Asus Router - Merlin Firmware - Advice

I have found one that works on that asus forum. But putting it on it seems a Nightmare
No it is easy, honest. If you have found a Merlin Firmware that works, just follow the instructions above. It will still recognise all of your devices once re-booted.

@userlee5267 I have just looked at your router type it is a DSL I don't think they support Merlin

Here is the list of current Asus routers that you can put Merlin firmware on.

ModelStableBeta
RT-AC68U384.19386.1 beta 4
RT-AC88U384.19386.1 beta 4
RT-AC3100384.19386.1 beta 4
RT-AC5300384.19386.1 beta 4
RT-AC86U384.19386.1 beta 4
RT-AX56U384.18386.1 beta 4
RT-AX58U384.19386.1 beta 4
RT-AX86Unone386.1 beta 4
RT-AX88U384.19386.1 beta 3
GT-AC2900none386.1 beta 4
No longer supported:
RT-N66U380.70
RT-AC66U380.70
RT-AC56U384.6
RT-AC87U384.13_10
RT-AC3200384.13_10
Not sure if links are allowed so google gnuton for merlin firmware for dsl modem/ router ac68u

Is the router more stable with the Merlin bUild?

The asus router seems to be doing ok. Getting 70mb on 5ghz and 50mb on 2.4ghz
I don't think it's about the stability, the routers as you mentioned are fairly stable as they are. It is more about the extra functionality that the Merlin Firmware gives you. If you are happy with what you have, as they say (if it's not broke, don't fix it)!

Installed it. Never doing a update while the kids are playing fortnite again lol.

It deleted my log in details thought I had messed up. Entered them and all up and going

Cheers all gonna have a look at it now

I don't think it's about the stability, the routers as you mentioned are fairly stable as they are. It is more about the extra functionality that the Merlin Firmware gives you. If you are happy with what you have, as they say (if it's not broke, don't fix it)!

Thats right , I never used default firmware I flashed Merlin straight away so I could use Diversion on it but for me it was a bit hit and miss so I now just use Adaway on all my rooted devices

Cheers got the router going with merlin

I bought this router to replace the bt smart hub which was generally running constantly slow.

Upon setting up the asus ac68u my ping was better, my jitter was 0 and speed was nearing 80mb.

All good for a week rock steady on all devices getting a good 60 to 80mb all day and night.

Fast forward to last night its almost as if bt have done something to make it act like the bt smart hub. Jitters up to 30ms ps5 gaming is laggy, pings going up and down and speeds are 20mb to 30mb. It's as if they do something to the line. It's the same as the smart hub now.

When I phone they blame my setup etc. Which I know is right as it runs nearly 80mb constantly for 4 days. Which it did for near a year with the smart hub.

I think I'm being throttled as once that jitter goes up I suffer bad speeds.

It seems to have taken a hit since lockdown. I think there over subscribed in the exchange

They say they dont guarantee wifi. My ps5 is connected by ethernet And it wad awesome with the Asus. 10ms ping no jitter and 80mb

Now im getting 20 to 30 all day with 30ms jitter and shit pings

There Saying they dont guarantee anything after the hub. The hub shows 80mb but anything after that is crap.

But it was very good upon till Xmas time and nothings changed.

I've Messaged there CEO see how it goes

Back