Best for elderly parents

I think a MAG box would be best once set up they are really easy to use and you don't have to mess about with epg settings.
Other than that Perfect Player(android, Amazon and PC) works well and is fairly easy to use.
If they have had sky before look at zgemma boxes as they can be set up to look like sky hd and sky q.
But easy use I would get the MAG 254 or MAG256.

I would say zgemmas with sly skin or wooshbuilds freesat image and can record aswell is it for iptv or just like remaining sattalite channels or freesat mate

Gave my parents a mag 256. They are in their 70s. It's the simplest format, especially if you need to talk them through some tech issues in the phone! They can work away with it now no problem.

I'd go for a sat box that can take an iptv plugin. That way they'll have one box with free to air channels on it as well as IPTV. You can also then add a VPN if needed.

Zgemmas come recommended on here, but i've only ever used VU boxes so could comment.

I'd go for a sat box that can take an iptv plugin. That way they'll have one box with free to air channels on it as well as IPTV. You can also then add a VPN if needed.

Zgemmas come recommended on here, but i've only ever used VU boxes so could comment.
He is asking for a simple box and the Vu boxes are far from simple if things go wrong

He is asking for a simple box and the Vu boxes are far from simple if things go wrong

No more problematic than any other box including a mag. I've had a Solo2 since 2012 running cs and then added IPTV for the last year and not had a problem. Pretty bullet proof.

No more problematic than any other box including a mag. I've had a Solo2 since 2012 running cs and then added IPTV for the last year and not had a problem. Pretty bullet proof.
That is you and not a person in their seventies,I have supplied hundreds of boxes over the years to all kinds of people and every customer is different

When I setup zgemmas for, ahem, the elderly or intellectually challenged etc, the second I have it up n running I make a bootable backup on a cheapo usb stick and tell / show them that if it crashes (very unlikely if you avoid the totally un necessary updates) or they somehow screw it up, put the usb in, boot it up ,n let it reflash, and unless they have accidentally impailed the box with an axe, no matter what, they are up n running again in 5 minutes.
Learning required ? Zero.

No no, I just mean sometimes a possible solution can be staring you straight in the face. Heck, I've been there many a time.
Just something to consider that might get someone out a hole.

They are just watching freeview via an old box at present.... would a smart telly be a good option or just stick with a MAG

Back