Best router as I have hub 3

Put the hub into modem mode, plug mesh into it using ethernet cable and then connect everything to the mesh, personally I used the SID/password on the mesh to the same as was used by the hub, that way I didn't need to change all of my wifi connections, ie

if your hub SID was VM1234 (I had changed mine), then on the mesh set the SID as VM1234 and use the same password. All of your wifi devices should then connect without having to change their wifi connection.
Good tip thanks all fine through the deco app I presume Changing the Sid & password and easy enough

Put the hub into modem mode, plug mesh into it using ethernet cable and then connect everything to the mesh, personally I used the SID/password on the mesh to the same as was used by the hub, that way I didn't need to change all of my wifi connections, ie

if your hub SID was VM1234 (I had changed mine), then on the mesh set the SID as VM1234 and use the same password. All of your wifi devices should then connect without having to change their wifi connection.
You learn something new every day. If only I’d knew about setting the same ssid when I set up mine, still having to connect devices now which I’d forgot about

You learn something new every day. If only I’d knew about setting the same ssid when I set up mine, still having to connect devices now which I’d forgot about
I'm a lazy Ba5t*** and if there is a way that takes less effort I will find it. I didn't fancy changing all of my smart lights etc to another sid,.

I'm a lazy Ba5t*** and if there is a way that takes less effort I will find it. I didn't fancy changing all of my smart lights etc to another sid,.
Also do you change Sid password on just the one deco plugged into the virgin modem or do you change all three via app!! Like to x all bases before I start so I don’t make a Fuukup and come back on here with daft mistakes

Also do you change Sid password on just the one deco plugged into the virgin modem or do you change all three via app!! Like to x all bases before I start so I don’t make a Fuukup and come back on here with daft mistakes
just change it once on the app and it sets them all, you don't need to set each mesh base individually

So the problem I’m having is when putting in modem mode to router light at the bottom stays red and no internet change a to router mode and just switch off wifi and decos working well

So the problem I’m having is when putting in modem mode to router light at the bottom stays red and no internet change a to router mode and just switch off wifi and decos working well
the light on the front bottom of the VM hub should be red in modem mode.

Nothing connected to the hub via wifi will be able to access the internet, all have to go through the decos.

What steps have you taken?:

1. put hub into modem mode and maybe reboot it. (not sure if reboot is necessary)
2. plug deco 1 into hub using ethernet port 1 on hub
3. set SID/password on Deco ?
4. set up DHCP on deco if required, ie use google nameservers instead of VM.

I think once done all should be good to go

the light on the front bottom of the VM hub should be red in modem mode.

Nothing connected to the hub via wifi will be able to access the internet, all have to go through the decos.

What steps have you taken?:

1. put hub into modem mode and maybe reboot it. (not sure if reboot is necessary)
2. plug deco 1 into hub using ethernet port 1 on hub
3. set SID/password on Deco ?
4. set up DHCP on deco if required, ie use google nameservers instead of VM.

I think once done all should be good to go

ffs I was all the way there and now I’ve changed bk to virgin modem and turned wifi off so I just go into deco settings and set dhcp to google
And so on

you don't have to set the dhcp to google, but I have lol.

the easiest way to test, is connect deco to hub as steps 1 & 2 above and then if you have something normally hardwired to hub, plug it into deco instead and see if you get internet. That should work basically out of the box. If all good, set sid/password on deco and try to connect a wifi device, you might need to disconnect wifi on say your phone and then reconnect but shouldn't have to if you've used the same sid/password as you did on hub. If that works then the deco's are working, now you can set dhcp as required. ie some of my devices have been assigned an IP address, so I know my zgemma is always 192.168.0.123 etc

EDIT: you only need to plug one deco in, once it has been set up it's just a matter of plugging the other two into the mains and they should connect automatically to the main/1st one

O
you don't have to set the dhcp to google, but I have lol.

the easiest way to test, is connect deco to hub as steps 1 & 2 above and then if you have something normally hardwired to hub, plug it into deco instead and see if you get internet. That should work basically out of the box. If all good, set sid/password on deco and try to connect a wifi device, you might need to disconnect wifi on say your phone and then reconnect but shouldn't have to if you've used the same sid/password as you did on hub. If that works then the deco's are working, now you can set dhcp as required. ie some of my devices have been assigned an IP address, so I know my zgemma is always 192.168.0.123 etc

ok yes did all that nothing is plugged in to router hardwired normally anyway did the Sid and password straight away no problem but was coming up with no internet connection problem with dhcp please try again all my devices came straight on to the app which was brilliant what a great way Sid/password I would never of thought of it!!

O

ok yes did all that nothing is plugged in to router hardwired normally anyway did the Sid and password straight away no problem but was coming up with no internet connection problem with dhcp please try again all my devices came straight on to the app which was brilliant what a great way Sid/password I would never of thought of it!!
so are we cooking on gas now?

O

So I’m out so can’t try again till tomorrow kids are more than happy as they just rang saying VR online is best it’s ever been and that’s with the wifi turned off at router and deco used via wifi only what thrown me was red light and dhcp which it was saying on app wish I would of just sent quick message on here before I had to leave

yes thats the way I have it set at the moment with th tp-link TP-WPA4220 powerline Wi-Fi Kit.

Thanks guys all working like a treat to be fair even in WiFi mode last night best Internet we have ever had in every room now in modem mode the virgin router and tp links all connected had to hard reset all tp links first but thanks guys always a pleasure asking questions on here so much knowledge and the change of sid/password genius

So what a massive difference it’s a life changer for sure!! The only thing I’m have a problem with is the TiVo boxes talking to each other ie I have TiVo in lounge TiVo in bedroom the wife like to watch recording on box downstairs which are on box upstairs since changing can’t also have a v6 in one kids room. It was say on box upstairs seems like Ethernet cable disconnected on network so changed that box to wifi still nothing thanks all again

So what a massive difference it’s a life changer for sure!! The only thing I’m have a problem with is the TiVo boxes talking to each other ie I have TiVo in lounge TiVo in bedroom the wife like to watch recording on box downstairs which are on box upstairs since changing can’t also have a v6 in one kids room. It was say on box upstairs seems like Ethernet cable disconnected on network so changed that box to wifi still nothing thanks all again
I don't know how the tivo boxes work, if they use the router or if they operate on the tv connection. If they use the router, have the ip addresses changed?

Back