Best options for 2022/2023 Sesaon

werdna

Season starts today, where is everyone planning on watching the football this season? Couple of options below:

DigitAlb @ 16e
It looks like DigitAlb is the best current option. They have English, German, Spanish and French league, most of them have an English commentary track. DigitAlb also have every Premier League match in week 1, so it seems like they will show every match.

Canal+ France @ 19e
They have launched 2 new channels last week for football. Seems like they will show most of the bigger games, but not every game. I believe they will have a second audio track, but it is crowd noise rather than English comms.

Canal+ CZ/SK @ 23e
New channels for this year. They have just launched a second channel so they will have at least 2 3pm matches at a time. No english comms here.

Arena @ 16e
This seems to be the best overall package in terms of choice. No English comms is the only downside.

Arena @ 23e
Similar channels, but nowhere near the same selection of games.

Nova @ 13e
Huge selection of Football, all with English comms. This only seems to clear on the Forever server, and most in Europe seem to have issues with it.

Dazn @ 19e
Similar to Canal+ France, they won't show every game, but what they show will have crowd noise as a second channel.

Eleven @ 30w
Second only to Arena in terms of selection, but again, no English comms.

Canal+ Poland @ 13e
They had lost the Premier League rights to Viaplay this year, and were only due to show 2 games per week. It seems ViaPlay are having issues and not ready for the new season. Canal+ will show every PL game for the first 8 weeks of the season. No english comms.

Prima Sport @ 39e / Digi Sport @ 1w / Diema @ 39e
A lot of games, not but English comms.

FTA Channels at 52e
I don't get these channels, but seems to be a good FTA option. English commentary normally available.

I probably missed some here, where are you watching?

Season starts today, where is everyone planning on watching the football this season? Couple of options below:

DigitAlb @ 16e
It looks like DigitAlb is the best current option. They have English, German, Spanish and French league, most of them have an English commentary track. DigitAlb also have every Premier League match in week 1, so it seems like they will show every match.

Canal+ France @ 19e
They have launched 2 new channels last week for football. Seems like they will show most of the bigger games, but not every game. I believe they will have a second audio track, but it is crowd noise rather than English comms.

Canal+ CZ/SK @ 23e
New channels for this year. They have just launched a second channel so they will have at least 2 3pm matches at a time. No english comms here.

Arena @ 16e
This seems to be the best overall package in terms of choice. No English comms is the only downside.

Arena @ 23e

Nova @ 13e
Huge selection of Football, all with English comms. This only seems to clear on the Forever server, and most in Europe seem to have issues with it.

Dazn @ 19e
Similar to Canal+ France, they won't show every game, but what they show will have crowd noise as a second channel.

Eleven @ 30w

Canal+ Poland @ 13e
They had lost the Premier League rights to Viaplay this year, and were only due to show 2 games per week. It seems ViaPlay are having issues and not ready for the new season. Canal+ will show every PL game for the first 8 weeks of the season. No english comms.

FTA Channels at 52e
I don't get these channels, but seems to be a good FTA option. English commentary normally available.

Where ? At the ground for my teams games but other wise probably most of those and if none English radio commentary synced to the channel.

well we just got a couple of season tickets to local ladies team, based on last few weeks of footy, it could be better than watching mens team and far cheaper as well.

other games will use iptv

DigitAlb @ 16e

Canal+ France @ 19e

Canal+ CZ/SK @ 23e

Arena @ 16e

Arena @ 23e

Nova @ 13e

Dazn @ 19e

Eleven @ 30w

Canal+ Poland @ 13e

FTA Channels at 52e

Perfec quality on Canal+ CZ/SK @ 23e - can anyone please suggest best trick/method to sync the live Sat from Canal+ with BBC radio. I just tried but radio is almost 1 minute behind.
What is best way to achieve the perfect sync?

Some one mentioned the Budweiser app in another thread, I've just put it on my solo 4k and it does work as i have just been watching prime sport on 0.8w with radio 5 commentary. It looks like you can buffer it too as the commentary was in front of the game by a few seconds. I've got to work out how to alter it. I've attached here if anyone wants to play with it.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser-6.2.3t.ipk.rar
    14.9 KB · Views: 15
Some one mentioned the Budweiser app in another thread, I've just put it on my solo 4k and it does work as i have just been watching prime sport on 0.8w with radio 5 commentary. It looks like you can buffer it too as the commentary was in front of the game by a few seconds. I've got to work out how to alter it. I've attached here if anyone wants to play with it.

