Best Mag box

I was a big fan of Mag boxes and have owned and sold quite a lot over the years.. ease of setup and clients that could find their way around the menus were the main reasons that i invested in these boxes.. Had.. and setup lots of 250,254,256, 349 and 351 (just sold) and the Mag Andoid box 410.

A big point was also the price as the boxes are priced well and for first time buyers affordable. Plus there are enough youtube video´s to help get you started on how to set them up or flash them if blocked.

Since Infomir introduced the Mag block around last christmas everything has just becomme a little more complicated.. eg.. i bought a Mag349 updated it and everything was blocked which meant flashing older software with no block. Same problem arose with clients who were blocked on other boxes. This was my main reason to begin to look elsewhere.

The best box if you watch a lot of movies is the 351 as it´s the only box that can play 4K .. for normal use i like the 324.

I now use the Buzztv xr4000 which leave`s all the Mag boxes behind..

It costs about the same as the 351 but the Buzztv box has an easier setup and use .

I like the one touch buttons where you can switch from Tv to vod or series with one click.. also the EPG layout and choices thats on offer make it for me the better choice. My wife could also work the box after a few minutes which also helped :)

Also plus on the Buzztv box is the fact that you can install apps like Kodi or Netflix if needed.

Best standard Mag - 324

Mag 4K -351

or think about the Buzztv box...
hi, i have a mag254 but whant to buy a knew box, do you have any thoughts about buzzXRS 4000 or buzzXRS 4500 , the 4500 im thinking to buy ,but not a teknic wonder . thx kim

hi, i have a mag254 but whant to buy a knew box, do you have any thoughts about buzzXRS 4000 or buzzXRS 4500 , the 4500 im thinking to buy ,but not a teknic wonder . thx kim
I traded up from a Formuler Z8 and have the XRS 4000 and love it. But the XRS 4500 is some tool for the money (£125) extra 32GB storage updated chipset but the big thing is the backlit remote. (y)

I´d agree with everything basejumper has written.. i also have the XR4000 and it´s a great piece of kit.

Z8 is a good bit of kit.. if I could fault it, I would of upgraded, regardless of box, supplier is just as important, pointless spending absorbent price for a decent box, without a decent reliable provider..imo.

Last edited:
Z8 is a good bit of kit.. if I could fault it, I would of upgraded, regardless of box, supplier is just as important, pointless spending absorbent price for a decent box, without a decent reliable provider..imo.
No need to upgrade a Z8 and I won't be upgrading my XRS4000 either. The upgrades are too insignificant to make a difference. But if I was buying a new one.... :love:

Mag 322 easy to use and set up no real point in 4k at the moment not enough content and most people need good and reliable Internet to run 4k.

Not had any issues mate we only add top quality films etc blu ray release so can only comment on personal use.
It should play all with latest software but can't say for sure.
Don't play 4k not supported.

Buzztv 4000 Series will receive a new update with Multi Home Screen Option just like the 4500 series. To help you guys here is a comparison chart. Please note the ST 4000 is delayed due to Convid-19 and we have no date for release. We have also attached the Buzztv catalogue.

comparison buzztv.png

Attachments

• BuzzTV-CES-8x11-signs-v4-OL-compressed.pdf
    547.3 KB · Views: 8
i wrote ,,,,
hi, i have a mag254 but whant to buy a knew box, do you have any thoughts about buzzXRS 4000 or buzzXRS 4500 , the 4500 im thinking to buy ,but not a teknic wonder . thx kim ,,,
last saturday i ordered a buzztvxrs4500 and i got i this thoursday , installed it ,( and all my mag254 problems were gone ) so far no problems at all :-))) no frezing no restarts

the only problem I have is getting to know all the possibilities :-)))))))

thx to kielbear for the recommendation :-)))

hi again , any who knows how to get subtitles to vod and tv series , if its a app , which app is recomended
thx

@kimno30

Press vod button or navigate to that menu, during playback press the colour key, (menu bar will show you the option) you can select subtitles there however the subtitles text is dependent on your providers server. Buzztv application will grab data from that server.

Back