Asus Router - Merlin Firmware - Advice

The Asus DSL-68U has the notorious Mediatek modem chip in it making it very unstable on the line. This can cause DLM (dynamic line management) to intervene at the cabinet in various ways to increase stability, such as enabling interleaving error correction which increases your ping, and gradually reducing your sync speed. Connecting something else will not immediately restore performance because DLM will need to see error counts drop for several days before relenting, sometimes weeks.
Have a look on the Kitz forum and search for that model. Advice is to use it in router mode only and use something else as a modem. The old Openreach Huawei HG612 (3B version) costs about £15 on the bay. These are very stable as they use Broadcom modem chips.

DSL AC68U System Log question

Asus DSL ac68u with sse broadband :: Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc. :: think broadband

It's being Sent back Monday. Might buy another router not sure which one.

Needs To be a modem router as missus will kick off with two largish routers being next to each other ha

Looking at around £100 to £140 for one

Why do I deal with currys!. Sent it back asked To refund me. All ok

Now I've Been sent another because the old one was broken wtf.

Looking back they have always been bad for me.

Ps4 broke a few days after release years ago. Boxed it up took it back asked for replacement. Wouldnt give me one Had to jump through 5 months of hell to sort it grr

Why do I deal with currys!. Sent it back asked To refund me. All ok

Now I've Been sent another because the old one was broken wtf.

Looking back they have always been bad for me.

Ps4 broke a few days after release years ago. Boxed it up took it back asked for replacement. Wouldnt give me one Had to jump through 5 months of hell to sort it grr
Curry's are rubbish mate, I feel for you! Unfortunately they are one of the only high street shops left now for this sort of stuff, and especially if you want to go and have a look before you buy. Well before all of the Covid S**t

Oh dear just had a email after speaking to currys yesterday twice. I now have 3 routers on route wtf. No call centres open and only online chat to India grr

I will have 3 routers by Friday. 3 I dont want

These routers have become sentient and are now all routing themselves to you. You are now the Pied Piper of Hamelin, but for crappy routers.

Right Sorted that out sent all 4 back ffs.

Refunded and bought the tp link vr2800

But now I'm Reading there not so good and wifi drops alot on them and if you upload anything it knocks off all the internet?

Right Sorted that out sent all 4 back ffs.

Refunded and bought the tp link vr2800

But now I'm Reading there not so good and wifi drops alot on them and if you upload anything it knocks off all the internet?
:openmouth: To be honest I would of read before buying :laughing: Your not having too much luck are you?

Was told on another Forum there good. S0 did the same thing looked for settings and come across nothing but bad news ha ha ha

Got it set up rock steady. Latest updates done

But cant get More than 40mb was getting 80mb once bt had sorted the problem in the week.

Do you think this will settle out and go up?

Back