Have been playing with this and it works well for 5 Live.

In the sources.json file you can add different sources. It seems possible to add IPTV streams here, but I haven't got it working yet.

You can add IPTV sources using:
Code:
["Sky Sports Main Event", "IPTVURL", 100, "YOUR-URL.ts", "Example Description", 1, true],

My IPTV m3u has the channels listed without a ".ts" extension. I'm guessing this may be my issue.

Have been playing with this and it works well for 5 Live.

In the sources.json file you can add different sources. It seems possible to add IPTV streams here, but I haven't got it working yet.

You can add IPTV sources using:
Code:
["Sky Sports Main Event", "IPTVURL", 100, "YOUR-URL.ts", "Example Description", 1, true],

My IPTV m3u has the channels listed without a ".ts" extension. I'm guessing this may be my issue.
Have you managed to alter the buffer. The radio 5 commentary is about 5 seconds ahead.

looks like you alter the buffer with the volume up and down buttons,but i have selected radio 5 and have no volume on

looks like you alter the buffer with the volume up and down buttons,but i have selected radio 5 and have no volume on
Volume doesn't seem to work for me. You can adjust the buffer in the sources.json file though.

It's at:
usr/lib/engima2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Budweiser

or:
usr/lib/engima2/Plugins/Extensions/Budweiser

There are 2 5 Live versions, the first is the online stream and works for me.
["Radio5", "MP3URL", 300, "https://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_five_live_online_nonuk", "Ditto", 1, true],

You could try another 5 LIve source?

It seems both volume and <> work. You have to do it with the menu open is where I was going wrong.

no stations are working for me,i select one then end up back on the plugin browser menu
Does the regular sound go off for the channel you were watching? If you go back in to plugin and choose "ctrl z" does it come back?

It seems both volume and <> work. You have to do it with the menu open is where I was going wrong.

Does the regular sound go off for the channel you were watching? If you go back in to plugin and choose "ctrl z" does it come back?
yes the regular sound goes off and chooseing ctrl z does nothing just kicks me out the plugin

yes the regular sound goes off and chooseing ctrl z does nothing just kicks me out the plugin
It does the same for me, after every choice it will return you to the menu. I added the plugin to a button to make things easier.

After a couple of seconds of closing, the radio kicks in for me. Ctrl Z stops the radio, but I can only return the audio to the channel by changing channels.

On the forum this was originally posted some people had issues down the box they had. Worth reading through that and seeing if there was a solution

On the quality of channels. If commentary isn't a consideration, the best channels are on 1w.

Prima Sport Romania has a great picture, but the best I found was "See Dansk HD", which seems to show a lot of the matches.

Canal+ CZ the best option outside thor, with Canal+ France a decent option too.

Disappointed in Dazn Spain quality, I expected better here. I didn't test Eleven on 30w, but will next time there is a match.

I got the following comparison from another forum. I tested "See Dansk" and was getting 13Mbps, so it along with the other Danish channels like TV3 seem to be the best.

Prima wasn't on this list, but when I tested it was around 11Mbps. Prima is due to start broadcasting on 39e soon, so another good option for people.

CANAL+ HD Astra 19
11.2Mbps

Diema Sport 2 HD
11Mbps

CANAL+SPORT HD Astra 23
9Mbps

CANAL+SPORT 2 HD Hotbird
8Mbps

Novasports Hotbird
5.6 Mbps

Arena sports Eutel 16
5.8Mbps

Eleven sport 1 HD
5.5Mbps

Diema Sport 2 HD HellasSat 39
5.2Mbps

Sport 1 HD Amos
5.1Mbps

Super Sport Eutelsat 16
4.9Mbps

Digi Sport 1 HD Rom Thor
4Mbps

Edit:

The Danish channels are on a beam that is tough to get in Europe/Middle East, but easy in UK:
Thor 5 at 0.8°W - LyngSat Maps

I had a really low ecm on this channel, and no break ups at all, probably very few are watching during the football.

is canal+ france actually clearing for people. I have oscam so might just be i need a new provider to unlock these channels?

Back