe in your country

the h2h is near 4/5 years old (?) i would say

i had a h2s and i used ti mess about with skins and when restarting the gui it would take 32seconds to to do that
the h7 is about 10 seconds max

but when using the box you dont see it much

Oh I see so it’s nearly 3X as fast. Not too bad. Shame there’s no 4K content though.

i myself would go for a box that is more future proof like swappable tuners and ended up with et 10000 2 x sat and 2 cable tuners +iptv ready with twin lan ports.

ps i would not have sold you "the box super" but a digivox:grin:.
for vm cable you will need a live vm feed [paying for it would say you wont get cut off ]

i keep things simple no makeup needed on box no picons

i myself would go for a box that is more future proof like swappable tuners and ended up with et 10000 2 x sat and 2 cable tuners +iptv ready with twin lan ports.

ps i would not have sold you "the box super" but a digivox:grin:.
for vm cable you will need a live vm feed [paying for it would say you wont get cut off ]

i keep things simple no makeup needed on box no picons

Well I'm paying for their internet so I will always have the live feed and I hung the sky dish up myself last week :)

Is it worth my while buying one of these you think? At least if I do pay by the month it's only one month if it stops working rather than a full year.

follow cactikids advice,you won't go far wrong, cable c/s may go tits up , lots of UK users awaiting what happens there at end of January, only time will tell
over here in Ireland while all primary VM boxes are cardless, the old upc horizon, I'm sure u had one, however they're still pumping out multiroom boxes,
at a discount til last month 5 euro per month, which come with a viewing card. Get yourself a basic box, if you even get 4 months out of it, you won't lose out. There's a few VM Ireland suppliers, on here & elsewhere, you can get 6 months with some, there are others that you would need give a wide berth, thankfully they're not on here. Did you haggle with VM re your BB? they're losing custom hand over fist over here, worth a go if u get 3/6 month discount on your BB

follow cactikids advice,you won't go far wrong, cable c/s may go tits up , lots of UK users awaiting what happens there at end of January, only time will tell
over here in Ireland while all primary VM boxes are cardless, the old upc horizon, I'm sure u had one, however they're still pumping out multiroom boxes,
at a discount til last month 5 euro per month, which come with a viewing card. Get yourself a basic box, if you even get 4 months out of it, you won't lose out. There's a few VM Ireland suppliers, on here & elsewhere, you can get 6 months with some, there are others that you would need give a wide berth, thankfully they're not on here. Did you haggle with VM re your BB? they're losing custom hand over fist over here, worth a go if u get 3/6 month discount on your BB

Yeah I had one of them slow annoying loud Horizon boxes. That's what I just cancelled. Suppose I can wait and see what happens in January but I can use the Zgemma for FTA at worst come to worst I suppose. Better than a sky box I'd imagine.

Back