Asus Router - Merlin Firmware - Advice

Got it set up rock steady. Latest updates done

But cant get More than 40mb was getting 80mb once bt had sorted the problem in the week.

Do you think this will settle out and go up?
dunno, but I'm having a similar issue,
recently got upgraded to fibre to the pole, and openreach reckon I should be getting a whopping 16-26meg now,
previously every provider told me it would be 16 max, and my speeds have went up from average 12 to 14 now,
my router is sitting at 14.99meg everytime I check it, so I think there is some setting locked on my router,
so I'm going to try and set up my TP Link TL-M6400 as a landline router and see if that changes it

and theres you whinging about your measly 40meg,,,,,, lol

thats weird
even tho I only get 13meg, my lad is plodding along fine on his PS5,
even when I do a speed test,
what is your ping like.? I get (usually) between 15-35

Speed tests knock iptv off too as soon as it Starts uploading?
Just found this on the web mate, looks like you are stuck with what you have for now anyway :worried:

What a lot of unsuspecting buyers might not be aware of, is that TP-Link modem/routers are not fully compatible with BT, despite splashing it all over their packaging.
If you're wanting IPv6 to work, you're out of luck! TP-Link routers only work with a /64 site prefix length, yet BT uses /56.
There's no firmware upgrade to fix this problem, TP-Link flat-out refuse to release a public firmware to fix this issue. In which case, I firmly believe they are misleading customers with certain advertising on their packaging. I don't know how this has been allowed to go on for so long?!
That aside, another major issue is with standard bandwidth control. As soon as you upload anything to anywhere, be it a video to youtube, large images to your website, large zip files etc, you will not be able to do anything else, like load a webpage or anything that involves your internet. The router simply devotes all of it's energy to the upload and says 'stuff you' to anything else. This is not a QoS issue either (I tried that, make no difference) it still happens if you put an upload a low priority. I never had this issue with an Asus router, it worked perfectly without touching any settings. Even BT's home hub doesn't have this problem, and that's saying something. Customer service is poor too. They sent me a beta firmware for the router, but alas, it will not accept it - says 'the uploaded file was not accepted
'

Pings the best I've had 10ms

As soon as I start a speed test it hits the upload part and that's it my lad starts flying over the map on fortnite.

Oh my head hurts with these routers

I've given Up it become absolutely un usable. As the Speeds went up the router Kept dropping connections.

Keeping with the bt one at least Its stable but the wifi is crap ha

Well after seeing my arse i took it off ebay. And tried a factory reset on the router and reinstalled it and updated firmware again to the latest

Left it a few days to see how it goes.

Well its settled right down getting much more stable speeds as i did with vr900 years ago.

Rock steady 70mb and 23mb upload.

Changed mtu settings slightly as suggested by somone helping me on bt forum.

I still cant do a speed test without it affecting the whole house but I'll just not do any.

Cheers for the help all the vr2800 is actually quite good. And i bet the asus ac68u would of been ok if i left it for a few days

Ha ha

Well after seeing my arse i took it off ebay. And tried a factory reset on the router and reinstalled it and updated firmware again to the latest

Left it a few days to see how it goes.

Well its settled right down getting much more stable speeds as i did with vr900 years ago.

Rock steady 70mb and 23mb upload.

Changed mtu settings slightly as suggested by somone helping me on bt forum.

I still cant do a speed test without it affecting the whole house but I'll just not do any.

Cheers for the help all the vr2800 is actually quite good. And i bet the asus ac68u would of been ok if i left it for a few days

Ha ha
Glad your sorted mate

Back