Autobouquetsmaker and EPGImport not working - solution

Note: these instructions are based on ATV 6.1

There have been numerous posts about epg's not updating and/or some channels not working (not to do with netid 12 on cable issue). Hopefully if there is a thread posting the resolution we won't see so many threads being started/hijacked with these issues.

EPG not updating

If you notice that your epg isn't updating as it should each day and you are using EPGImporter then the chances are you're sources are out of date. Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed.

Now press the exit button once to return to the Plugin Browser and press the Green button to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Again Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be installed. Now press the exit button once to return to the plugin browser.

Now select EPGImporter and then on the next screen press the blue button. Scroll to the end of the list of sources and you should see (New) Rytect UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version). Select this and you should see 6 sub feeds listed. Select the ones you need, I select them all just so I am coverred.

View attachment 27811

Now press the green button to save. You now can press the yellow button to download and then the green button again to save. You can now press the exit button to return to tv. Your epg should now start populating again, it may take a couple of minutes.

AutobouquetsMaker (ABM)

Some have reported some channels have gone black. It appears some channel frequencies have changed and ABM needs updating. If you have updated to ABM 2.8 but get a tuner error when runnning a scan skip to the last paragraph below

Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Once the gui has restarted, press the Green button on the remote and then the green button again to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Press the menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Update config files. Once the config files have updated, or if they didn't need updating, press the green button to run a scan.

Hope that helps

wooshbuild 7 has all the fixes done,
Thanks for your reply, I updated to wooshbuild 7 via my box (zgeama H2.s). I not familiar with all this high tech stuff as my user name suggests, but love giving it a go but since then epg not updating and lost my BT sports channel????

Anyone know how I set the EPG so that when I press down when on fullscreen TV, the EPG shows a full list of bouquets with channels in the list. Instead of me being on 101 and only getting the Entertainment bouquet showing, I'd like it to show all channels

Using latest Grogbuild on H5.2TC

just press the tv button
Sorry, I've just realised I wasn't very clear on what I wanted it to show. So in dsayers image you have each bouquet name and then the list of channels in that bouquet. So as a made up example

Entertainment
-103 etc

Factual

So rather than just showing the listing for the current bouquet, it shows all bouquets with all channels displayed underneath each bouquet 'folder'

I assume this is just a setting somewhere in the EPG menus but I cannot find it

I don't know without going in and playing, @dsayers2014 may have the answer
Sorted it so thought I would post the answer in case anyone else ever looks for same solution

Went into autobouqetsmaker then providers then changed ‘-Virgin (UK): generate main bouquet’ to yes (all channels)

Rebooted and waited for full screen tv to appear

Then pressed down and went to favourites (blue button) and chose all channels. That’s it showing as I wanted!

Hope that helps!

Note: these instructions are based on ATV 6.1

There have been numerous posts about epg's not updating and/or some channels not working (not to do with netid 12 on cable issue). Hopefully if there is a thread posting the resolution we won't see so many threads being started/hijacked with these issues.

EPG not updating

If you notice that your epg isn't updating as it should each day and you are using EPGImporter then the chances are you're sources are out of date. Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed.

Now press the exit button once to return to the Plugin Browser and press the Green button to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Again Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be installed. Now press the exit button once to return to the plugin browser.

Now select EPGImporter and then on the next screen press the blue button. Scroll to the end of the list of sources and you should see (New) Rytect UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version). Select this and you should see 6 sub feeds listed. Select the ones you need, I select them all just so I am coverred.

View attachment 27811

Now press the green button to save. You now can press the yellow button to download and then the green button again to save. You can now press the exit button to return to tv. Your epg should now start populating again, it may take a couple of minutes.

AutobouquetsMaker (ABM)

Some have reported some channels have gone black. It appears some channel frequencies have changed and ABM needs updating. If you have updated to ABM 2.8 but get a tuner error when runnning a scan skip to the last paragraph below

Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Once the gui has restarted, press the Green button on the remote and then the green button again to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Press the menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Update config files. Once the config files have updated, or if they didn't need updating, press the green button to run a scan.

Hope that helps

Thank you

Back