ATV 6.1 a mess after software update

another cockup appears to have appeared, I have done a software update on h52tc and h7 and on both of them the cron manager autostart couldn't be enabled. It turns out the file busybox-cron was missing from the /etc/init.d folder. As soon as I copied that file from my h2h and restarted the box autostart in the cronmanager was enabled.

I ran into this issue yesterday when trying to FTP over a IPTV script to my Zgemma H5.2TC running OpenATV 6.1 , no FTP access, SSH or Telnet. Tried a software update to the latest nightly build which didn't resolve the issue. So I re flashed/downgraded from USB back to the latest OpenATV 6.0 nightly build, and everything's OK again. Think I will steer clear of 6.1 for a while now until it goes into stable and not beta.

yeah looks like it's been on the stable branch since 19 october.

unforunately to move from 6.0 to 6.1 you need to reflash from scratch?

Reflash from scratch is no drama doesn't take long at all . I might try the latest 6.1 nightly again when I can be bothered.

Reflash from scratch is no drama doesn't take long at all . I might try the latest 6.1 nightly again when I can be bothered.

maybe for those pre-configured builds it is.
but not when you do it manually yourself and you have various little tweaks here and there that all need to be re-applied from scratch.

maybe for those pre-configured builds it is.
but not when you do it manually yourself and you have various little tweaks here and there that all need to be re-applied from scratch.
That's so true, you always forget one or two settings as well :) I rebuilt grogbuild for the H7C last night with latest nightly build and then realised this morning that I hadn't set a couple of timeshift settings, so I created back up again and then found something else, small but annoying.

Yea do that myself, I come back days later I notice something is wrong, save system settings and transfer them, speeds things up lol

I reflashed the latest open ATV 6.1 nightly build today and all seems good so far FTP, SSH , , telnet all working. Luckily I keep my images light so it's not time cosuming to reflash. I've just got the web access to resetup now so I can schedule recordings from dreamdroid on my phone.

just run a system settings restore and install your skin

thats what i do
I have a different issue when I do a software update on open atv 6.1, there's 49 off them in total, when the box tries to boot up it gets stuck on boot mode does anybody know why this happens

I have a different issue when I do a software update on open atv 6.1, there's 49 off them in total, when the box tries to boot up it gets stuck on boot mode does anybody know why this happens

This has been covered a few times of the site have a look

A reflash will be required as there was a dodgy kernel update that was effecting enigma boxes

Back